HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Heart of Evil Napalm Edition released!  (Read 12169 times)

SaxonSwine

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
Re: Heart of Evil Napalm Edition released!
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2009, 08:35:12 AM »

I don't think anything other than the models + a couple maps got finished, so it was cut.

The original HL2 section wasn't fun, so right from the beginning of mapping it was cut and a new section added.  Development on that map stopped when we realized that to make that section good we would have to do the work of TWO mods, ie make new models, NPCs etc.  That would be nuts.

I've saved the map I did, and will use it for later project work.

@ Darth Marsden.  NO.  HOE never made any sense and that whole cell section was just frustrating.  Obviously a puzzle about cocks is much more fun than wandering around that stupid maze with Barneys head :P

Nige111

• Gonarch
  • Metal Gea.. I mean.. Shagohod?!
    • View Profile
    • Cake :D
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2009, 09:01:13 AM »

The "HL2" hands are hot though.

Darth Marsden

• Dark Lord of the Sith
  • Vortigaunt
  • Totally Radical, Dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2009, 03:33:00 PM »

Yeah, I saw the models. Shame they weren't used, they looked brilliant. I may end up using the USP in normal Half-Life.

Napoleon

• The Fallen Angel's
  • Alien Grunt
  • We are all humans, there are no gods among us.
    • View Profile
    • National Half-Life League
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2009, 09:40:42 AM »

Amazing news. I wish I could stay at home a few more days just to enjoy playing it... But I have to go fr my exams. (It's the end of the semester and 2 exams left, from 7).
11/10

From what I saw during the short time I used to play the mod... It's awesome. I love the new models. The mapping is extremely good. (I can't find words to explain what I'm thinking now).

That's the best mod ever released for HL1 engine. BTW: At some point I got the feeling that I'm playing source mod... :D
(I can't imagine what this mod would look like in source engine). Once again extremely good job.
And please keep to amaze us with releases like this one.

SaxonSwine

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2009, 05:20:02 PM »

Thanks Napoleon!

@ the other guys - yeah the HL2 hands work pretty well.  I should finish up the fake citizens I made and release them for modders :3

us3rnam3

• Why look, anoth3r
  • Vortigaunt
  • Too many 3s in m3h s3nt3nc3s
    • View Profile
    • "Tak3 a look at this, gordon!"
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2009, 07:31:37 AM »

Well, I was quite mad, but saxon has a quote of it if you still want to see my original post.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 09:16:01 AM by us3rnam3 »

Aydin

• The full metal alchemist
  • DoC Development Team
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2009, 08:22:44 AM »

A bit harsh there, but you are kinda right, the girl was fine so was barney.
But seriously the end part of the game was choppy, of course im sures tehres a good reason but you left out zombie barney, half--life 2, exploring kurts compound, and scenes like the cage one and sutff.

A graphical improovement yes.
but alot of the humour was terrible, as also the characters didnt feel very authentic anymore.
Dress wise they did. kudos to the zombie, idea, that was sick fun running from zombies looking for explosives.
dropping them then placing claymores on there chests.

the bad evens out with the good making it kinda mediocre

Darth Marsden

• Dark Lord of the Sith
  • Vortigaunt
  • Totally Radical, Dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2009, 09:00:10 AM »

They cut out the Zombie Barney/HL2 section because apparently it wasn't working very well. Bleh.

I too am not a fan of the new voices, but after the opening section, you don't hear them very often, so I find it's forgiveable.

SaxonSwine

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2009, 05:09:23 PM »

There ya go mates. A mod ruined by nerds.
For fuck sake, WHY DID YOU PUT IN A GIRL? THAT'S JUST GEEKY!!!
And why is barney so fucking inpolite with the shower thing?
Bloody hell, why are the zombies now only able to be killed by bombs?
Absolutely shameful, the alamo is fullbright!

This whole mod is a joke.
Cold Blood too.

I'd like to hear some geniune criticisms thanks.

Depicting women is geeky?  Grow some balls and get over it.
By the way, do you have any idea how unpolite your post is?  Barney just says the player needs to take a shower.  Pot and Kettle.

@ Aydin - I'll be honest, after Chapter C the dev team lost interest in the mod.  Once we got to Episode D we were only interested in finishing the mod - so if people like the mod up to Chapter C then I'm happy :P

As for the voice acting guys... it's supposed to be bad!  That is the joke - not the cheesy lines the characters spout.
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned "Whats up my Tigger?" though :P

us3rnam3

• Why look, anoth3r
  • Vortigaunt
  • Too many 3s in m3h s3nt3nc3s
    • View Profile
    • "Tak3 a look at this, gordon!"
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2009, 08:43:05 AM »

She's an officer who was only designed to be glanced at. Why not give her a proper purpose? Another officer? She should be someone with meaning instead of someone only thrown in to be glanced at! That's what I find to be extremely geeky.

Ahh screw it.  I was angry that day but that's no excuse. Sorry guys, and Saxon it's still not any better than my angry post to tell someone to grow a pair.

Though on the bright side, I quite like the remade weapons. And I guess zombies that get back up are kind of cool, but not good if your out of explosives. I guess the mod is fine, but I thought there was going to be cooperative and that missing feature set my brain into motion. The models are fine, except for the girl who could be made into a real officer instead of her current job.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 09:19:49 AM by us3rnam3 »

Aydin

• The full metal alchemist
  • DoC Development Team
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2009, 02:48:42 PM »

I'd like to hear some geniune criticisms thanks.

Depicting women is geeky?  Grow some balls and get over it.
By the way, do you have any idea how unpolite your post is?  Barney just says the player needs to take a shower.  Pot and Kettle.

@ Aydin - I'll be honest, after Chapter C the dev team lost interest in the mod.  Once we got to Episode D we were only interested in finishing the mod - so if people like the mod up to Chapter C then I'm happy :P

As for the voice acting guys... it's supposed to be bad!  That is the joke - not the cheesy lines the characters spout.
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned "Whats up my Tigger?" though :P

Fair enough man :P, you's shoulda asked around for some whatchamacall it, err inspiration, or some extra help. but yeah its is moddable, and theres always chance for a redux redux. I did love alot of it, I think Converting everything to that orange box port would be fucking awesome, using better lighting, and bump mapping shit too, but you dont want to re-invent the re-invented I guess/.

SaxonSwine

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2009, 07:46:16 PM »

An orange box port would be good - if not better should the porting team take the time to improve Episodes D, E and F.  Not only that, but the higher res textures which were originally used for models could be applied (damned HL1 limits >:[ ) and LOD models could improve general frame rates.

I did look for extra mappers, but no ones interested in mapping for HL1 anymore (those few who do are tied up with their own mods anyway).

So yeah, I'll say here and now: if you're interested in porting the mod to Source get in touch, we might be able to arrange something.
Pages: 1 2 [3]