HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Overwatch (omg Red Alert 2 Mod)  (Read 28283 times)

themannwhoknows

• Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch (omg Red Alert 2 Mod)
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2005, 05:13:53 PM »

If by 10 seconds you mean three months then yes.

The_6th_Monkey

• Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2005, 09:52:09 PM »

Hey man update plz!

Ackart

• HL:E Group
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
    • Ragnarok Arena!
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2005, 10:05:08 PM »

Don't worry, update coming soon. I've been busy. But hey.

Ackart

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
    • Ragnarok Arena!
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2006, 12:22:16 PM »

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy shit, when I meant an update was coming, I didn't mean it would take this friggin long.

In any case, production stopped for a while. I'm sorry, but back many many months ago Cold Blood was starting to gear up. Well, that released.

Ragnarok Arena is a fun sideproject that doesn't take ALL THAT MUCH WORK.

So, I look back at my giant archive of mods. And I see Overwatch.

And it's good.

In any case, I've gone back and rethought the game logic. Hold on to your hats, this is gonna be a long one:

I've decided to split the rebels into two. The North American Rebels and the European Rebels. The European Rebels are much like what you would see in City 17, using a lot of Combine weaponry along with old tech from the world before the occupation. These forces will be using MP7s, AK47s, RPG7s, anything readily available. The main armed unit of the European Rebellion will be the Gauss Buggy we all know and love, with the <Fill-In-Later> APC seen broken down in HL2 picking up the heavy slack. The Euro Rebels will be more of a hit and run, multiple base force which brings me on to base building. Euro Rebel buildings aren't built up in the normal sense, they are teleported in from a safe location away from the battlefield. However, if the Teleportation Chamber (MCV) is destroyed, you obviously can't bring new things in. The Euro Rebel style is dirty, built from scrap in a sort of way. The hero of the European Rebellion is Barney Calhoun, armed with a Combine Pulse Rifle. As such, he is normally anti-infantry and anti-vehicle. Moving on...

The American rebels are the remains of the United States/Canadian/Mexican Armed Forces, along with some civilian help. We see the return of the Marines using PCVs and M16s/M8s/OICWs, Bradley's, M1A1s, and Apaches. Don't get me wrong, this stuff has been around for a few days and will reflect it's age, but an American Rebellion force can rush early, as it will swamp a group of Combine still using MP7 CPs and APCs. American buildings are build with manual labor around the Construction Area (MCV), so buildings take longer to build. However, they tend to be stronger and more structurally sound than the European buildings. The Hero Unit of the American Rebellion is Adrian Shepard, armed with a Gauss Cannon that can take out air and ground units. And now, what you have all been waiting for..

The Universal Union (Combine)

I don't believe these aliens need much introduction, now do they? They have the most robust army in the game, ranging from CP units to Combine Elites. With Hunter Choppers, Gunships, Dropships, APCs, Striders and Crab Synths, you're talking about a heavy force rumbling down at your base. However, what they have in offence they lack in defense. While a rebel base might be a tough nut to crack with many defenses, the Combine rely on heavy buildings and almost no base defense what-so-ever. The Combine actually have no Hero Unit - No face to guide them, since Breen went up in a puff of fire that wiped out City 17. Instead, you face a faceless army of Alien Hybrids ready to kick the ass of anything that stands in their way.

ps. Sorry for raising a topic from months of sleep, but I didn't think any new topic would justify itself. In retrospect, I should have done the same thing with Ragnarok Arena. Oh well.

psps. Ingame screens coming as soon as I get stuff set up. Again.

pspsps. Still using Red Alert 2, bitches.

your evil twin

• The Official Half-Life Guru
  • Gonarch
  • I eat Xen Crystals for breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Planet Half-Life
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2006, 04:19:06 PM »

I look forward to this immensely!

Tsunami

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 23, 2006, 06:29:18 PM »

It sounds good so far, but there's a couple of plot things I feel like pointing out. Wasn't North America completely overrun or destroyed? I thought that was why Eastern Europe (City 17) was full of American refugees. And Breen isn't dead either, he's in Episode 1.

gtaiiilc

• web comic addict
  • Retard
  • Alien Grunt
  • th3r3 is no such thing as e th3r3s only 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 23, 2006, 08:14:10 PM »

Mineral Harvester
Cost: 1000

A large, modified dump truck with a device on the front (“Mostly Combine”) that sorts through dirt and picks up only valuable metals. The truck can hold more valuable metals than it’s Combine counterpart, but at the cost of speed and armor.
I think it needs to be a digger from the beta I bet romka has a skin for it ;).

James

• Throw THIS at THAT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gonarch
  • <3
    • View Profile
    • Resident Evil : Cold Blood
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2006, 08:25:15 PM »

*Sigh*

I think you need to research the legality of the beta. Oh, I forgot. The beta increases your penis size.

gtaiiilc

• web comic addict
  • Retard
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2006, 09:09:44 PM »

*Sigh*

I think you need to research the legality of the beta. Oh, I forgot. The beta increases your penis size.
he said he was taking pics in the model viewer witch is not illegal but using models from other games is!and the combine needs to be lead by the big slug!(adviser)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 09:11:33 PM by gtaiiilc »

James

• Throw THIS at THAT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gonarch
  • <3
    • View Profile
    • Resident Evil : Cold Blood
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2006, 10:16:31 PM »

I am well aware of this. However, taking pictures means you have to have the beta to take pictures from it, which is illegal.

Ackart

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
    • Ragnarok Arena!
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2006, 11:46:05 PM »

Guys, please. I haven't had a good concept of harvesters yet, but I do beleive the American side will use a variant of the old RA1 harvester. I <3 that truck.

ps. America wasn't overrun completely. The only reason the Black Mesa Crew is in Europe is that they went there after Black Mesa to keep from being killed by the American Government, as far as I know.

psps. I need a concept artist. Anyonen wishing to fill that void?

Comrade Tiki

• Gonarch
  • Sweeter than success is vindication.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 26, 2006, 07:46:40 PM »

The APC seems to be fictional, but most resembles the BRDM-2, as different as the front is.
BRDM2: http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2851/brdm2wheeledarmouredvehiclerus.jpg
HL2APC: http://img144.exs.cx/img144/5075/dam59db.jpg

Additionally, look at this website's Former Soviet and Russian Weapon Systems links at the bottom. Awesome icons!

Ackart

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
    • Ragnarok Arena!
« Reply #102 on: May 27, 2006, 09:59:07 PM »

The APC seems to be fictional, but most resembles the BRDM-2, as different as the front is.
BRDM2: http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2851/brdm2wheeledarmouredvehiclerus.jpg
HL2APC: http://img144.exs.cx/img144/5075/dam59db.jpg

Additionally, look at this website's Former Soviet and Russian Weapon Systems links at the bottom. Awesome icons!

Tiki: Thanks much.

And for anyone who doesn't HAVE RA2 (>.>) this came up on Planet C&C today:
http://www.purera2.com/index.php?page=contact

Aparently... it's a site handing out free RA2 copies to spark interest in the game once again. Only for the US and the UK.

gtaiiilc

• web comic addict
  • Retard
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2006, 09:53:12 PM »

yes now I can learn whats the game about and get to play this mod!

gtaiiilc

• web comic addict
  • Retard
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2006, 05:28:31 AM »

oops double post but will the new power be in the mod?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]