HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: My computer goes black  (Read 2812 times)

Jazz Hands

• H.I.T. Forums Mega Dancer
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
My computer goes black
« on: July 22, 2009, 07:24:35 AM »

Yo guys I need BIG help. I'm somewhat experienced with computers and all but cannot get past this problem and it's pissing me off. So last evening I logoff after going to bed and I wake up and go on it and try and shake my mouse a little to y'know refresh the screen but it wouldn't show up. Me thinking it would just be a small minor bug, I reboot it by clicking the little button to usually boot it up. I notice that does not help the situation. I start in safe mode and try and look up some answers but can't seem to find the right search and I'm too agitated because I'm pissed this is happening. The only thing I do notice though is that I have Vista and everyone else who has been experience my problem has this piece of crap Vista too. I have been frustrated with the computer all day. It shows that little windows icon (for you Vista users, you'll know the startup shindig) and then just goes black not even allowing me to enter my password. I have noticed that my monitors input setting is on analog usually and that when it is on analog doing this process of blackness, if I do change the input setting to digital (If you're wondering how i change it I change it with my monitor buttons) I can see my cursor but the screen is still black. If anyone has experienced with this problem or knows how to fix it please tell me. Thanks for the help.

Nige111

• Gonarch
  • Metal Gea.. I mean.. Shagohod?!
    • View Profile
    • Cake :D
Re: My computer goes black
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 09:03:29 AM »

I've heard of this happening, you SHOULD just be able to hit tab, then enter and type in your password, hit enter again and everything should appear.

This is just a workaround, not a fix, mind.

Jazz Hands

• H.I.T. Forums Mega Dancer
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2009, 03:10:40 AM »

I didn't read this in time :( I will never know if it would work or not. Thanks for the tip but I have already sent it to some company my dad knows. Thanks for the advice though.

alcina

• Headcrab
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 06:16:07 AM »

It's probably a bit late, but I would say it's something to do with your graphics card. I've had this problem before on my old PC. The way I fixed it was first, checking that the cables were secure at the back of the monitor, and second, opening up the computer and making sure the Graphics card was plugged in properly. Because sometimes the graphics card can come loose, especially if you accidentally knock the box, and it does cause the monitor to seem as though its been put permanently in stand-by mode.

waqwarrior

• prettier than the average
  • Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 11:15:14 AM »

Unplug anything connected with a USB cable.

Flowers Of Naivety

• DIE DIE DIE
  • Gonarch
  • kikikimamama
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 03:34:00 PM »

Once you go black... You never go back!