HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: add entities and triggerentities to vanilla HL  (Read 10537 times)

waqwarrior

• prettier than the average
  • Gargantua
    • View Profile
Re: add entities and triggerentities to vanilla HL
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2009, 12:52:39 AM »

Copying the *.sc files over wont make the weapons work. Those files are really just blank files, left over from an unfinished feature Valve had planned. The code for the weapons is in the server and client dll files

offtopic: Did valve ever state what that feature was?

you should ask sysop from moddb, he did shocktrooper and other racex guys for his own mod - also released his source code on some forum

Thanks. I'll talk to him.

...sounds like you're trying to build something i'd hate

Heh, I'm going to -try- to add on to HL with maps, Race X, and some OpFor weapons. Just trying to connect the expansions to the original.

Lt.JC

• Silencer
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
    • Nostalgic-Games
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2009, 01:01:03 PM »

AFAIK the unfinished feature with the .sc files was something like a script file for weapons like they have done in HL2. But I'm not 100% sure.

KylerAdams

• A subtly invisible
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2009, 03:26:41 PM »

Heh, I'm going to -try- to add on to HL with maps, Race X, and some OpFor weapons. Just trying to connect the expansions to the original.

M249, M40 and Desert Eagle would make sense, considering they're relatively common weapons. Logically, that is. Ingame, they'd just make their HL counterparts useless. (crossbow + 357) Displacer + the alien weapons wouldn't, considering they're prototypes + Shephard went through the prototype labs they were in, not Calhoun or Freeman.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 03:34:46 PM by KylerAdams »

waqwarrior

• prettier than the average
  • Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2009, 12:46:00 AM »

M249, M40 and Desert Eagle would make sense, considering they're relatively common weapons. Logically, that is. Ingame, they'd just make their HL counterparts useless. (crossbow + 357) Displacer + the alien weapons wouldn't, considering they're prototypes + Shephard went through the prototype labs they were in, not Calhoun or Freeman.

actually my only plans are to include the Shock Trooper, Pit Drone, and Shock Roach. :P Maybe voltigore.
Wouldn't want an unbalanced arsenal that ruins what made HL fun in the first place, right?

And believe me, I want to retain that classic HL feel. I've probably played through vanilla HL 20 times since getting it as a Christmas present last year. The expansions not as much. OpFor always crashes on me, and BS needs major improvements. Decay, well... I liked it, but I would have enjoyed it more if I could've quicksaved and had another player.
Pages: 1 2 [3]