HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: A Very UN-Official Release  (Read 42377 times)

Shotgunguy

• HL:S Enhanced, Facepunch Edition
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
Re: A Very UN-Official Release
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2009, 08:40:43 PM »

You two have a very different idea for what you're modding and as far as I know you were never part of the HL:S:HD team. Now unless either one of you got permission and the files that had been accumulated up to v2 of HL:S:HD from Barnz or KylerAdams, I don't think you can go around this forum and proclaim domain.
Which is not to say you can't make what HL:S:HD set out to achieve but don't go around here parading about stuff and making self proclaimed announcements(http://hl-improvement.com/forums/hlshd/if-you-don't-do-i-do!/).

I know I was never a part of the team. That doesn't mean I can't port models over to source for a similar project.
I never said anything about getting recognition around here.

@Shotgunguy

:o i cant believe you DONT know what alpha's are..and i thought you were a decent compiler..
*facepalm*
Alpha is bit on texture of normal map that with certain shaders can show either reflection, or light, like Phong or refmaps.
So if you want help in that bit, im free to help.Enough explanation?

I already know how to texture.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 08:49:02 PM by Shotgunguy »

Markovsky

• TOO COOL 4 THA INTARNETS
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2009, 08:53:18 PM »

I know I was never a part of the team. That doesn't mean I can't port models over to source for a similar project.
I never said anything about getting recognition around here.

You're the most sensat person I ever seen. I'm always and totally with you in everything you need. Count on me, man. ;)

KylerAdams

• A subtly invisible
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2009, 09:15:43 PM »

You two have a very different idea for what you're modding and as far as I know you were never part of the HL:S:HD team. Now unless either one of you got permission and the files that had been accumulated up to v2 of HL:S:HD from Barnz or KylerAdams, I don't think you can go around this forum and proclaim domain.

/confused expression

I see myself mentioned, and I'm not sure exactly what you're saying, nor whether or not it was good. Either way, to make this 100% clear, I am in no way, shape or form involved with HLSHD. I don't even own (or want) HLS, and don't have any idea how I'd go about porting anything to Src in general.

Markovsky

• Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2009, 09:20:58 PM »

/confused expression

I see myself mentioned, and I'm not sure exactly what you're saying, nor whether or not it was good. Either way, to make this 100% clear, I am in no way, shape or form involved with HLSHD. I don't even own (or want) HLS, and don't have any idea how I'd go about porting anything to Src in general.

Hey, forget about it. Forget about the post you quoted.
Ok, so, you don't want to work in this project. Anyway, thanks for saying.
But I don't understand. I SIMPLY DON'T UNDERSTAND.
Why always the people prefer the GoldSrc engine, instead of the Source engine? WHY?
To be honest, I don't see any vantage in use GoldSrc. Tell me vantages in use GoldSrc.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2009, 09:26:12 PM by Markovsky »

highvelocityraptor

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2009, 09:34:19 PM »

My computer runs a maximum of 40 FPS on 640 x 480 x 32 in Sven Co-op (if anyone still plays that.) It may be vantage that GoldSrc plays fine on slower computer.
I do not want to know how fast it runs on Source.

KylerAdams

• A subtly invisible
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2009, 09:35:37 PM »

Honestly, from a developer standpoint?

Nothing. It's by all means an inferior engine compared to Source. Source has all sorts of new effects coded in, a physics system, higher texture limits and various other things.

HL is simply nostalgic. It's not 'better', it's simply... what we've played. HL is in general an graphically "ugly" game, and it just feels better playing HL with low definition gfx. Or, relatively LD compared to top of the line CSS models, anyways. And sure, HLS -can- look prettier than HL. But since nobody really owns or plays it, and those that own and want to improve it don't really have the required experience to improve it.

It's like trying to add the new effects Src adds to Gold Source - far too much work for far too little payoff.

Just wait for BMS to come out or play with LD graphics, imo.

Markovsky

• Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2009, 10:47:26 PM »

Honestly, from a developer standpoint?

Nothing. It's by all means an inferior engine compared to Source. Source has all sorts of new effects coded in, a physics system, higher texture limits and various other things.

HL is simply nostalgic. It's not 'better', it's simply... what we've played. HL is in general an graphically "ugly" game, and it just feels better playing HL with low definition gfx. Or, relatively LD compared to top of the line CSS models, anyways. And sure, HLS -can- look prettier than HL. But since nobody really owns or plays it, and those that own and want to improve it don't really have the required experience to improve it.

It's like trying to add the new effects Src adds to Gold Source - far too much work for far too little payoff.

Just wait for BMS to come out or play with LD graphics, imo.

highvelocityraptor, you must have a veeeeeery slow computer... :D
KylerAdams, theres one wrong thing in your reply.
"HLS looks prettier than HL" now yes, is correct.
And why people don't buy HLS?

highvelocityraptor

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2009, 10:51:49 PM »

Actually, that's a good question. If HLS had as many mods as HL1 people would buy it. Unfortunately HLS alone uses 10 year old models, textures, and sound HL1 did, which sounds like an easy effort to make money off the name Half-Life. But who's going to improve HLS? If they won't, who will?

Markovsky

• Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2009, 10:56:45 PM »

Actually, that's a good question. If HLS had as many mods as HL1 people would buy it. Unfortunately HLS alone uses 10 year old models, textures, and sound HL1 did, which sounds like an easy effort to make money off the name Half-Life. But who's going to improve HLS? If they won't, who will?

Maybe me and ShotgunGuy??  ;)http://

KylerAdams

• A subtly invisible
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2009, 12:26:59 AM »

"HLS looks prettier than HL" now yes, is correct.

HLS default is just HL's default models with advanced lighting or something, right?

And why people don't buy HLS?

It's an extra 10$ for Half-Life with physics and better lighting. What's the point in getting that?

Markovsky

• Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2009, 12:36:10 AM »

HLS default is just HL's default models with advanced lighting or something, right?

It's an extra 10$ for Half-Life with physics and better lighting. What's the point in getting that?

1- And what's HL? A game that has a engine from 1998?
2- In that aspect, you win.

KylerAdams

• A subtly invisible
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2009, 01:07:18 AM »

1- And what's HL? A game that has a engine from 1998?

Yes.... it does have an engine from 1998. Because it's a game from 1998. HLS uses the Source 04 engine, I believe. Newer, yes, with capacity to be so much better, but... when you get down to it, it's Half-Life with better lightning and physics.

Shotgunguy

• HL:S Enhanced, Facepunch Edition
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2009, 02:00:21 AM »

Yes.... it does have an engine from 1998. Because it's a game from 1998. HLS uses the Source 04 engine, I believe. Newer, yes, with capacity to be so much better, but... when you get down to it, it's Half-Life with better lightning and physics.

I really do wish HL:S used the Orange Box engine, lack of phong shaders is killing me.
Also the fact there are no envmaps in the maps.  >:(

There would be much more mods for HL:S if VALVe released a HL:S SDK.

Greer

• Allergic
  • Alien Grunt
  • Crazy porter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2009, 03:20:10 AM »

If you really did, why questioning what is "Alpha's"?Eh?Doesnt seem to match so please stop lieing.Its even worse when person tries to.

I really do wish HL:S used the Orange Box engine, lack of phong shaders is killing me.
Also the fact there are no envmaps in the maps.  >:(

There would be much more mods for HL:S if VALVe released a HL:S SDK.
OB engine doesnt give alot.What i seen on some of its models..not pretty.But EP1 engine would be far better.

Also, HL:S is essentialy HL1 port, so all you gotta make someone port it to EP1 at least, and you got all shaders.BUT i doubt someone will do all that crap.So you guys are pretty much hitting the thing here.HL:S is useless, if you want prettier game-get HL:FX demo OR try HL:R.HL:R is a decent mod by me and modding it would do much better job since it has released source code.
So, if you really wanna do something-map for HL:S.All i can say.Or try to map for it.Since its HL1 with options of hl2.That is all.i could do some work of my own on HL:S but..it would be useless crap.All.It would be far easier to mod HL1 to look pretty(look at Arrangement forums), then mod HL:S.Ye heer me?HL1 can have a damned bumpmaps module, vertex shading of models and all that kinda stuff.

Markovsky

• Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2009, 08:05:30 AM »

If you really did, why questioning what is "Alpha's"?Eh?Doesnt seem to match so please stop lieing.Its even worse when person tries to.
OB engine doesnt give alot.What i seen on some of its models..not pretty.But EP1 engine would be far better.

Also, HL:S is essentialy HL1 port, so all you gotta make someone port it to EP1 at least, and you got all shaders.BUT i doubt someone will do all that crap.So you guys are pretty much hitting the thing here.HL:S is useless, if you want prettier game-get HL:FX demo OR try HL:R.HL:R is a decent mod by me and modding it would do much better job since it has released source code.
So, if you really wanna do something-map for HL:S.All i can say.Or try to map for it.Since its HL1 with options of hl2.That is all.i could do some work of my own on HL:S but..it would be useless crap.All.It would be far easier to mod HL1 to look pretty(look at Arrangement forums), then mod HL:S.Ye heer me?HL1 can have a damned bumpmaps module, vertex shading of models and all that kinda stuff.

So, what I discover is that Modders and Players have diferrent opinions.
The players thinks HLS is better cuz have better graphics.
The Developers think HL1 is better because is a lot easier to modify.
But wait a moment: since the source code of the HL1 has been relezsed, if we convert it to Source, we have the Source code of HLS!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6