HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help with Blue Shift: Unlocked  (Read 3351 times)

DarkStormyKnight

• Snark
    • View Profile
Help with Blue Shift: Unlocked
« on: December 30, 2011, 05:25:34 PM »

Firstly, sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting this.

Okay, so I'm suffering with the elevator bug in Half Life: Blue Shift. I take damage, two scientists explode and I get charged with inappropriate use of a firearm if I jump, and the elevator doesn't actually move if I just wait it out. It restarts after the little power outage, and it sounds like it's moving, but the scenery outside the window doesn't move. So I die.

I've been looking into this for about an hour and a half, and I've come across Blue Shift: Unlocked, which apparently should solve the problem. But I don't know how to get it working. I've extracted the ZIP file and used the installer, and it seems to have worked, but the problem still remains. I don't know if I haven't installed it or if there's something I need to do to play BS in Half Life or something I haven't thought of. Can someone please help me?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
    • HL-Improvement
Re: Help with Blue Shift: Unlocked
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 12:48:12 AM »

Using the installer should set it up for you. Then you run Blue Shift Unlocked from your Steam games list.

I have heard of the elevator problem before, but never actually had it happen myself, so no idea what causes it.

DarkStormyKnight

• Snark
    • View Profile
Re: Help with Blue Shift: Unlocked
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 11:04:35 PM »

Ah, thanks a lot. I hadn't looked in the games list.

Yeah, the elevator glitch is funny... until you realise it's never going away. I believe it's a problem with the death of the two scientists occurring too soon, and the game assuming that, since any NPC death up to this point can only be caused by the player's use of the pistol, the player is to blame and so the inappropriate use of firearms screen is shown. I don't know why the player takes damage, though.