HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Left For Dead 2 Announced  (Read 18332 times)

Fredy

• Romka's shitter
  • Alien Grunt
  • Gaygaygaygaygay
    • View Profile
Re: Left For Dead 2 Announced
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 11:21:03 PM »

ITT: Raged nerds.

Flowers Of Naivety

• DIE DIE DIE
  • Gonarch
  • kikikimamama
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2009, 12:37:11 AM »

The new survivors look like crap.

KylerAdams

• A subtly invisible
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 12:53:03 AM »

Ellis looks too old to be a boy, Coach looks too fat to be a coa...*remembers gym teachers* nevermind that.

Randomly noticed this... are those HK416s? The stock looks more like a 416 than a M4/M16, I think.

Jazz Hands

• H.I.T. Forums Mega Dancer
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 01:52:35 AM »

« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 02:01:23 AM by Jazz Hands »

Aydin

• The full metal alchemist
  • DoC Development Team
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 01:53:33 AM »

Yeah it Is a cash cow, and Im going to buy some milk, Much more likeable characters if you ask me, jazz hands is right about micheal clark duncan and Im going to take this oppurtunity to mow down zombies with chainsaws and frying pan's, the game looks really nice, has a touch of the good ol' south, and the characters arent all ex-military men and supermarket clerks. If they beef it up enough then go ahead and sell it as a seperate game, I honestly dont tihnk they would sell it as a seperate game if it really just felt like those godamned dlc packs everyone has raging boners for these days.

everyones bitching about sequels and trilogies these days. its goddamn annoying.

Frostbite

• Today I've molested a...
  • Gonarch
  • Can't shake this feeling.
    • View Profile
    • Frostbite
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 02:32:46 AM »

Note: A lot of animations are placeholders from L4D1. Same with various sounds.

Кассир клерка

• Clerk of Cashiers
  • Gonarch
  • I can't believe in myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 06:23:30 AM »

Yeah it Is a cash cow, and Im going to buy some milk, Much more likeable characters if you ask me, jazz hands is right about micheal clark duncan and Im going to take this oppurtunity to mow down zombies with chainsaws and frying pan's, the game looks really nice, has a touch of the good ol' south, and the characters arent all ex-military men and supermarket clerks. If they beef it up enough then go ahead and sell it as a seperate game, I honestly dont tihnk they would sell it as a seperate game if it really just felt like those godamned dlc packs everyone has raging boners for these days.

everyones bitching about sequels and trilogies these days. its goddamn annoying.
Probably because the past 3 years has been nothing but fucking mediocre sequels and cunts cashing out on well established franchises. The only decent new games that have come out that are a brand new IP were Dead Space and Mirrors edge, the rest have either been sequels or the definition of 'meh' and Mirror's Edge and Deadspace weren't the best things created by man either.

Frankly with how shitty valve have been supporting L4D lately(It took them half a year to release one new fucking map with a hacked on game mode that probably took an afternoon) seeing them try to throw out a sequel is a kick in the balls that just proves that they weren't even trying to add shit to L4D and have spent the entire time making a sequel. A sequel to a multiplayer game that was only released awhile ago. That's called cashing out.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 06:29:17 AM by Kerc »

Flowers Of Naivety

• DIE DIE DIE
  • Gonarch
  • kikikimamama
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 08:16:04 AM »

A sequel that looks like something some Brazilian kid could have put together with stuff made by other modders.

Red Slug

• 12 Gauge
  • Gargantua
  • Short-range firepower
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2009, 08:16:47 AM »

.. The only decent new games that have come out that are a brand new IP were Dead Space and Mirrors edge, ...

Mirrors Edge awesomeness fried my graphics. It really has some innovative game-elements

Frankly with how shitty valve have been supporting L4D lately(It took them half a year to release one new fucking map with a hacked on game mode that probably took an afternoon) seeing them try to throw out a sequel is a kick in the balls that just proves that they weren't even trying to add shit to L4D and have spent the entire time making a sequel. A sequel to a multiplayer game that was only released awhile ago. That's called cashing out.

I guess Valve realized they developed L4D the wrong way from the very beginning, trapped themself, and saw no other way than dumping in order it to give it a second try.

Aydin

• The full metal alchemist
  • DoC Development Team
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2009, 10:08:28 AM »

A sequel that looks like something some Brazilian kid could have put together with stuff made by other modders.

ahahahha, devine beauty :-*

But if seeings as it is an obvious improvement if it looks better, plays better and is moderately priced I dont care wether the previous title was half-baked and its not original in story line.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 10:09:59 AM by Aydin »

SaxonSwine

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2009, 03:25:13 PM »

Probably because the past 3 years has been nothing but fucking mediocre sequels and cunts cashing out on well established franchises. The only decent new games that have come out that are a brand new IP were Dead Space and Mirrors edge, the rest have either been sequels or the definition of 'meh' and Mirror's Edge and Deadspace weren't the best things created by man either.

Thats the bloody truth... I have to say I feel extremely ripped off with L4D.  I was expecting some full new campaigns, but all they did were throw out those shit survival maps which basically boil down to "camp and shoot", with one of the most most unsatisfying gameplay mechanics ever devised: PLAYERS ALWAYS DIE.

Whats the point in playing something where you always die?  "Oh look ma, I survived a minute longer than I did before"

Also the characters are so bloody generic, like they were all taken from a blaxploitation film and thrown into TF2 clothes.
And I know I can hardly talk about chainsaws, but serously do we need another game with chainsaws in?  As if L4D didn't already lack originality.

Fuck Valve and fuck Left 4 Dead.

Lt.JC

• Silencer
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Nostalgic-Games
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2009, 04:45:46 PM »

Why is everyone complaining about valve? Is L4D not developed by turtle rock studios (Counter strike deleted scenes)?

Just asking.  ???

Greer

• Allergic
  • Alien Grunt
  • Crazy porter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2009, 04:49:18 PM »

Time to pull out gameplay bashing hammers.
I watched some E3 gameplay videos, and im just disappointed.Badly.This is nothing more then addon turned into sequel.Waste of money.

Red Slug

• 12 Gauge
  • Gargantua
  • Short-range firepower
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2009, 04:55:47 PM »

Why is everyone complaining about valve? Is L4D not developed by turtle rock studios (Counter strike deleted scenes)?

Just asking.  ???

It first was a project developed by Turtle Rock, then Valve bought the whole studio.

Barnz

• French Fries
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2009, 05:38:40 PM »

ITT: Raged nerds.

So true.

It first was a project developed by Turtle Rock, then Valve bought the whole studio.

was co-developed by Valve
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4