HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Floodable Pool or something?  (Read 3272 times)

Juliz

• Headcrab
    • View Profile
Floodable Pool or something?
« on: February 13, 2009, 12:02:15 AM »

Ok, more doubts  :D
I've advanced a lot on my map thanks to the sliding doors stuff, and I also learned a bit of func train, and that helped me A LOT.
Well, the map is for tfc, my idea is to make 2 elevators to come down trought a silo or something, and in the lower part, would be the flag.
Then i thought that if you get killed while coming up in the elevator, the flag will fall onto a acid  pool.. but then if you try to get the flag out of there you will die by the acid..
So i though that it may be an interruptor or something that just drain the acid, and you could be able to get the flag in a short time..
Ok, so what i dont know to do, is that draining, like in the map stadium from Sven Coop, that you can flood all the yard..
How can I do that?

Sorry if i didint explained well, i have to work a little on my draft :P

Bye  ;D

Red Slug

• 12 Gauge
  • Gargantua
  • Short-range firepower
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
Re: Floodable Pool or something?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 07:12:09 PM »

Make a brush, assign to entity Func_Water which will be triggered by a button or something. Exactly like a door. Except the facts, that's water.

Juliz

• Headcrab
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 08:39:43 PM »

Hmm, i target it to a func_button, but the water doesnt allow me to set the direction of the move (only the angles, the up and down seems to not work)
Could you tell me more detailed how i do that? because I cant put a name to the water entity also..

Red Slug

• 12 Gauge
  • Gargantua
  • Short-range firepower
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 01:57:43 PM »

Hmm, i target it to a func_button, but the water doesnt allow me to set the direction of the move (only the angles, the up and down seems to not work)
Could you tell me more detailed how i do that? because I cant put a name to the water entity also..

I'm not keen to setup Hammer again, so here's a link which shows you the possibilities of customization:

http://halflife.qeradiant.com/entities/func_water.htm
And up and down does work, just set it in the small dropdown-menu right to the angle compass thing.

Juliz

• Headcrab
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 02:49:12 PM »

Then i guess its my tfc fgd, cause I dont see the targetname, and when I try to put Down or Up, when i close the window, and check it again, it resets..
Ok, I'll see if I can get a better tfc fgd
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 05:51:32 PM by Juliz »

Doommarine23

• Houndeye
  • What a Beautiful day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2009, 06:04:00 AM »

I'm not keen to setup Hammer again, so here's a link which shows you the possibilities of customization:

http://halflife.qeradiant.com/entities/func_water.htm
And up and down does work, just set it in the small dropdown-menu right to the angle compass thing.

For that link, I love you... alot