HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need Help at Centering original Valve Weaponmodels in Goldscr.  (Read 1530 times)

srbo

• Snark
    • View Profile

Hi, me and a Guy are working atm. on a Serverside Mod for HLDM, our Goal is it to make a Reunion between HLDM and Adrenaline Gamer MOD. Normally iam a Mapper, but iam so much fascinated from HL that i started to play little bit with some Models on Milskshape.
My goal is it to Center the HL Models like in in Quakeworld or Deatmatch Classic , also i want to change some Animation and make the models smaller. Atm. i have realy Problems to make an exact Center. As i said iam new, but i learn very fast. I managed to get the models centered by deleting the whole Joints, Bones whatever and by edit the $origin in .qc file. But thats not satisfying for me, because editing the $origin doesnt make for me the Model 100% Centered and also i miss the animations.
I hope any of you can help me :).

Srbo
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 01:35:03 AM by srbo »

srbo

• Snark
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help at Centering original Valve Weaponmodels in Goldscr.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 04:52:11 PM »

By the way. Is there a Way to make the weapon Models real Transparent? I tested it with additive command from HLMV, but i realy dont like it, because it change the color through different lights and i cant set the rate of transparency.

Captain B.O

• Headcrab
    • View Profile
Re: Need Help at Centering original Valve Weaponmodels in Goldscr.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 06:16:18 PM »

In what way are the models not centered? Like they are pointing to one side, or the animations show the sides of the guns?

Also about transparency, unfortunately additive is fixed the way it is, with white being fully opaque and black being fully transparent. You can have masked transparent textures, where one colour is invisible and the rest are normal, like you see with things like fences in Half-Life. To do this you need the last colour of the texture's pallet to be in the background (I'm not sure if it has to be pure blue or not, make it blue just to be sure) then check the "transparent" flag in Jed's HLMV and save the model.