HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dead Stand Mod Team  (Read 12856 times)

DarkComics

• Houndeye
    • View Profile
Dead Stand Mod Team
« on: April 07, 2010, 10:12:37 PM »

Dead Stand is a Op4 Complete Modification, in a singleplayer mod Gameplay

Story
: You're name, April Jackson, you are part of united states official counter-terrorist team, you're mission was said to be classified, you are heading toward Area 29, a bio chemical base far in Alaska, the military as choosen you for you're major skills in combat, you and 10 other soldiers will be send there with a choppers. When arrived..you come face to face with anexpected guest's, they aren't humans!

Ideas:

In this mod, all monsters will have different faces, there will be males and females of all kinds and both race( white and black people) and skinny people, muscled and fat. Also instead of you having armor you will have a batterie symbol that drops down when u use your flashlight too much and you willl need to pickup batteries around in the levels to use your flashlight, and your flashlight will be a separate weapon models like in the mod Office. You will be able to go out of the facilitie at any time, but beware of Siberian Zombie Dogs, they can be dangerous :P and watch out for the dark snow storm, you might freeze too death.

Monster Models:

-Male_Soldier (In Progress)
-Female_Soldier (In Progress)
-Male_Security (In Progress)
-Female_Security
-Male_Scientist
-Female_Scientist
-Male_Zombie_Soldier (In Progress)
-Female_Zombie_Soldier (In Progress)
-Male_Zombie_Security
-Female_Zombie_Security
-Male_Zombie_Scientist
-Female_Zombie_Scientist
-Male_Crawler
-Female_Crawler
-Husky_Zombie (In Progress)
-Siberian_Osprey

Weapons Models:

-Crowbar (of course haha)
-Knife
-Flashlight
-9mm Handgun
-Mp5
-M4a1
-Shotgun
-Hand Grenade

In Need:

*Modelers
*Texture artists
*Animators
*Coders
*Concept artists
*Sound technicians
*Female & Male Voice actors
*Mappers

Current Staff
:

*DarkComics (Mapper, Coder, Texture artist, Sound Technician, Modeler, Animator)
*Tag (Mapper, Coder)
*highvelocityraptor ( Sound Technician)
*waqwarrior (Huds & Sprites)
*fX8 (animating assistant)

Alright, listen up, i know you might say that this is way to early for me to make a mod, but i have always dreamed and wish that i could make games later on in my futur and i really need to practice by making my own mod and i am asking you all, if some of you with good talent could really help me out, i want a chance to prove that i can make something good out of this mod, i don't want to pressure anyone into helping me, but i really need some help for this, i will give 110% of me for this, you can't go far if you don't try so i really need you guys to give me a chance. Thanks you and please reply

UPDATES:

Animating skills doing great progress and map codding going swell :D

[File not found]
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 12:00:03 AM by DarkComics »

waqwarrior

• prettier than the average
  • Gargantua
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Stand Mod Team
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 10:41:16 PM »

I'd love to help but I'm practically useless to you.

highvelocityraptor

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 11:04:19 PM »

Only thing I probably do is edit some sounds. I got this VST that can play sounds in high Hz so it sounds a bit like a radio, and low Hz so it sounds like something in another room. And a bunch of other VSTs.

DarkComics

• Houndeye
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 11:42:29 PM »

both of you can help with no problem, im gonna use your huds that u made for the OP4 HD pack and if u can make blood decal or more huds and what are your experience, can you texture waqwarrior? and highvelocityraptor that be great for u to help with sounds, il give all the info once the team is filled it, then will be able to start work ;)

what we really need now is someone that can animate well and that can rig before we start off

waqwarrior

• Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 01:21:28 AM »

If you can find someone who can rig I recommend toadie's animations, they haven't disappointed me yet.
There's a bloodspray sprite in DD's SD Pack, have you seen it? I could remake if you want. Also I'll be updating the HUD a bit to smooth out any problems, alignment, etc...
I've never tried texturing, I can do minor edits, not much. I'm trying to learn. Are you talking map or model textures? I could probably do better with map textures.

DarkComics

• Houndeye
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 01:33:34 AM »

If you can find someone who can rig I recommend toadie's animations, they haven't disappointed me yet.
There's a bloodspray sprite in DD's SD Pack, have you seen it? I could remake if you want. Also I'll be updating the HUD a bit to smooth out any problems, alignment, etc...
I've never tried texturing, I can do minor edits, not much. I'm trying to learn. Are you talking map or model textures? I could probably do better with map textures.

Could you contact toadie, if he would like to help mout and also for the bloodspray i need a real gory bloodspray so sure u can remake one :) dark blood, needs to look realistic and for texturing yea i was talking about map :P we need realistic terrains, not crappy old originals. I need Winter like grounds, everything need to be winter theme
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 01:42:05 AM by DarkComics »

waqwarrior

• Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 02:27:56 AM »

toadie's usually not much for doing work on new / barely started mods...if a good rigger posts here, try them. I'm trying to learn rigging myself, I could help on that aspect someday...
I'll try to make a good bloodspray soon, I'll keep ya posted. As for map textures, I don't know what I'll be able to do atm.

highvelocityraptor

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 02:31:27 AM »

Well, while the search for a team is on wait, maybe think of a strong plot and general idea in the meantime? Toadie posted some tips on making mods in that one thread about the guy with the website.

waqwarrior

• Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 02:41:18 AM »

Quote from: toadie
You need 3 things to do a mod or standalone game.. or ..shit.. any project.
- A goal :
You want an end product, and you have to have that goal crystallised in your mind. Usually when modding, this means at least an idea of what you want to change in the game, and some sort idea of how to go about it.
- A means to achieve that goal :
This means either you already know how to do these changes, or are willing to learn how to do it youself. I'm not joking, You really do need to be able to to do a good percentage of the work yourself, or show determination to learn youself, because ultimately you're the only one that's pulling your mod along. Always work with the assumption that having extra people helping you is a bonus, not a requirement.
Just having some skill and determination to learn is going to get you what you want either way.

- determination to finish that goal :
Finish what you start. Godamn always. People talk about that "hump" of mod development that usually kills mod teams, they're not joking. First year or so sets the mice from the men and if you aren't absolutely determined to finish what you start, you are not going to get past the 9 months mark.

^ I take it this is what you are referring to?

About the camo texture: Nice, it's LD style, but it looks a little...too white, it needs to be more cluttered as far as the different shades go to look like believable camouflage.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 05:12:20 AM by waqwarrior »

DarkComics

• Houndeye
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2010, 04:21:33 AM »

Im already working on the textures for the male_soldier, got some pics up

*Updated* Got a husky prototype done, i remodelled him and textured him toke me a while xD! was kinda hard, im still not satisfied with the texture quality and i need to make him zombifield, im gonna add a Fur effect on him

[File not found]
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 10:19:18 PM by DarkComics »

DarkComics

• Houndeye
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 03:31:41 AM »

Updated: Got a female soldier prototype here, i still need to change the face completly and i some how have a hard time rigging the mouth loll anyone welling to do it for me reply me

[File not found]

bloodsurfer

• The zxeno prophet
  • Gargantua
  • Coding furiously
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 10:23:35 AM »

Updated: Got a female soldier prototype here, i still need to change the face completly and i some how have a hard time rigging the mouth loll anyone welling to do it for me reply me
I'm gonna say that again, but her boobs would be flattened by the armor see:
http://newsblaze.com/pix/2006/0401/pix/female-soldier.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/04/28/article-0-04B5E062000005DC-117_468x491.jpg
http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/01/26/female_soldier_wideweb__430x287.jpg
http://www.topnews.in/files/US-Female-Soldier.jpg

An armor doesn't bend because of huge tities

waqwarrior

• Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 02:39:48 PM »

If it's strong enough to stop bullets, it sure isn't going to bend for something so soft ;P

DarkComics

• Houndeye
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 05:45:05 PM »

waqwarrior

• Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 05:54:03 PM »

Who doesn't?