HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: As a member who went awol for the past 5 years...  (Read 2264 times)

Xenogen

• Snark
  • Die you son of a bitch!
    • View Profile
As a member who went awol for the past 5 years...
« on: June 24, 2011, 01:34:49 PM »

Wow, not a lot has changed since back when I was anticipating a release of Half Life: Enhanced. I almost practically forgot about this forum and spending so many nights looking forward to all the models, textures and other stuff to come.

I remember back in the day seeing ragdolls being put into HL; Translucent Eye goggles on the soldier models; High definition models and a whole lot more being put into one of the oldest 3D game engines known to man.

This must've been a painstaking process, especially with all the extra programming involved so I must show my appreciation and say thanks to all those that helped contribute to making my teen years a lot more bearable to cope with.  :P

Modifications have been one of the most exciting aspects of PC gaming for me - Especially compared to the likes of console gaming, where you're not in control of what you have and modifications have to be bought in the form of DLC or Expansions.

Sadly, I feel PC gaming is coming to this downward spiral where all these major companies cash in on everything they can just to make a few million bucks here and there by selling the rest of the game content in the form of DLC. LAN play is out of the question these days too, with all the kerfuffle about piracy. Mod development tools always come at a price and the amount of games you can get these tools for is staggering. Just too much content has been cut out of games that have come out in the past 3 or 4 years and they've gotten a helluva lot easier for the masses!

Does anybody still visit these forums (or other mod forums like this) regularly enough to think about giving up on new games and sticking with what we currently have?

I know I've made my choice.

P.S. I used to have another username back 6 or 7 years ago: 101 sniper JP (or 101_sniper_JP) just to see if anyone remembers.

mathew!

• Dark sites mod team leader
  • DoC Development Team
  • Houndeye
    • View Profile
    • My blog place
Re: As a member who went awol for the past 5 years...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 10:14:54 PM »

My self i never gave up on modding, i still have work to be doen for l4d2 and CS:S inbetween other projects..

I am still alive though.. *portal 1 ending song*