HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: STALKER: Oblivion Lost build 1935 (2055) Officially Released by GSC  (Read 7914 times)

Abyss 25

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
Re: STALKER: Oblivion Lost build 1935 (2055) Officially Released by GSC
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 12:08:04 PM »

No, not really. The AI is rather stupid. As in they have the poor judgment to stand completely still while a bloodsucker or anything else comes over and smacks him round the head a few times. What is great is the level design.

Cookie man

• Want some cookies?
  • Gargantua
  • :\
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 02:17:05 PM »

No, not really. The AI is rather stupid. As in they have the poor judgment to stand completely still while a bloodsucker or anything else comes over and smacks him round the head a few times. What is great is the level design.

Oh, I see. I'd really like to see them do stupid things hahah. But maybe I'll be too busy looking around at the level design.

Nige111

• Gonarch
  • Metal Gea.. I mean.. Shagohod?!
    • View Profile
    • Cake :D
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 03:49:24 PM »

Is sid the only friendly guy in the whole of cordon? I stepped outside of his bunker thing and was bumrushed by about 16 military guise.

Killed them all, as god mode was on, despite I was trying my hardest not to get hit, I only realised after I threw a bad nade.

KylerAdams

• A subtly invisible
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 08:28:15 PM »

What is great is the level design.

I'm pretty sure this is the same with every game - people see the prerelease stuff, play the release game, get disappointed + wanna play the beta/prerelease.

It's not "better", it's more of playing that which is (generally) illegal + unplayed before, and expecting it to be bigger + better than release.

It's like [C&C] Generals - people desperately want the alpha/betas + a few people have actually gone as far to as remake vehicles from prerelease... Hell, there's a mod dedicated to remaking it.

Somebody actually leaked (released? Unlikely, knowing EA games) alpha 0.0096 or something. Can't remember which exactly + can't find it again.

Mind you, Gen prerelease may have been alot better than release; the USMC gained a weird whitish/grey color scheme (originally brownish) and the devs cut a mission out of all 3 campaigns. (which would was supposed to tie all 3 campaigns together. Woulda been good, too, the campaigns are only like 5 missions each.)

e: misread that as a question asking "what's so great about level design". n/m dis.

Cookie man

• Want some cookies?
  • Gargantua
  • :\
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2009, 04:47:12 PM »

Yep, the AI IS dumb. Heck the bolt can even kill a soldier, and the 2 other patrols just ran, 1 running around like a crazed maniac and the other one ran somewhere really fast, didn't see him after he disappeared into the fog.

The soldiers are actually friendly (The 3 patrolling ones anyways) just don't whip your weapon out in front of them. Check your PDA's contacts, the Stalkers are using soldier meshes some how.

Also, heres an English translation of Sid's dialogs and some other dialogs. Translated by BAC9-FLCL and QuaNTuMbenxh  fixed the xml errors.

Quoted from QuaNTuMbenxh:
Screenshots :

http://img26.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ssbenjamin022809141113.jpg

http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ssbenjamin022809141117.jpg

http://img26.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ssbenjamin022809141119.jpg

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?bypsmgmdawe

Spasibo - BAC9-FLCL
Thank you - BAC9-FLCL

All credit goes to BAC9-FLCL

----------------------------------
How to install?
Just extract this into your gamedata folder

what i did?
I just found a XML mistake and fixed it

Sandler

• Half-Life Addict
  • Gargantua
  • =D
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 09:44:10 PM »

The original storyline was for Oblivion Lost was meant to be in the future or something liked that, I'm glad they went Chernobyl.

Flowers Of Naivety

• DIE DIE DIE
  • Gonarch
  • kikikimamama
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2009, 10:21:12 AM »

I can't wait for this to be stable. I've only played a few times. It really isn't all that great, especially to someone who hasn't played the real game. But it's what made STALKER so good in my opinion. With some work it could be made perfect.

It's all about the atmosphere.
Pages: 1 [2]