HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Survive In Catacombs SD/HD Stuffs  (Read 8334 times)

ZikShadow

• Vortigaunt
  • Still Alive
    • View Profile
Re: Survive In Catacombs SD/HD Stuffs
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 11:48:45 AM »

I tried the Civie1 in SIC 2, the dead animations in there seems to be awful, the dead body near the flare gun at 0under, and at 1rocks another dead body in the house near the barn key and magnum, have you tested it yet?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 09:13:47 AM by ZikShadow »

Darth Marsden

• Dark Lord of the Sith
  • Vortigaunt
  • Totally Radical, Dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2011, 05:36:20 PM »

Literally just started it. I've gone through the first one and the models work fine there, so I'll have a look for you.

EDIT: Nope, looks fine to me. You mean the dead body on the cliff and the one slumped in the corner, right? I've not seen any problems with them.

Incidentally, that train crash was pretty impressive by Half-Life standards. Shame the train ride itself was so frustrating...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 05:45:32 PM by Darth Marsden »

ZikShadow

• Vortigaunt
  • Still Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2011, 09:13:01 AM »

How come mine looks like this?

[File not found]

Darth Marsden

• Dark Lord of the Sith
  • Vortigaunt
  • Totally Radical, Dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2011, 05:26:28 PM »

Huh. Haven't seen that in a while. Are you sure that all the different model files are in the right place? There's like 17 different files for each model, remember.

ZikShadow

• Vortigaunt
  • Still Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 07:24:35 AM »

Yes.

Darth Marsden

• Dark Lord of the Sith
  • Vortigaunt
  • Totally Radical, Dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 06:49:44 PM »

Then I've no idea, I'm afraid. Tried re-downloading the files?

ZikShadow

• Vortigaunt
  • Still Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2011, 08:14:32 AM »

Oh yeah, i was making a HD 9mmAR, but i have some trouble with the right hand, so i only used the original hands, can you help me?

[File not found]

Red Slug

• 12 Gauge
  • Gargantua
  • Short-range firepower
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2011, 05:35:36 PM »

I made minor changes on the weapons for SiC part one several years ago...

Damn, I have to play these mods again sometime!
Does anybody know, if it works with steam? I remember part two had some enginetweaks, so it might be a problem.

I made minor changes on the weapons for SiC part one several years ago...

Damn, I have to play these mods again sometime!
Does anybody know, if it works with steam? I remember part two had some enginetweaks, so it might be a problem.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-3605599/hl1-sp-Survive-in-Catacombs.rar.html

Joebama

• Houndeye
  • Show them online!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2011, 06:43:47 PM »

You know, you repeat yourself sometimes.  :P

Darth Marsden

• Dark Lord of the Sith
  • Vortigaunt
  • Totally Radical, Dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2011, 10:58:23 PM »

The new models are interesting, though it's worth noting that the new HGrunt is useless as he never appears in either mod. Also, there seem to be very few changes to the weapon models, and they still have the bad habit of not having a proper reload animation! Pistol's certainly shinier though.

As to whether either mod works on Steam... I played through both and, with a few exceptions, they both worked fine.

Part One works absolutely fine right up until the end, where you have to defeat all the zombies and such. The door never seems to open. A simple no-clip solves that though.

Part Two has a few similar issues, sadly. Once you reach the graveyard and defeat all the zombies, the Barney guy opens a door for you, which he promptly gets stuck behind. I don't know if that's supposed to be intentional or not, but I couldn't find any way of opening the gate you're meant to go through, so I'm guessing not. There's also an area in some catacombs that you need to find a barrel in so you can reach a broken stairway. The barrel's in a locked room that supposedly unlocks after doing something, but I never found out. No-clipping gets around both issues.

Anyway. There ya go. My 2% of a dollar.

ZikShadow

• Vortigaunt
  • Still Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2011, 01:13:52 AM »

The new models are interesting, though it's worth noting that the new HGrunt is useless as he never appears in either mod. Also, there seem to be very few changes to the weapon models, and they still have the bad habit of not having a proper reload animation! Pistol's certainly shinier though.

As to whether either mod works on Steam... I played through both and, with a few exceptions, they both worked fine.

Part One works absolutely fine right up until the end, where you have to defeat all the zombies and such. The door never seems to open. A simple no-clip solves that though.

Part Two has a few similar issues, sadly. Once you reach the graveyard and defeat all the zombies, the Barney guy opens a door for you, which he promptly gets stuck behind. I don't know if that's supposed to be intentional or not, but I couldn't find any way of opening the gate you're meant to go through, so I'm guessing not. There's also an area in some catacombs that you need to find a barrel in so you can reach a broken stairway. The barrel's in a locked room that supposedly unlocks after doing something, but I never found out. No-clipping gets around both issues.

Anyway. There ya go. My 2% of a dollar.

The HGrunt does appear in some parts in Part I, but as a dead body, the last part where you have to kill all enemies, i was also trapped there, until i found a ghost somewhere on the castle walls, then there's some text, and the door opens, and in the Part II, barney does suppose to open the gate, and that locked room can be opened when you approach a survivor in the blockade door, the one who's sitting.

Darth Marsden

• Dark Lord of the Sith
  • Vortigaunt
  • Totally Radical, Dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2011, 01:47:25 PM »

Oh, OK. Might go back and give them a try, see if that works.

EDIT: You're quite right. There is one of the ghosts stuck behind the castle walls at the end of SiC1. A couple of shots with the crossbow and the door did indeed unlock. Good call with that one.

In part 2, you say Barney is supposed to open the gate. But once he opens the door to the crypt-type thing with the ammo inside, he magically teleports behind the door and refuses to move. I think it's an engine glitch. Any ideas?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:48:26 PM by Darth Marsden »

ZikShadow

• Vortigaunt
  • Still Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2011, 01:06:23 PM »

Oh, OK. Might go back and give them a try, see if that works.

EDIT: You're quite right. There is one of the ghosts stuck behind the castle walls at the end of SiC1. A couple of shots with the crossbow and the door did indeed unlock. Good call with that one.

In part 2, you say Barney is supposed to open the gate. But once he opens the door to the crypt-type thing with the ammo inside, he magically teleports behind the door and refuses to move. I think it's an engine glitch. Any ideas?

Maybe it's the model, try this one, i retexture it from Red's They Hunger pack, when i use the old model, it screw up, when i use this model, it sort of fixed it.

[File not found]

Darth Marsden

• Dark Lord of the Sith
  • Vortigaunt
  • Totally Radical, Dude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2011, 04:21:54 PM »

That did the trick. Thanks.

ZikShadow

• Vortigaunt
  • Still Alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2011, 01:41:46 AM »

Is there actually a HD/SD flare gun for SiC2???
Pages: 1 [2] 3