HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Black Ops Redux release!  (Read 5939 times)

Greer

• Allergic
  • Alien Grunt
  • Crazy porter
    • View Profile
Black Ops Redux release!
« on: July 12, 2009, 06:47:05 PM »

http://www.filefront.com/14025525/BlackOpsRedux.rar

Well, mine and Gi777's mod is finally here!Biggest thanks to of course Gi777 for all the great models and hacks, SysOp for the code and DiamonD for the sprites!

Have fun!:D

I hope you will enjoy this mod as much as we did:3

In case you have trouble loading game(client dll cant be loaded)download these and copy them in half life folder(where your mods are) http://www.filefront.com/14025819/Required%20dlls.rar
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 06:57:31 PM by Greer »

Nige111

• Gonarch
  • Metal Gea.. I mean.. Shagohod?!
    • View Profile
    • Cake :D
Re: Black Ops Redux release!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 07:51:53 PM »

Just wondering of any major changes since I last tried it? 3:

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • Gonarch
  • GE:S and Ballistic Weapons tester.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 09:36:32 PM »

You got any pictures?

Greer

• Allergic
  • Alien Grunt
  • Crazy porter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 05:04:07 AM »

Just wondering of any major changes since I last tried it? 3:

Not really, sorry.:x
You got any pictures?

http://www.moddb.com/mods/black-operations-mod-revamp there is few videos and pics =)

Darth Marsden

• Dark Lord of the Sith
  • Vortigaunt
  • Totally Radical, Dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 09:55:00 AM »

The best part of this mod are the new weapon models, especially the silenced pistol. Very impressive. The problems outweigh the improvements though.

- First of all, you have a physical body - look down and you can see your legs. This isn't automatically a problem, FEAR did it quite well, but the Half-Life engine doesn't really do this sort of thing very well. Plus, when you crouch there's clipping issues as you see through your legs. Hmm.
- Second, the shadows on characters look awful. The different sections of the characters overlap and create a very annoying distraction.
- Third, the damage system is all over the place. Making me die with three shots while enemies take three hundred? This isn't Splinter Cell.
- Fourth, the movement system feels like Okami all over again. You start off slow, build up momentum, hit something and then have to start off all slow again.
- Fifth, WTF? See picture. That's just awful.

[File not found]

Greer

• Allergic
  • Alien Grunt
  • Crazy porter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 10:16:49 AM »

The best part of this mod are the new weapon models, especially the silenced pistol. Very impressive. The problems outweigh the improvements though.

- First of all, you have a physical body - look down and you can see your legs. This isn't automatically a problem, FEAR did it quite well, but the Half-Life engine doesn't really do this sort of thing very well. Plus, when you crouch there's clipping issues as you see through your legs. Hmm.
- Second, the shadows on characters look awful. The different sections of the characters overlap and create a very annoying distraction.
- Third, the damage system is all over the place. Making me die with three shots while enemies take three hundred? This isn't Splinter Cell.
- Fourth, the movement system feels like Okami all over again. You start off slow, build up momentum, hit something and then have to start off all slow again.
- Fifth, WTF? See picture. That's just awful.

1)That can be turned off.See options.
2)Yea i know, thats why i wanted different renderer but it was too late so i released.
3)Damage..you know, when i tried on HARD i didnt find any trouble.Hgrunts are even weaker with this because basically you just need to get a headshot.
4)Well, yeah i know but its a little better then usual movement
5)Dang it.It just does not look right with chrome so we had to turn it offD: i assume i should of checked on that part.Sorry for that.
and little last comment, its all our own preferences in most of the time but i still assume it could of been tweaked.I wanted mod to be more "action-ish" so players wont just run through, they will have to get over all the troubles that appear on their way quickly or else BAM!They will lose speed which means most of the time death.Though you can ambush enemies which is most preferable sometimes.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 10:19:28 AM by Greer »

Darth Marsden

• Dark Lord of the Sith
  • Vortigaunt
  • Totally Radical, Dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 02:37:21 PM »

Ah. I didn't know you could turn some of the options off. I'll have to go investigating, see what I can tweak.

EDIT: Yeah, there's a bunch of advanced options to mess around with. As a result you can ignore the first few comments about shadows and player model, as you can turn both of them off. And I'm playing on normal, which may explain why I'm not convinced about enemy damage. But the comment about movement speed still applies - it just doesn't feel right.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 02:45:09 PM by Darth Marsden »

toadie

• Tango Two Kilo
  • Vice Champeen
  • Gonarch
  • I died a little inside...
    • View Profile
    • Toadie's Ranthole on the Interblag
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2009, 02:03:15 AM »

one thing I did notice is that there's no hammer on the pistol :O

Greer

• Allergic
  • Alien Grunt
  • Crazy porter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 05:17:54 AM »

one thing I did notice is that there's no hammer on the pistol :O
Yea but its soo black that its nearly impossible to noticeD:

Red Slug

• 12 Gauge
  • Gargantua
  • Short-range firepower
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 04:22:57 PM »

Overall a nice mod-mod. There are a few things, that were buggy and annoying, but I enjoyed the game. I'm wondering myself why you didn't use the real sniper, which was already in the code instead this sniper/crossbow-thing.

gi777

• headcrabz!!
  • Alien Grunt
  • headcrabz are cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2009, 04:52:54 PM »

Overall a nice mod-mod. There are a few things, that were buggy and annoying, but I enjoyed the game. I'm wondering myself why you didn't use the real sniper, which was already in the code instead this sniper/crossbow-thing.
That might get changed in the next update.