HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Overwatch (omg Red Alert 2 Mod)  (Read 29492 times)

Jeebus McChrist

• Gonarch
  • I love everyone.
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch (omg Red Alert 2 Mod)
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2005, 11:01:24 PM »

This wins so much win it hurts. Combining two of my favorite games, yes plz.

And on the Generals subject, I never found the game remotely interesting. See, I hated Starcraft's shitty construction ideals and the game in itself, and since Generals was a big steaming bucket of Starcraft (BECAUSE APPARENTLY EA THINKS C&C IS STARCRAFT) I fucking hate the game.

Zavaro

• Portal User
  • Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2005, 12:36:55 AM »

The Red Alert series is set in an alternate timeline, created when Albert Einstein travels back in time and assassinates Adolf Hitler, in an attempt to prevent World War II. This backfires and results in an unchecked Soviet invasion of Europe by Joseph Stalin. The games typically follow the release of a game in the Tiberian timeline; however EA is currently working on a new Red Alert game instead of the anticipated Tiberian Twilight.

Yes, that may be true, but RA2 was Westwood's storyline.  THey are speaking of Red Alert 3 that was actually somewhat announced but then denied by the company.

It actually is all one story, leaving out Generals and Sole Survivor.

It would have gone like this, had Westwood not died.

Red Alert 1940-50 - Alternate WWII Scenario.

Red Alert 2 1960-70 - Alternate Cold War Scenario.

Yuri's Revenge 1960-70 - Hidden Cold War Scenario, had to travel back in time to stop enemy.

Tiberian Dawn (aka C&C) 1995 - New age of war over precious new element discovered.

Renegade 2017 - Still fighting the war, interconnected with Tiberian Dawn.

Renegade 2 2XXX (between 2017 and 2030) - Nod has been destroyed.. remnants fight with old technology hidden before the destruction of the Soviets.

Tiberian Sun 2030 - War begins again, Nod has regrouped, world is war-torn and mostly barren with Tiberian plague.

Firestorm 2030-31 - Cabal arises as a new world power against both forces, he is *gasp* actually Kane.

Tiberian Twilight & Continuum (after the second Tiberian War) - The end of Westwood conception for the timeline.  Continuum was an MMO in the Tiberian universe, and Twilight was the sequel to Sun.  Cabal still exists as remnant forces, but still remain as a threat to Nod and GDI.

Information collected from Westwood employees, manuals, interviews, concept art, strategy guides, and so on.  All are official sources.

Oh, and the only reason why I know all this is because I worked at a very big Command and Conquer website for some time.

And for other stuff look here.

http://www.planetcnc.com/features/encyclopedia/cnccanon/

Sorry to go so off topic.. but in this conext it really isn't.

/ontopic

A Half-Life 2 RTS.  The Sides woul be COmbine, Resistance.. anyone else?

Ackart

• HL:E Group
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
    • Ragnarok Arena!
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2005, 03:38:00 AM »

The Red Alert series is set in an alternate timeline, created when Albert Einstein travels back in time and assassinates Adolf Hitler, in an attempt to prevent World War II. This backfires and results in an unchecked Soviet invasion of Europe by Joseph Stalin. The games typically follow the release of a game in the Tiberian timeline; however EA is currently working on a new Red Alert game instead of the anticipated Tiberian Twilight.

Yes, that may be true, but RA2 was Westwood's storyline.  THey are speaking of Red Alert 3 that was actually somewhat announced but then denied by the company.

It actually is all one story, leaving out Generals and Sole Survivor.

It would have gone like this, had Westwood not died.

Red Alert 1940-50 - Alternate WWII Scenario.

Red Alert 2 1960-70 - Alternate Cold War Scenario.

Yuri's Revenge 1960-70 - Hidden Cold War Scenario, had to travel back in time to stop enemy.

Tiberian Dawn (aka C&C) 1995 - New age of war over precious new element discovered.

Renegade 2017 - Still fighting the war, interconnected with Tiberian Dawn.

Renegade 2 2XXX (between 2017 and 2030) - Nod has been destroyed.. remnants fight with old technology hidden before the destruction of the Soviets.

Tiberian Sun 2030 - War begins again, Nod has regrouped, world is war-torn and mostly barren with Tiberian plague.

Firestorm 2030-31 - Cabal arises as a new world power against both forces, he is *gasp* actually Kane.

Tiberian Twilight & Continuum (after the second Tiberian War) - The end of Westwood conception for the timeline.  Continuum was an MMO in the Tiberian universe, and Twilight was the sequel to Sun.  Cabal still exists as remnant forces, but still remain as a threat to Nod and GDI.

Information collected from Westwood employees, manuals, interviews, concept art, strategy guides, and so on.  All are official sources.

Oh, and the only reason why I know all this is be :-*

Sorry, but I have to shit all over that.

Westwood never wanted to make Red Alert 2. EA, however, wanted to make money. GUESS WHAT HAPPENED?

So, it goes like this:

Red Alert - Tiberian Dawn - (lollergade) - Tiberian Sun - Tiberian Twilight
           \
              Red Alert 2 - Yuri's- Renedage 2

Generals.

Renegade 2 was a fun little project to try and see how to bring the RA storyline and the Tiberium stories together again. EA detected fun, and had to shit all over everything. Ever.

And the two sides in the mod are going to be The Resistance and the Combine, that's it.

Zavaro

• Portal User
  • Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2005, 04:00:04 AM »

All right then.  But will you create a type of civilian force?  That includes Xen and Citizens and whatnot?  They would most likely attack each other as well.

But I still stand next to my first assumptions.  EA didn't officially take over Westwood until after Renegade was released, and Renegade 2 was a look into how they became one storyline, but also included units from Red Alert 2.  These included the Prism Tank, Apocalypse tank, Kirov airship (zepplin), and the Rhino tank.

However, every expansion pack seems to go further from the storyline, as does the ending of the Nod/Soviet campaign, as it would eventually affect all other games in the series.

And I stand by my thoughts.

Mirror

• Reflection
  • Alien Grunt
  • Dot Dot Dot
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2005, 04:13:26 AM »

Hows your mod going? How many things you have done? I may have a few ideas you can do.

Combine

Command Center - Of Course a citadel.

Barracks - maybe like a teleporter thing cause you know how they have one way teleporters.

Engineer - Stalker

Telsa Soldier - Enslaved Vortigant

Flak Trak - Combine APC

Tanks - Crab Synths or Striders

Siege Copter - Gunship

Hind - Light Mine Helicopter.

Telsa Coil - The Surpression devise.

Wall - Shield

Resistance

All Types of soldiers - Resistance with armored ones of course.

Engineer - Vortigaunt or Refugee Citizen [White Uniform]

Medic - Citizen Medic

Vehicles - APC varients.

Tanya - Alyx

Then again aren't you make your own races. Right? Not just replace current sprites for the races.

Zavaro

• Portal User
  • Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2005, 04:30:27 AM »

Combine

Don't forget Mortar synths.  And instead of Chinook the dropship.

Superweapon.. Nexus beam (the laser used when trying to infiltrate that one domed building) and or Headcrab shelling.  That would be neat.

Resistance

Vortigaunts

Superweapon.. hmm.. wow, the combine can't be hurt by Superweapons.. Gas masks, Laser gun emplacements for blowing up missiles.. wait... Antlions.. thousands of them..

Mirror

• Reflection
  • Alien Grunt
  • Dot Dot Dot
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2005, 04:34:15 AM »

Combine

Don't forget Mortar synths.  And instead of Chinook the dropship.

Superweapon.. Nexus beam (the laser used when trying to infiltrate that one domed building) and or Headcrab shelling.  That would be neat.

Resistance

Vortigaunts

Superweapon.. hmm.. wow, the combine can't be hurt by Superweapons.. Gas masks, Laser gun emplacements for blowing up missiles.. wait... Antlions.. thousands of them..

Combine's super weapon could be heavy crab shelling.

Maybe it could be like a bombardment of Nexus Beams.

Or maybe like a paradrop you know except its like 5 gunships full of elites.

Resistance super weapon can be teleportation since they have better teleport technology.

Maybe for grenadiers for resistance it could be bug bait. LOL
« Last Edit: August 25, 2005, 04:36:09 AM by Doppelganger »

Ackart

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
    • Ragnarok Arena!
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2005, 04:49:30 AM »

A citadel as the command Center? How about a Citadel UPLINK, seeing as how the Citadels are freaking huge.

The rebels don't get a super weapon, persay. But they do get a Teleportation device.

Headcrab shelling has been planned.

Combine Superweapon = Really big laser beam.

Oh, anyone want to help make models for buildings and units? It wouldn't have to be lollerdetail, and poly counts don't matter. At all. Ever.

Mirror

• Reflection
  • Alien Grunt
  • Dot Dot Dot
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2005, 05:00:42 AM »

If you give me a tutorial on how ot make it and the tools maybe.

Ackart

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
    • Ragnarok Arena!
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2005, 07:13:45 AM »

*Sigh.*

Those of you that want tools, and a crash course on the modern way of Modding C&C, and possibly acopyofra2ifyoudontownit get in contact with me somehow, preferrably with MSN, or AIM, or Google Talk.

Miko

• Cradle Administration
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2005, 07:56:43 AM »

Heres my Verdict. CNC and CNC red alert are seperate universes
Though CNC red alert does have some ties to the CNC Tiberian Dawn and TS, the actions in red alert 2 take place in a different universe. it doesnt link up at all
i mean if we had that tech in red alert 2 you would think Tiberian Dawn would be much more advanced than it is.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
    • HL-Improvement
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2005, 10:16:25 AM »

Heres my Verdict. CNC and CNC red alert are seperate universes
Though CNC red alert does have some ties to the CNC Tiberian Dawn and TS, the actions in red alert 2 take place in a different universe. it doesnt link up at all
i mean if we had that tech in red alert 2 you would think Tiberian Dawn would be much more advanced than it is.
Also why would they show Einstein going back in time and killing Hitler at the start of Red Alert? Altering time usually suggests creating alternate timelines, you saying they just added it for no reason at all? I find that highly unlikely

Ackart

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
    • Ragnarok Arena!
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2005, 01:18:06 PM »

I think what Westwood beleives is that the events happen in RA2 because of the continued use of the Chronosphere, in another universe, so to say, while less use leads to Tiberian Dawn.

Liquidator

• Л И К В И Д А Т О Р
  • Alien Grunt
  • Holy shit! Zhopaaaaa!
    • View Profile
    • CAd TEAM
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2005, 02:23:36 PM »

Ackart

• Gonarch
    • View Profile