HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need help on Test Chamber  (Read 2355 times)

23-down

• Snark
    • View Profile
Need help on Test Chamber
« on: July 12, 2009, 11:21:42 PM »

Hi people I'm currently working on a good old Op4 mod.

So far I succeeded in creating 3 maps.

But now I reached a point of stagnation. My problem is that I want to create some kind of a machine in a Test chamber (like in Original Half-Life) but I have absolutely no idea what I could or should create + the fact that complicated things are still very difficult for me to build. I started with mapping for hl1 4 weeks ago and I still need to learn many things. Thank god are there enough tutorials out there. So I'm not completely alone.  :D

Below I show you screenshots of my test chamber WIP. Maybe you have some Ideas what I could build or maybe you want to help me with a creation by your own. Help in that matter would be really appreciated.  :) So far I thought about the same things Gordon had to do in the Original.. Pressing a button maybe pushing something into the beam. On the other hand I find it really boring if i would build a teleportation experiment again the end result will be of course the same = A resonance cascade.  ???

Looking forward for your Ideas or maybe even your own creations which I can put into my mod. You will get of course credits for it.

By the way: Here you can find more informations about my mod + in game screenshots of the sections that are more or less done all ready except the fine tuning.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/hl-opposing-force-firestorm

Greetings 23-down  :)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 11:24:08 PM by 23-down »

Barnz

• French Fries
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
Re: Need help on Test Chamber
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 11:54:16 PM »

first of all, there's already a mod called firestorm. second of all, you need to learn basics before releasing a mod (that's now how people to do corners, but whatever) - there's a similar version of test chamber in hl's sdk,  think it it was in a map called env_beam.rmf or something

23-down

• Snark
    • View Profile
Re: Need help on Test Chamber
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 10:52:07 AM »

Hi thanks for your answer.

first of all, there's already a mod called firestorm.

Really ? I checked with google and haven't found anything. Is this mod allready available?
Never heard of another Firestorm mod. Do you have link for it maybe?

Is it this mod maybe? http://firestormmod.com/?p=home It's for Half-Life2 so I don't see the problem. But you're right I change the name as soon as find a good one.

second of all, you need to learn basics before releasing a mod.

Don't worry I wont release the mod. It's far very far of beeing finished. So far I studied many tutorials allready so I should know some of the common basics allready.  ;) What's wrong with my corners feel free to give me some hints. :)

there's a similar version of test chamber in hl's sdk,  think it it was in a map called env_beam.rmf or something.

thanks I will check it out.

Greetings 23-down