HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: What are the best RPG games in Xbox 360?  (Read 9072 times)

sammypetter

• Snark
    • View Profile
What are the best RPG games in Xbox 360?
« on: January 11, 2010, 09:43:47 AM »

I have a hard time finding for the best RPG games in Xbox 360 as i did not want to waste my money on games that are not very enticing.As far as i have researched, the reviews from other websites are that Elder scrolls IV : Oblivion was the best. I thought of Fable 2 was also the best game. So what is your choice?

waqwarrior

• prettier than the average
  • Gargantua
    • View Profile
Re: What are the best RPG games in Xbox 360?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 11:37:29 AM »

I've heard Borderlands was good :D but that's more like an action RPG, same with Brutal Legend.

Abyss 25

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 12:23:36 PM »

Mass Effect is pretty friggin' sweet.

bloodsurfer

• The zxeno prophet
  • Gargantua
  • Coding furiously
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 01:41:40 PM »

Actually it depend how much you know about RPG, Oblivion is clearly a good game, but it's damn hard for a noob, the gameplay is clearly focused on RPG element only. If you are kinda new to RPGs I guess a action/rpg game like Boderlands, Brutal Legend or Fable is a good way to introduce yourself to RPGs

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • Gonarch
  • GE:S and Ballistic Weapons tester.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 05:08:33 PM »

I'm currently enjoying both Fallout 3 and Dragon Age on the Xbox. Both of them are good RPGs.

Fallout 3 has guns too, which is a big plus. :P

Barnz

• French Fries
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 05:58:05 PM »

Fallout 3 is not a good RPG, but it's a fun game.

Nige111

• Gonarch
  • Metal Gea.. I mean.. Shagohod?!
    • View Profile
    • Cake :D
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 07:11:41 PM »

FO3 would be a lot more fun if it's gameplay consisted of more than just "spam vats, win fights".

And was on a better engine.

KylerAdams

• A subtly invisible
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 08:40:12 PM »

FO3 would be a lot more fun if it's gameplay consisted of more than just "spam vats, win fights".

I used VATS.... twice? Maybe?

I played it like a FPRPG anyways, alot like Borderlands.

Nige111

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 07:58:00 AM »

It needs an actual accuracy system, rather than a cone of fire that's bigger or smaller depending on your weapon skill.

Greer

• Allergic
  • Alien Grunt
  • Crazy porter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 01:13:05 PM »

It needs an actual accuracy system, rather than a cone of fire that's bigger or smaller depending on your weapon skill.

Nige, its classic styled.
In F2-1 it always relied on skills:P

Кассир клерка

• Clerk of Cashiers
  • Gonarch
  • I can't believe in myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 01:19:26 PM »

FO3 is the worst RPG made ever, there's not a single part of that game thats redeemable. It's like oblivion, boring combat, poor dialogue and story, boring environment. Get a PC if you want to play any RPG as they play better on a PC anyway.

Also lol at dragon age for 360, jesus. if you're getting dragon age get it for pc.

Nige111

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 05:07:10 PM »

Nige, its classic styled.
In F2-1 it always relied on skills:P

You can't even pull that excuse out after what they actually did to it to make it what it is now.

KylerAdams

• A subtly invisible
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 10:36:12 PM »

Yeah, true. I didn't really care that much, about half the time I just said "fuck this" and pulled out a stunstick or tire iron.

FO3 is the worst RPG made ever, there's not a single part of that game thats redeemable. It's like oblivion, boring combat, poor dialogue and story, boring environment. Get a PC if you want to play any RPG as they play better on a PC anyway.

And a game that doesn't bork itself for no reason (If you've got all the addons, one addon will break the whole game because they're both modding some item and Failout* doesn't like that). I stopped playing when it started CTDing whenever I tried to leave Rivet City during "You Gotta Shoot 'Em In The Head". Even had the Unofficial patch for it.

I suppose it was a bit of fun the first time, exploring a huge world + things. But then I got to the end of the game in Adams AFB + I had to steal a set of Enclave power armor to survive. (Wore Combat Armor once I got it, I like being able to go sneak sneak rather than CLANK CLANK)

But yeah, I played it on the PC. So glad I didn't pay a cent for it.

(*I refuse to use it's official name. I even edited the Steam shortcut to Failout 3 a couple days in. )

Кассир клерка

• Clerk of Cashiers
  • Gonarch
  • I can't believe in myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2010, 02:06:42 AM »

Yeah, true. I didn't really care that much, about half the time I just said "fuck this" and pulled out a stunstick or tire iron.

And a game that doesn't bork itself for no reason (If you've got all the addons, one addon will break the whole game because they're both modding some item and Failout* doesn't like that). I stopped playing when it started CTDing whenever I tried to leave Rivet City during "You Gotta Shoot 'Em In The Head". Even had the Unofficial patch for it.

I suppose it was a bit of fun the first time, exploring a huge world + things. But then I got to the end of the game in Adams AFB + I had to steal a set of Enclave power armor to survive. (Wore Combat Armor once I got it, I like being able to go sneak sneak rather than CLANK CLANK)

But yeah, I played it on the PC. So glad I didn't pay a cent for it.

(*I refuse to use it's official name. I even edited the Steam shortcut to Failout 3 a couple days in. )
I bought the fucking collectors edition as I had hoped that Bethesda had learned from Oblivion and looked to morrowind in how to create interesting worlds but I was sadly mistaken.

New Vegas might turn out to be good because of Obsidian. The Game Byro engine will always be a piece of shit but atleast Obsidian will be able to make it an interesting well written piece of shit.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • Gonarch
  • GE:S and Ballistic Weapons tester.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2010, 05:57:13 AM »

Also lol at dragon age for 360, jesus. if you're getting dragon age get it for pc.
You must have some pretty high standards man. I'm ejoying it a lot.

Anyway, the TV that the 360 is attached has a large screen and big speakers, switching over to a PC would be detrimental to enjoyability/immersion/couch availability/etc.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 06:01:39 AM by Sergeant Kelly »
Pages: [1] 2