HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Mass Effect 2 - E3 Trailer  (Read 6825 times)

Frraksurred

• Team HL:S:HD
  • Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
Mass Effect 2 - E3 Trailer
« on: May 29, 2009, 08:03:36 PM »

Loved the original and the sequel is looking better all the time.  The E3 trailer has been posted, enjoy:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-mass-effect/49798?type=flv

Jazz Hands

• H.I.T. Forums Mega Dancer
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Effect 2 - E3 Trailer
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 08:15:54 PM »

Never played Mass Effect sadly. But after seeing that trailer (which reminded me a lot like the Star Trek trailers), it looks mind blowing! I mean wow that almost made me feel it was a damn movie!

Ghost-621

• Writing songs for Christ. Development team tester
  • Alien Grunt
  • A.K.A. <CC>< Ghos†-621
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2009, 12:47:03 AM »

Man... it just keeps getting better. I can't wait to get my hands on this. It already looks so much more polished and better than the first one.

Frraksurred

• Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2009, 01:11:30 PM »

The first one had pretty good graphics with only a couple of nagging exceptions... however the story and gameplay were all of that and then some.  Well worth the play through.  There is enough replay value in this game that I've been through it 6 times in different ways.

The lighting, textures and mechanics in the last couple ME2 trailers seem to be a vast improvement over what was already more then decent.  I'm excited about the game.  My local shop has it listed as a 1-10-2010 release, hard to say though.

Ghost-621

• Writing songs for Christ. Development team tester
  • Alien Grunt
  • A.K.A. <CC>< Ghos†-621
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2009, 11:30:15 PM »

Screw Gamefly, I'm pre-ordering this!

Lt.JC

• Silencer
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Nostalgic-Games
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 10:35:08 AM »

I have a question about Mass Effect.

Do you always have to be with your squad on missions or is it the players choice if he takes someone with him or not?

Frraksurred

• Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2009, 12:08:32 AM »

Do you always have to be with your squad on missions or is it the players choice if he takes someone with him or not?

You get to choose which of your team to bring, but I don't think it gives you the ability to NOT choose anyone.  It is in your best interest to take them with you anyway, as you cannot possibly possess all the skills needed when you get out in the field.  Some doors and loot require a high tech level to unlock.  Some opponents will require a high combat level.  Some items need a high mechanical level, etc.  Your character can have some of the skills, but not all of them.  Also NPC's can react favorably or unfavorably to you depending on who you bring with you.  You'll need your squad, the nice thing is they are fairly unobtrusive.  You can direct them to hang back if you want all the action for yourself.  In the beginning, until I could get them some decent armor and health regen, I did this a lot just to keep them alive.  It also helped to speed my ranking and skills as a result.

Lt.JC

• Silencer
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Nostalgic-Games
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2009, 09:41:10 AM »

Ok thanks for the..very detailed answer  ;D

I would rather have the choice to not take anyone with me at all but..maybe I'll give it a try. I saw a very cheap version of Mass Effect at amazon so probably I'm gonna check it out ^^

Frraksurred

• Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 01:02:49 AM »

Some new trailers have been released.  The latest is a Dev diary with some nice reveals.  If you want to avoid spoilers I'd avoid this trailer however:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-reveal-mass-effect/52551

For the rest you can go here:

http://www.gametrailers.com/game/mass-effect-2/10875

In addition they have announced another patch for Mass Effect 1 in conjunction with a new DLC called "The Escapist".  The DLC is supposed to be mostly combat oriented centered around a bar/fight club and have some kind of tie in to ME2.  No word on exactly when it is supposed to be released however.

Lt.JC

• Silencer
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Nostalgic-Games
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2009, 11:16:18 AM »

In the meantime, I have the decided to order a copy of Mass Effect 1 now  ;D

Frraksurred

• Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2009, 11:12:55 PM »

Cool, you'll have to let us know how you like it.  It starts slow, but give it some time.

Lt.JC

• Silencer
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Nostalgic-Games
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 06:51:47 PM »

So, the last few days I was busy playing Mass Effect 1 and "Masterfully Staged Game" is the only thing I can say about it.

Ofcourse you have to like scifi and all that stuff and you need time to understand the story and the characters but the action side of the game alone is just really good implemented and the story is suspenseful till the end because you never know what happens next or what you have to decide.

At first I had a few problems like crashes and graphic errors but after I updated my graphic card drivers it worked 100% without crashes or errors.

Also the team members you have to take with you are not as annoying as I thought they would be. Actually I began to like Wrex and Tali as my teammembers and they have conversations among themselves which is kinda cool.  ;)

The only negative site in the game I saw was the Inventory system..it is a bit confusing at first but you get used to it if you play a while. But it will always be inconvenient and unclear. I mean if you are in a shop or something. Everything you have is in one list, one category and you will have a LOT of stuff in the game so you have to search everything manually. But its not that of a big deal.

For me, Mass Effect is definately the best action RPG I played since Deus Ex 1.  8)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 06:58:29 PM by Lt.JC »

Frraksurred

• Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 01:20:44 AM »

I had many of the same reactions you are.  I loved the game as a whole, with just a couple minor complaints.  You'll be glad to know they completely deleted the inventory system in ME2 for what they claim is a much more convenient one with more options.  We'll have to wait and see, but everything I've seen so far looks like an improvement so I'm hopeful.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game.  I'm looking forward to the next patch and DLC, but especially the ME2.

Nige111

• Gonarch
  • Metal Gea.. I mean.. Shagohod?!
    • View Profile
    • Cake :D
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 10:02:24 AM »

The inventory system kinda annoyed me, why can't I see EVERYTHING I've got at the same time? :x

Also, thread made me reinstall, let's hope I don't get any gamekilling bugs this time. ¬_¬

Frraksurred

• Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 03:08:58 PM »

I'm waiting for the DLC and then I'm going to do one more play through with my Vanguard before ME2.  I'll set me character up with all the "proper" choices to start the sequel with.

I posted some decent screen shots here and here if anyone's interested.  This first link is to a high-res thread, so beware the 2560x1600 screens.  ;D  The second link has screen shots from a whole host of games, all highest settings.
Pages: [1] 2