HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Left For Dead 2 Announced  (Read 18331 times)

Кассир клерка

• Clerk of Cashiers
  • Gonarch
  • I can't believe in myself
    • View Profile
Re: Left For Dead 2 Announced
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2009, 06:43:53 PM »

So true.

was co-developed by Valve
It's got nothing to do with being an enraged nerd, the reason people have stuck with valve for so long is because they weren't like every other company that just spew out sequels every couple years(*COUGH* COD *COUGH*) and instead continue to update their games non-stop. L4D was the exception, instead of fixing the game they focused all their man power on making a sequel, weak as hell.

[DOG]

• A Brain Eating...
  • Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2009, 11:57:55 PM »

In game Beta videos from IGN
http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/14352245/left-4-dead-2/videos/l4d2_gmp_dockstart_052809.html 
More at the side.
Spas12 and Mac10 confirmed

Hot stuff ahead...
FIREAMMO INGAME

Serving up Death
FRYING PANED

Not so peaceful garden maze.
Thats the charger at the start

Tonight on cooking with smoker..
Brains?!?!?!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 12:09:32 AM by [DOG] »

KylerAdams

• A subtly invisible
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2009, 12:29:28 AM »

Ew @ clipping during the reloads.

Hm. Same exact anims as L4D, which adds loads of clipping.. lovely. *shrug* I know, still placeholders. might have been a nice touch to fix that. Or, at least, use a different character.

Aswell... silenced M10? Why not.. say... a MP5?

Frostbite

• Today I've molested a...
  • Gonarch
  • Can't shake this feeling.
    • View Profile
    • Frostbite
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009, 02:52:38 AM »

Hey Guize lets moan and complain about a game months away from development just because it has a bunch of place holding material and the fact it's a sequel to a game that came out a year earlier, and yet somehow not realizing that maybe a lot the new additions to the game is actually enough to warrant a sequel, especially since all the info hasn't been released yet?

Кассир клерка

• Clerk of Cashiers
  • Gonarch
  • I can't believe in myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2009, 03:11:52 AM »

Hey Guize lets moan and complain about a game months away from development just because it has a bunch of place holding material and the fact it's a sequel to a game that came out a year earlier, and yet somehow not realizing that maybe a lot the new additions to the game is actually enough to warrant a sequel, especially since all the info hasn't been released yet?

Are you dyslexic or blissfully ignorant? I'm saying the problem is they quite literally released the first game and started straight away on the sequel(Valve even stated that in the article on Kotaku(or whatever), they did this rather than actually supporting the original game and put zero effort into adding custom campaign support or even new campaigns in general, these were things they promised would happen soon after release.

Stop being a gay fucking fan boy and take note of actual genuine criticism

Greer

• Allergic
  • Alien Grunt
  • Crazy porter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2009, 03:29:58 AM »

All info is released.There is very little additions.I did NOT see melee weapons in gameplay video, all i seen "NEW" is models and new incendiary ammo.No action from A.I. Director 2.0 either so i just think valve is shitting us.

KylerAdams

• A subtly invisible
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 03:50:55 AM »

It looks like L4D with a gfx overhaul atm. At the moment, that is.

Like Jake said, maybe they've got omgwtfbbq epic ideas for it and they're simply hiding them for a later date.
Maybe they're simply going for a quick cashout on the L4D name by making some new models + maps for L4D.

Nige111

• Gonarch
  • Metal Gea.. I mean.. Shagohod?!
    • View Profile
    • Cake :D
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2009, 04:54:36 AM »

ew@ mismatching pistols.

ew@ 1 shot and suddenly they burst into flames

ohot@ the 1911/usp hybrid thingy.

Greer

• Allergic
  • Alien Grunt
  • Crazy porter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2009, 05:58:21 AM »

ew@ mismatching pistols.

ew@ 1 shot and suddenly they burst into flames

About mismatching pistols, what if they will code in so first shot is 45 caliber or w.e. USP/Colt is useing while second is 9mm(Glock)?

Nige111

• Gonarch
  • Metal Gea.. I mean.. Shagohod?!
    • View Profile
    • Cake :D
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2009, 06:28:27 AM »

They won't.

Red Slug

• 12 Gauge
  • Gargantua
  • Short-range firepower
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2009, 08:07:29 AM »

About mismatching pistols, what if they will code in so first shot is 45 caliber or w.e. USP/Colt is useing while second is 9mm(Glock)?

Pistols will probably still have unlimited ammo, so it doesn't make much sense.

KylerAdams

• A subtly invisible
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2009, 02:25:26 PM »

Looks like a SiG Sauer to me..

SaxonSwine

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2009, 03:16:18 PM »

maybe they've got omgwtfbbq epic ideas for it and they're simply hiding them for a later date.

Oh bullshit, this is Valve we're talking about!  They don't plan anything, they shamble along undirected.  Somehow from the mess of their development cycles they release one or two games - probably 80% of the work done at Valve never sees the light of day.

toadie

• Tango Two Kilo
  • Vice Champeen
  • Gonarch
  • I died a little inside...
    • View Profile
    • Toadie's Ranthole on the Interblag
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2009, 06:10:34 PM »

You know, Despite me thinking that it probably could have gone DLC instead of full retail package, I can SEE where the train of thought came from with L4D2...Something like

Valve guy 1>"Hey, we're done with Left 4 Dead... people seem to like it.. AWESOME!"
Valve Guy 2>"Yeah, UI think we hit gold here... Hey, you know what, let's give the fans a roadmap of Extra Downloadable content."
Valve guy 1>"Hells Yeah! Do we want t oadd more weapons or or a new campaign or..."
Valve Guy 2>"Nah, if we futz arround with the gameplay, people are gonna rage arder than that time we added the Riotshield,Galil and FAMAS to CS."
Valve guy 1>"Sooo.. new maps.. or a campaign..."
"Yeah."
Valve guy 1>"Well, it can't be just single maps, because.. you know.. L4D is campaign based.. you can't really just put out small chunks of a campaign."
Valve Guy 2>"And we can't jsut taken them places they've already been... and let's be honest, thats's a bit lazy"
Valve guy 1>"New locations then? That means a whole lot of new art and content... for jsut 1 campaign, that isn going to be pretty massive..."
Valve Guy 2>"Fucking massive... It'd be unfair to expect people to download that Off that bat if they bought it new..."
Valve guy 1>".. .so how about this, what we COULD do.... is do a whole lot of new campaigns on a new location, new characters, spice up the zombies a bit.. and wala! expansion pack!"
*gabe enters the room*
Gabe> "GUYS! you know you're pretty much got half a game concept up on the board there... you know, maybe you could roundtable with some of the coders, see if they could add some stuff to the list ,and we could put out a proper release... I mean hell, Blue shift was pretty much a standalone expansion and THAT did reasonably well,even with it's short playtime"
Valve guy 1> " Hell yeah! maybe we could get the AI director to play around with map pathing and stuff, maybe do some cool stuff to lower the chances of shiva cornering"
Valve guy 2> "and let's give it more guns! and MELEE WEAPONS!"
Gabe> "Sounds like a full game to me. Write me up some ideas for plot, a bit of a game mechanics changes document.. and we'll throw it around the table"

No seriously, that's how I think this came about. it was probably going ot be a small DLC, but then they realised that it'd be massive if they were to just give it away, so they wrapped it up and packaged it as a new game. Also, why are people so surprised or upset that it's only a year between sequals? I mean, they already HAVE the engine, they have DONE all the HARD bits of work with regards to the Director and working out the game mechanics... less than a year for new maps, with new assets, modded up existing weapons with new ones tacked on, and a few new tricks for the developer that I'm sure they were looking at before L4D1 was out the dor but wasn't polished enough.
12 months? EASY.

Jazz Hands

• H.I.T. Forums Mega Dancer
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2009, 08:33:55 PM »

Left 4 Dead 2: A big giant massive dick.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4