HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I'm not dead, honestly!  (Read 5081 times)

Ambient.Impact

• Administrator
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
    • Ambient.Impact.Design
I'm not dead, honestly!
« on: August 16, 2010, 06:48:49 PM »

Hey everyone. I've been pretty busy for the last while, working on a website for a client in my spare time. Between that, working a dead-end job most days, and trying to have some semblance of a social life (so I don't go insane), I haven't had any time to work on any HIT stuff lately. That should change towards the end of September, though. I haven't even had time to play much of anything, as you can tell from my Steam profile (no, I won't add you, nothing personal). So, yeah.

waqwarrior

• prettier than the average
  • Gargantua
    • View Profile
Re: I'm not dead, honestly!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 08:22:53 PM »

On behalf of everyone: Oh hey.

Hm, an idea for HIT: When you're on someone's profile, you should be able to see the topics they've created (like what's been done with a given user's posts). It would make it easier to track models/skins down. And if we have anyone needs to cyber-stalk someone it'd be really great ;)

Ambient.Impact

• Administrator
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
    • Ambient.Impact.Design
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 09:22:55 PM »

Matt and I have toyed with the idea of completely overhauling the forums at one point. I'm sure we could work that feature in, depending on what software we decide upon. Not going to happen too soon, though.

waqwarrior

• prettier than the average
  • Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 11:04:06 PM »

If there's anything working with GoldSrc has taught me, it's patience.

I can wait.

Just take your time and do it right! Good luck to yas.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • Gonarch
  • GE:S and Ballistic Weapons tester.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 11:53:19 PM »

Nice to know you guys are still around. Still looking forward to whatever the HIT team releases. :)

bloodsurfer

• The zxeno prophet
  • Gargantua
  • Coding furiously
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 11:58:30 PM »

Meh as long as you poke around here time to time I'm more than happy

Comrade Tiki

• Gonarch
  • Sweeter than success is vindication.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 09:30:21 AM »

So, yeah.

Have you been stalking me and reading my posts elsewhere?

I have some more history on a forum which specializes in Half-Life and Source-engine customizations (hl-improvement), but it has been rather quiet there since 2008.
(source)

And so soon after, you make a post proclaiming your vitality and brave plans for the future!?! :P

Anyway, glad to hear it! Take your time making that dough, because I doubt efforts here will be able pay off as much IRL. (Also, I don't think the forums need much of an overhaul. They work, don't they?)

Ambient.Impact

• Administrator
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
    • Ambient.Impact.Design
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 07:10:58 PM »

Have you been stalking me and reading my posts elsewhere?
(source)
Haha, looks like I should start.

Anyway, glad to hear it! Take your time making that dough, because I doubt efforts here will be able pay off as much IRL. (Also, I don't think the forums need much of an overhaul. They work, don't they?)
I'm constantly finding myself in quiet moments where I start brainstorming ideas with this and that to do with a weapon or character out of Half-Life, or a new feature for HL:E. It's definitely still very much on my mind, but like you say, my efforts are needed elsewhere at the moment. Still, I'll be coming back with new stuff at some point. Perhaps a certain hand-held particle accelerator?

Well, like I said, the forums are not a priority, but the forum software that we're using (Simple Machines) is quite ugly under the hood, and I don't see myself porting the site theme over to it, mostly because of that. And I would generally like to simplify the forum display in a number of ways.