HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Flashlight  (Read 10885 times)

sheridanm962

• TOO COOL 4 THA INTARNETS
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Flashlight
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2010, 09:51:45 AM »

You are taking it far too seriously. If your parents wont buy you a computer upgrade, get a part time job and earn the money to buy it yourself.

but that would only mean part time. And that would mean I would spend more time doing that and less time on my computer, FUCK THAT! I don't see why people are always saying this it's like they don't have a heart and only a small. well, really small amount of people give a shit. You don't know how hard it is to be me, I hate living like I do, because the people I live with always don't care about me half the time and spend more time being drunk, drug fucked. or any other random weird psycho bullshit that pops in there pathetic little brains. Fucking hell, no one knows about me i'm about to turn 15 expecting a new upgrade for my computer which is in the holidays (wooT!) but no I can't get an upgrade because everyone will tell me exactly what to get all the fucking time >:'( 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
    • HL-Improvement
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2010, 09:56:49 AM »

So everyone should have to work to buy their computers, and you should get it given to you? Or perhaps you think game developers should make their games work on outdated machines?

bloodsurfer

• The zxeno prophet
  • Gargantua
  • Coding furiously
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2010, 10:12:47 AM »

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a dinosaur!

but that would only mean part time. And that would mean I would spend more time doing that and less time on my computer, FUCK THAT! I don't see why people are always saying this it's like they don't have a heart and only a small. well, really small amount of people give a shit. You don't know how hard it is to be me, I hate living like I do, because the people I live with always don't care about me half the time and spend more time being drunk, drug fucked. or any other random weird psycho bullshit that pops in there pathetic little brains. Fucking hell, no one knows about me i'm about to turn 15 expecting a new upgrade for my computer which is in the holidays (wooT!) but no I can't get an upgrade because everyone will tell me exactly what to get all the fucking time >:'( 

It's an emo dinosaur, my bad
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 10:14:31 AM by bloodsurfer »

highvelocityraptor

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 10:41:13 AM »

Wait a minute, I recognize those lights. It's specular lighting I think, and it requires quite a good computer to use as witnessed on HL2.
Even if you were to get a super ugly version of it to work on HL1 it probably wouldn't work on your computer because of how laggy it will become.
Sure, the real flashlight works but I'm guessing on your computer your FPS will drop so much it's like looking at a slideshow of pictures moving once every 3 seconds. So yeah, there's no way you can get lighting like that on an Intel 82845G while keeping a good FPS.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
    • HL-Improvement
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 10:44:36 AM »

If you want to complain about anything on the forum, you should talk to the guy in charge. You can find him in here and his name is sphere-o-fear

KevinLancaster

• Hooray! I'm a
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 06:18:36 PM »

Doesn't Paranoia have better flashlight effects?

sheridanm962

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 06:21:23 PM »

Doesn't Paranoia have better flashlight effects?

I don't fucking know I'll try it @_@

sheridanm962

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 06:40:36 PM »

Live chat wont work or boot up @_@

sheridanm962

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 06:41:54 PM »

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD XD XD <-- 5 stars for the... no wait thats youtube :(

Matt

• Administrator
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
    • HL-Improvement
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2010, 06:42:15 PM »

Make sure you have java installed

bloodsurfer

• The zxeno prophet
  • Gargantua
  • Coding furiously
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 10:38:04 PM »

If can't run HL:S properly, running java would probably be an endless pit of pain and misery

sheridanm962

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2010, 03:29:28 AM »

If can't run HL:S properly, running java would probably be an endless pit of pain and misery

Why would I need java?

bloodsurfer

• The zxeno prophet
  • Gargantua
  • Coding furiously
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2010, 09:26:27 AM »

Why would I need java?
Read kid, read and use your brain if Matt say

It's probably because you need java in order to run the chat

KylerAdams

• A subtly invisible
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2010, 08:55:19 PM »

You don't know how hard it is to be me, I hate living like I do

Oh, I don't know how you live, do I?

I'm a special level of poor; neither of my parents have a steady job. I get free lunch from my school. Only the poorest of the poor get that.

I barely have any money - I get 20$ a month from my grandparents, and that usually goes to pay for my cell bill. the only money I get is from nicking/trading/borrowing it from a friend. Most of the stuff I've bought my GF, I had to borrow money from either her, my parents or one of my friends.

Yes, that's right. I've borrowed money from my girlfriend to buy her stuff.

I don't know how hard it is to be you, huh.

I'm graduating from high school and turning 18 in less than 2 months - 60 days. And I'm nowhere near prepared for what's coming. The realization that you're turning legal, and if you screw something up, or hit the wrong person, or sleep with the wrong girl, you can get into SERIOUS trouble.

You think it's hard being you? Try being me. Cheer up ya lil shit, you've got 4 years.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
    • HL-Improvement
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2010, 09:05:26 PM »

His life probably isnt even that bad. He probably thinks it is because his parents wont buy him a computer upgrade. Yeah, I went through that too when i was his age, but i didnt whine about it, I didnt go on about how my life sucked because of it. I just made do with what I had, which just happened to be a computer that could barely run Half-Life.

Instead of whining, I saved up, got my own computer with the specs I wanted.
Pages: 1 [2] 3