HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goldeneye Source Beta 3 Released!  (Read 2701 times)

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • Gonarch
  • GE:S and Ballistic Weapons tester.
    • View Profile
Goldeneye Source Beta 3 Released!
« on: February 07, 2009, 11:45:24 PM »

After a two year wait and a complete port to the Source OB engine, Beta 3 of Goldeneye: Source has finally been released!

GoldenEye: Source is a modification of Half-Life 2, with only one goal in mind; to bring the memories and experiences from the original GoldenEye64 back to life using Source Technology. We want you to look at this mod and remember the first best multiplayer first-person shooter ever made. We are doing our best to bring in the opinions of the community to create a game that everyone is going to enjoy. But, we are not here to recreate the game exactly how it was in GE64, a lot of things have changed since they first designed that game, mainly in technology and gamers experiences. We are here to take the game even further but at the same time provide a lot of those fun elements that hardcore GE64 fans will enjoy. We've got experienced team members all across the board, from professional level, to amateurs looking to make it into the business working hard to make this dream a reality.

Some of the key objects we have to focus on are. Keeping the original feel for the game that we all know and love. Adding new and fun game play features, along with new maps and weapons that will keep the game feeling new. We can do this by, getting together with all of our development team, and asking ourselves "What are the things we always wanted to see and do?". This question has come up alot, and we think we got some really interesting ideas, that we look forward to see come together.

A faithful high def recreation of the original GE64 game, Goldeneye: Source requires only that you have bought a source game on your steam account in order to play. As one of the beta testers for this great mod, I can say that it is great fun and definitely worth the download. 8)

Included are some pictures and a link to the trailer:

Weapon Selection Menu, Weapon and Ammo indicators, and the Blood Screen

Note: These screenshots are photoshopped, and do not indicated any sort of split screen multiplayer.

Trailer.

Client Downloads:
Official Mirror: Moddb
Official Mirror: FileFront
Official Mirror: Internode

I'll see you guys online. ;)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 05:13:14 AM by Sergeant Kelly »

SaxonSwine

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
Re: Goldeneye Source Beta 3 Released!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 11:40:40 AM »

Will d/l and play at some point, the old betas were quite good fun.  It would be really good to get a few mates playing this, since that was most of the fun of the original - playing with your friends and psyching each other out =D

Since you're a beta tester, please hammer on at the dev team to make single player. 

BaxtonLoire started doing that, maybe his work could be used for maps --- see his work here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg0czJ371D0&feature=channel_page

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • Gonarch
  • GE:S and Ballistic Weapons tester.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 05:55:03 AM »

Oooh, that actually looks pretty good. I'd love to see stuff like that in GE:S.

Is he still working on those?

SaxonSwine

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 09:42:27 AM »

As far as I know he is still working on it...  That YouTube page is the only place you can contact him as far as I know - it would be great if the GE team could get him aboard <3

I'm glad you took my suggestion seriously!  It isn't often that happens :P