HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Survive In Catacombs SD/HD Stuffs  (Read 8331 times)

ZikShadow

• Vortigaunt
  • Still Alive
    • View Profile
Survive In Catacombs SD/HD Stuffs
« on: July 11, 2011, 03:31:10 AM »

Hi, does anyone have some SD or HD models, sprites, ETC for Survive In Catacombs mod, both 1 & 2, please.

Darth Marsden

• Dark Lord of the Sith
  • Vortigaunt
  • Totally Radical, Dude.
    • View Profile
Re: Survive In Catacombs SD/HD Stuffs
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 09:04:58 AM »

Bear with me, I'll have a look and see what I can come up with.

EDIT: Ok, I've had a look at the models contained in the first Survive in Catacombs. Most of the models are pretty unique and it'd be hard to replace them, but there are about two different types of Barney I can replace, as well as three different Scientists. There's a fourth Scientist, but he's got some unique animations that mean he can't be replaced without physically adding the new animations to the replacement model, and that's more work then I'm willing to put into this.

As for SiC2... there's a lot of repeated models. A total of 8 'different' scientist models, but there's only two actual models that are just named a variety of things. Utterly hopeless.

Give me a couple more minutes and I'll see what the rest of the forum has to offer in regards to replacing them.

EDIT2: Ok, here we go.

Scientists

These are all from boss429's collection of Plaid Scientists.
Thread's here.

Barneys

There's a couple of these, so bear with me.

First, we've got Adrian the Security Guard, which is from this thread.
Next, there's Frank, from this thread.
Finally we have the US Air Force Security Forces, which is from this thread here (check the bottom of the thread for the one I used).

Anyway. The files. All three Barney replacements are in the one file called, funnily enough, Barneys. The Scientists are all in individual rars, and since there's seven of them in total, I'll need to double post. I think I should be OK though, it's for a legitimate reason.

Extract all the rars from this first post into Survive in Catacombs 1's models directory, and all 8 rars into Survive in Catacombs 2's. Enjoy.

[File not found]
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 09:52:21 AM by Darth Marsden »

ZikShadow

• Vortigaunt
  • Still Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 09:47:39 AM »

Bear with me, I'll have a look and see what I can come up with.

EDIT: Ok, I've had a look at the models contained in the first Survive in Catacombs. Most of the models are pretty unique and it'd be hard to replace them, but there are about two different types of Barney I can replace, as well as three different Scientists. There's a fourth Scientist, but he's got some unique animations that mean he can't be replaced without physically adding the new animations to the replacement model, and that's more work then I'm willing to put into this.

As for SiC2... there's a lot of repeated models. A total of 8 'different' scientist models, but there's only two actual models that are just named a variety of things. Utterly hopeless.

Give me a couple more minutes and I'll see what the rest of the forum has to offer in regards to replacing them.

Thanks, i only find Red's SIC stuffs, but it's just a couple of weapons, and i don't really like the hands.

Darth Marsden

• Dark Lord of the Sith
  • Vortigaunt
  • Totally Radical, Dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 10:02:56 AM »

Hey, guess what? I miscounted. Gonna need to triple-post. Oh well.

[File not found]

Darth Marsden

• Dark Lord of the Sith
  • Vortigaunt
  • Totally Radical, Dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 10:10:10 AM »

I want you to appreciate just how tedious this was. I had to rename 8 different scientist models, but for some reason each model was split into 16 different files. Thank god for copy-paste or I'd have given up long ago.

[File not found]

ZikShadow

• Vortigaunt
  • Still Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 10:51:58 AM »

There's no HD weapons, but thanks on the Civilian models.

Darth Marsden

• Dark Lord of the Sith
  • Vortigaunt
  • Totally Radical, Dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 11:29:37 AM »

Oh, you wanted weapons? Why? The default ones are fine. The only one I can think that really needs replacing is the knife.

ZikShadow

• Vortigaunt
  • Still Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2011, 03:10:57 AM »

The reload animations of the weapons, they're just putting down then up, it's just like goldeneye, i kinda don't really like it, and the hands, i preferred barney hands with scientist sleeves, then the brown hands, but i do think the weapon model is HD enough.

Darth Marsden

• Dark Lord of the Sith
  • Vortigaunt
  • Totally Radical, Dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2011, 04:37:05 PM »

Well if you really want, I can have a look and see what I can turn up. Maybe retexture a few sleeves... I've gotten pretty good at that. It'll have to wait though, I'm in the middle of the Star Wars drinking game (Episode 2 is a killer - they utter the phrase Master Jedi more than once, and that's a double swig right there!). I'll get on this once I sober up sometime next week.

D3ads

• No one fucks with the
  • Gonarch
  • Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 12:33:51 AM »

Does anyone know if there's still a third SIC episode being made? I quite enjoyed the first two, kinda like a Czech They Hunger...

Darth Marsden

• Dark Lord of the Sith
  • Vortigaunt
  • Totally Radical, Dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 08:57:48 AM »

Far as I'm aware, they only made two. Kinda like 'Tales of a Mercenary' for MotS. Bah!

Anyway. I'm looking at the weapon models, and the 9mmar replacement has no grenade animation, while the crossbow only has about 5 different animations at all, which means a straight find-replace job is pretty much out for those two, unless I can be arsed to get back into editing animations (which isn't too far out of the real of possibility - I seem to be finding more and more models that need editing to satisfy my Half-Life GoCD). Don't count on that happening any time soon though.

I can still do something about the others if you really want me to - I think I can get the shotgun from Heart of Evil: Napalm, for example - but that'd mean replacing the hand/sleeve textures and I'd rather get you to say "Yes please!" before I do that, juts to make sure you still want them and all.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:00:48 AM by Darth Marsden »

ZikShadow

• Vortigaunt
  • Still Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 09:49:35 AM »

Far as I'm aware, they only made two. Kinda like 'Tales of a Mercenary' for MotS. Bah!

Anyway. I'm looking at the weapon models, and the 9mmar replacement has no grenade animation, while the crossbow only has about 5 different animations at all, which means a straight find-replace job is pretty much out for those two, unless I can be arsed to get back into editing animations (which isn't too far out of the real of possibility - I seem to be finding more and more models that need editing to satisfy my Half-Life GoCD). Don't count on that happening any time soon though.

I can still do something about the others if you really want me to - I think I can get the shotgun from Heart of Evil: Napalm, for example - but that'd mean replacing the hand/sleeve textures and I'd rather get you to say "Yes please!" before I do that, juts to make sure you still want them and all.

I think it would be nice if the shotgun just be LD like then to edit HOE : NE's Remington that would be quite hard.

Darth Marsden

• Dark Lord of the Sith
  • Vortigaunt
  • Totally Radical, Dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 11:48:52 AM »

Actually, it'd just be a matter of replacing the hand/sleeve textures. I could probably do it in 5 minutes or so.

Y'know what? Sod it. I'm doing it. Bear with me a couple minutes.

EDIT: There ya go. The animations are exactly the same (just differently named), so unless there's some glitch in the coding, this should work fine in-game. All credits to the original model maker - IE: the HoE: Napalm team.

[File not found]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 11:58:15 AM by Darth Marsden »

ZikShadow

• Vortigaunt
  • Still Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 12:33:12 PM »

Thanks, now, to change the 9mms, crossbow, and the grenade.

Darth Marsden

• Dark Lord of the Sith
  • Vortigaunt
  • Totally Radical, Dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 02:31:15 PM »

There's nothing particularly wrong with the grenades, and I've already mentioned the 9mmar and crossbow. I'll look into the handgun for you.

EDIT: Ok, here's the only handgun I particularly like. If you look at it in Model Viewer, it's pretty obvious there's a retextured glove on the hand, but the animation's so cool you won't notice it in game (hopefully). Original thread. Just the 357 and Knife to go!

EDIT2: 357 model up. Original model.

EDIT3: And there's your knife replacement. Had to go to FPSBanana to find it. So that should be everything, right?

EDIT4: 357 model up down. I just tried it in game, and it does not look good. Weird, looked fine in model viewer. Oh well.

[File not found]
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:31:57 PM by Darth Marsden »
Pages: [1] 2 3