HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Call Of Duty Black Ops  (Read 6796 times)

D3ads

• No one fucks with the
  • Gonarch
  • Awesome
    • View Profile
Call Of Duty Black Ops
« on: November 09, 2010, 04:49:19 PM »

Apparently just in case you hadn't heard.. this is out today!!!! I've watched half of the SP campaign.. it's waaaay better than MW2. Multiplayer.. obviously can't comment on that bit. Discuss.

Red Slug

• 12 Gauge
  • Gargantua
  • Short-range firepower
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 07:47:39 PM »

Yeah, I'd appreciate a few reviews to decide if it's really worth to maneuver around the load of restrictions here in Germany...

Кассир клерка

• Clerk of Cashiers
  • Gonarch
  • I can't believe in myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 02:55:16 AM »

im not touching this not even with a long stick. it took activision less than a year to shit this out so it just means its more of the same game they've been releasing over the past few years

i don't want to support assembly line development that activision seems to love, especially when its watered down shooters like this.

waqwarrior

• prettier than the average
  • Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 03:03:42 AM »

Sweaty 12 year olds get too obsessed with CoD, and that's stopped me from even touching MW1, which I'm considering doing; MW2 not as much. Black Ops sounds frighteningly linear. I was talking to my brother (who always compare CoD to Half-Life; he thinks HL is dumb because you don't use iron sights.) ...every time I get something decent to criticize about it he shoves it off and starts raving about how the new game uses currency instead of levelling up. Eh.

Flowers Of Naivety

• DIE DIE DIE
  • Gonarch
  • kikikimamama
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 03:47:14 AM »

I'm stealing it at the moment. I'll never pay for a COD game (past the first.)

Кассир клерка

• Clerk of Cashiers
  • Gonarch
  • I can't believe in myself
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 04:14:46 AM »

Sweaty 12 year olds get too obsessed with CoD, and that's stopped me from even touching MW1, which I'm considering doing; MW2 not as much. Black Ops sounds frighteningly linear. I was talking to my brother (who always compare CoD to Half-Life; he thinks HL is dumb because you don't use iron sights.) ...every time I get something decent to criticize about it he shoves it off and starts raving about how the new game uses currency instead of levelling up. Eh.
because grinding is actually a fun gameplay mechanic and isn't something that's simply used by marketing to increase the longevity of the game because 14 year olds like shiny things

gameplay wise cod has nothing new that CS didn't have a decade ago. anybody who thinks it does is a fucking idiot and can't see past gimmicks. CS with a sprint button, a dedicated melee button and a bunch of stupid 'power up'-esque crap all in jam packed into a level and server size that's smaller than every other MP fps over the last two decades

D3ads

• No one fucks with the
  • Gonarch
  • Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2010, 02:18:08 PM »

Yeah, I'd appreciate a few reviews to decide if it's really worth to maneuver around the load of restrictions here in Germany...

Good luck with that..

http://gamerant.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-banned-germany-censored-pen-49626/

• A scene where an enemy is shot in slow motion with copious amounts of gore has been toned down for the German release.
• A torture scene involving a prisoner has been completely eliminated from the German version.
• The song “Sympathy for the Devil”, made famous by the Rolling Stones, has been removed.
• No explosions that lead to limb loss.
• Removal of what Germany deems ‘anti-constitutional symbols’.

Point three is especially lol..

Daza: I know what you mean, I wish I hadn't bought MW2 but I got sucked into the hype hole with that one. Black Ops actually is a really good SP game from what I've seen... it's still the same linear squad based action with loads of first person scenes but if this is the last game in the series with the same formula.. it at least ends on a high.

COD1 was excellent, COD2 was more of the same but better than the first imho.. COD3 was console only gayness, MW1 was actually really well executed.. pity that they fucked it up with the sequel.

I could name many better FPS's than COD though including Metro 2033.. which is getting a sequel in case you didn't know!

Barnz

• French Fries
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2010, 02:36:12 PM »

COD1 was okay. it had its moments. moh was always better, until they raped the series.

Red Slug

• 12 Gauge
  • Gargantua
  • Short-range firepower
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2010, 06:51:31 PM »

Good luck with that..

http://gamerant.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-banned-germany-censored-pen-49626/

Jep, Steam refuses to register a PEGI version (which also is way cheaper BTW) of the game in Germany and Amazon.co.uk even abort all shipments across the channel, so...

I'm stealing it at the moment...

ruM

• Talented, but Lazy.
  • Gargantua
  • "SHOOOOOSH!".
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 02:04:57 PM »

Well, being a converted console player (thanks to my old broken down PC for that) I can honestly say my opinion of Black Ops is vastly different from the majority here.  ;D

Jazz Hands

• H.I.T. Forums Mega Dancer
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 02:25:42 PM »

On topic, I got Modern Warfare 2 last year because of the all hype that surrounded it (it was my first CoD game I've ever played, but I am familiar with the franchise). I actually liked it for the first month, but then I just came to my senses and realized what a bunch of crap the game really is in terms of gameplay and community. Black Ops is no different, they take some ideas from Halo and the game style of Counter-Strike. I actually tried arguing with a friend of mine who got the game and he wouldn't accept the fact that, other than a change of setting, the gameplay is almost exact to last year.

Red Slug

• 12 Gauge
  • Gargantua
  • Short-range firepower
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 03:48:51 PM »

I should have waited for a few more weeks until the performance's been fixed.

D3ads

• No one fucks with the
  • Gonarch
  • Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 04:39:09 PM »

Steam should have fixed the performance issues with the auto-update now, that's what I heard. I might pick this up tomorrow, haven't bought a new PC game in ages.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • Gonarch
  • GE:S and Ballistic Weapons tester.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 06:21:25 PM »

I bought the game for the console and have been enjoying it. It's fun.

kevichaapel

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2010, 08:37:45 AM »

That's not to say that there aren't mistakes to be found within Black Ops, but I think Call of Duty fans are going to be happy with Treyarch's latest effort. The experience of playing the game, thanks to the modified World At War engine, is comparable to the best in what the franchise has had to offer up until now.Although it's not quite the time-travelling psychedelic drug orgy some were expecting, there are several well-handled plot twists that make Modern Warfare's narrative battering ram look even more brutish and incoherent.
Pages: [1] 2