HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Goldsrc Mod, Half Life: Marks Project. Need Assistance!  (Read 3426 times)

JohnnyBoy

• Snark
    • View Profile
Goldsrc Mod, Half Life: Marks Project. Need Assistance!
« on: October 05, 2009, 08:48:22 PM »

Your name is David Harrington. You work in Black Mesa Research Facility as a technical worker(you fix things ?, lol).
It's your second day at work(Black Mesa), so Black Mesa Personel still doesn't recognise you. Anyway,
There is a system crash down at the Test Chamber, and as you did a great fix the first day, they've called you.
You get to Test Chamber, you fix the problem and now they will give you a HEV Suit as they see you're careful man so you could have a look in the Test Chamber.
Although you see the incident and all and now they're calling you to get to the surface as soon as you can. When you get to the surface you must get Kenny Smith and get him away from black mesa...... Ok. I talked a lil' much, im making a request, this is a project. I'm a mapper. I need for assistance!:

- Modeller
- Texture Creator
- Voice Recorder(Sequences)

If you think you can make one of these, send me an e-mail at korn_davis(at)live.com or just reply here so we could talk with pms or.... just let me know.

Thank You.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:51:09 PM by JohnnyBoy »

waqwarrior

• prettier than the average
  • Gargantua
    • View Profile
Re: Goldsrc Mod, Half Life: Marks Project. Need Assistance!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 01:36:53 AM »

How about some media?

Asd.

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 03:10:57 AM »

Untill that Kenny guy part , the game sounds like regular Half-Life.
You know, you grab a HEV suit, you go to the test chamber, you are in the middle of the chaos and then you go to surface.
Also, why would a "technical worker" have to get someone away from BS?

blackiris

• Black Iris
  • Houndeye
  • Black Iris
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 10:05:05 AM »

Untill that Kenny guy part , the game sounds like regular Half-Life.
You know, you grab a HEV suit, you go to the test chamber, you are in the middle of the chaos and then you go to surface.
Also, why would a "technical worker" have to get someone away from BS?

I agree with Asd.
Besides who the character is, and Kenny, this sounds like a Half-Life clone. There's nothing wrong with setting the game in the Half-Life universe but try to think of something a little more original. There's a large amount of Half-Life mods out there, most of them centered around the Black Mesa incident where you play from the point of view of other characters, and after so many it's really hard to find one that sticks out because they all seem to follow the same sort of story - Their entire substance comes directly from the original Half-Life. So your a technition worker, cool. I can only think of one or two other mods out there which follow the story of a technician caught in the Black Mesa incident. Just like the numourouse amounts of mods out there which tell the story of a trapped marine, scientist or security gaurd. The last thing your going to want to do is keep a story line so similar to Half-Lifes, in fact your going to want to think up a story that none of the other mods out there havn't already.

I would suggest really sitting down and try to develop the story a little more, give it life, give it originality and use your imagination. Do this, and your mod will stand out from the rest. Some screenshots of some of your mapping work would also probably get people more interested.

Anyway, good luck with the mod. Hope it all goes well. 

Greer

• Allergic
  • Alien Grunt
  • Crazy porter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 10:18:51 AM »

I agree with Asd.
Besides who the character is, and Kenny, this sounds like a Half-Life clone. There's nothing wrong with setting the game in the Half-Life universe but try to think of something a little more original. There's a large amount of Half-Life mods out there, most of them centered around the Black Mesa incident where you play from the point of view of other characters, and after so many it's really hard to find one that sticks out because they all seem to follow the same sort of story - Their entire substance comes directly from the original Half-Life. So your a technition worker, cool. I can only think of one or two other mods out there which follow the story of a technician caught in the Black Mesa incident. Just like the numourouse amounts of mods out there which tell the story of a trapped marine, scientist or security gaurd. The last thing your going to want to do is keep a story line so similar to Half-Lifes, in fact your going to want to think up a story that none of the other mods out there havn't already.

I would suggest really sitting down and try to develop the story a little more, give it life, give it originality and use your imagination. Do this, and your mod will stand out from the rest. Some screenshots of some of your mapping work would also probably get people more interested.

Anyway, good luck with the mod. Hope it all goes well. 

I even have example of one mod,Poke646, about BM incident, but again, after awhile.