HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Fallout3]Broken steel addon trouble  (Read 4125 times)

Greer

• Allergic
  • Alien Grunt
  • Crazy porter
    • View Profile
[Fallout3]Broken steel addon trouble
« on: July 05, 2009, 06:07:09 PM »

Well, basically.How do i start it?I tried EVERYTHING.I looked everywhere and im confused.On main addon info it says that i continue as character past project "Purity" events, while on "how to start" addon(in FAQ on official site) is to get to quest "Take it back" and finish it and wait for radio beacon to appear.So, how do i REALLY start Broken Steel?

KylerAdams

• A subtly invisible
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
Re: [Fallout3]Broken steel addon trouble
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 06:17:59 PM »

Did you finish the main game first?

Greer

• Allergic
  • Alien Grunt
  • Crazy porter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 06:25:24 PM »

Did you finish the main game first?
Yyep.I got the purifier launched, movies and then credits.Thats all.Nothing that ws "planned' by developers happening.Maybe its cause i blew up Enclave base?

:EDIT:Okay, can someone just explain how it works?Like, after movies it asks if i want to continue, or it just forces me to start from the point where Broken Steel starts?Because on end of movies, instead of credits, i suddenly get windows error about "memory can not be "read""
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 06:41:35 PM by Greer »

Кассир клерка

• Clerk of Cashiers
  • Gonarch
  • I can't believe in myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 06:52:10 PM »

Yyep.I got the purifier launched, movies and then credits.Thats all.Nothing that ws "planned' by developers happening.Maybe its cause i blew up Enclave base?

:EDIT:Okay, can someone just explain how it works?Like, after movies it asks if i want to continue, or it just forces me to start from the point where Broken Steel starts?Because on end of movies, instead of credits, i suddenly get windows error about "memory can not be "read""
Did you kill yourself in the ending? That might be it(hasn't tried broken steel)

KylerAdams

• A subtly invisible
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 06:56:02 PM »

Did you kill yourself in the ending? That might be it(hasn't tried broken steel)

Ohhh yeah, that might be it. Redo the ending. You should get a third option, to send one of your companions instead.

Not that I'd know, I haven't played FO3 period.

HorroR

• Lurker Extraordinaire
  • Houndeye
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 07:53:30 PM »

Something's definitely wrong there. It should start up immediately after the ending scene from what I know, with it only being affected if you let the purifier explode. With what I've heard from the bugs concerning the FO3 DLC, I wouldn't be surprised if it was one. Well, I searched the Beth forums and this might solve your problem. http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1009035 . Not sure if that's your problem, but I'm assuming that's what it is.

Lurid

• I wonder where...my fish has gone?
  • Cookie Mastah!
  • Gonarch
  • oh?
    • View Profile
    • With Friends Like These
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 10:46:28 PM »

You can sacrifice youself and it should still start, atleast it worked for me.

Barnz

• French Fries
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 11:09:10 PM »

Yep. You just need to activate Broken Steel from launcher.

Greer

• Allergic
  • Alien Grunt
  • Crazy porter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 05:32:50 AM »

Something's definitely wrong there. It should start up immediately after the ending scene from what I know, with it only being affected if you let the purifier explode. With what I've heard from the bugs concerning the FO3 DLC, I wouldn't be surprised if it was one. Well, I searched the Beth forums and this might solve your problem. http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1009035 . Not sure if that's your problem, but I'm assuming that's what it is.

Basically, it DID launch, i got  message about level cap getting to 30.

Tried everything sadly.

Well.I might try to get more info later and try to start a new game.Maybe that helps..
:EDIT:Kaayyy..this thing does not work now.Without addons-it gives me just credits in end.No matter what.
:2EDIT:Point Lookout is causing this.So anyone with it-just remove it for the end and you will be able to restore guns either way.Okay.You gotta turn off every addon and plugin except two.Broken Steel and operation anchorage.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 07:06:21 AM by Greer »

Кассир клерка

• Clerk of Cashiers
  • Gonarch
  • I can't believe in myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 04:42:51 AM »

Basically, it DID launch, i got  message about level cap getting to 30.

Tried everything sadly.

Well.I might try to get more info later and try to start a new game.Maybe that helps..
:EDIT:Kaayyy..this thing does not work now.Without addons-it gives me just credits in end.No matter what.
:2EDIT:Point Lookout is causing this.So anyone with it-just remove it for the end and you will be able to restore guns either way.Okay.You gotta turn off every addon and plugin except two.Broken Steel and operation anchorage.
I had a problem with early DLC not working because I wasn't patched, try that maybe?

Greer

• Allergic
  • Alien Grunt
  • Crazy porter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 09:56:56 AM »

I had a problem with early DLC not working because I wasn't patched, try that maybe?

Yea it was old problem that i seen on some forums so i had 1.5 patch installed since i got F3 downloaded, i fixed Broken Steel anyway so this can be locked i think.