HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40

Author Topic: News & Updates  (Read 105780 times)

Frraksurred

• Team HL:S:HD
  • Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
Re: HL:S:HD News
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2005, 03:30:16 AM »

Sort of, I think your confirming what I already know. If model is X -> Replace with Y

Correct.  If the default was the vest wearing Barney, then the optional bonus material would be the non-vest wearing Barney.  This would be chosen during installation, and could always be changed by rerunning the installer and only selecting the model you wanted to overwrite.

--

Anyhow.. would add me to *cough*beta-testing*cough* list, yes?

We will be posting a link for the beta release when it is ready.  Everyone who frequents these forums will have access to it.  Our only stipulation is that no one advertises it, as it will not be the "official" release.  We want to complete beta-testing before the mass public gets wind of it.  I've laid all this out in my intro post, please pan up and read it.

Anakite

• Alien Grunt
  • World-Class Hobo
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2005, 04:43:57 AM »

What I think he meant was "Can I change this one barney model and keep all of the others the same?"

But I think that would mean going into the map editor and creating a new ID such as barney_vestless and replacing the barney at the door with "barney_vestless", and giving him the correct animations.

Zavaro

• Portal User
  • Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2005, 06:10:25 AM »

We will be posting a link for the beta release when it is ready.  Everyone who frequents these forums will have access to it.  Our only stipulation is that no one advertises it, as it will not be the "official" release.  We want to complete beta-testing before the mass public gets wind of it.  I've laid all this out in my intro post, please pan up and read it.

Roger that.  No word will come from my mouth about this beta.

I don't know if you could simply change the model of a certain single entity in Source, Anakite.

Drax

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2005, 06:16:25 AM »

Anakite nailed what it was I was asking about.  Sounds like a job for a different mod :)

Frraksurred

• Team HL:S:HD
  • Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2005, 06:40:51 AM »

Thanks for the assistance Anakite.  Good to know some one's paying attention to the details.

--

I have updated the first post with the latest pic of Romka's hassassin using Fury_161's normal and env maps.  She's a beauty.  :o

gregs2k2

• Vortigaunt
  • Anything FPS
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2005, 01:34:39 PM »

Hey all, long time reader, first time poster (I think).  Been following this pack since it's inception.  I have to say i'm impressed.  Simply can't wait to get my hands on this.

Keep up the good work!

Regards.

Sgt Wilko

• Alien Grunt
  • HL:S:HD Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2005, 06:40:47 PM »

Oh god...

Firstly, anyone who asks to "*cough*beta-testing*cough*" will not. You ask politely in english and you might.
Secondly, you cannot just change 1 barney in the whole entire game. That would require coding or at least ripenting and a different model. I fail to see the point.
Thirdly, why are you asking people to vote for a bonus pack? It makes no sense.

'We' have only converted models. Frraksurred and Flynia have only just started this. Romka, Barneyinblue, Myself and even Baracuda are responsible for the creation of this pack. BUT, without all the modellers who have worked hard over the past years, we could not have done this. So stop worshiping Frraksurred, and thank Romka, Gearbox, A.I and all the other people who made it possible.

Oh, and if you really do feel like worshiping someone, leave the computer and get outside - you know, the place with green stuff and the sun.

James

• Throw THIS at THAT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gonarch
  • <3
    • View Profile
    • Resident Evil : Cold Blood
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2005, 07:53:11 PM »

I like how people think that just by saying "hai can I beta test?" They'll get the job...

HoHSilent

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2005, 08:00:23 PM »

im not gonna say hai can i beta test im gonna say hey guys wats up. ive been checkin this mod out for a while, u may have seen me around the forums some, and i have the meager v1.0 u guys released, and despite the ragdolls i love it. so im here to ask if i may have access to the betas, i mean if u think im not credible check out the Half-Life 2.5 mod (forum is siosphere) or check out the HL2 Substance....im an official beta for the hl2.5 and i am unofficially working with betas in the substance 1

so if u want my help im open...if not, ill just go stand in the corner...lol but no its cool either way

Cpl_Death

• Houndeye
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2005, 08:01:34 PM »

K ill try this approach

Please let me beta test or......

your fucking dead mate ill smash yer house up and kill your family

That approach works best  ;)

James

• Throw THIS at THAT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gonarch
  • <3
    • View Profile
    • Resident Evil : Cold Blood
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2005, 08:07:28 PM »

im not gonna say hai can i beta test im gonna say hey guys wats up. ive been checkin this mod out for a while, u may have seen me around the forums some, and i have the meager v1.0 u guys released, and despite the ragdolls i love it. so im here to ask if i may have access to the betas, i mean if u think im not credible check out the Half-Life 2.5 mod (forum is siosphere) or check out the HL2 Substance....im an official beta for the hl2.5 and i am unofficially working with betas in the substance 1

so if u want my help im open...if not, ill just go stand in the corner...lol but no its cool either way

-_-    I think I just lost my faith in humanity...

Anakite

• Alien Grunt
  • World-Class Hobo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2005, 08:25:44 PM »

Isn't it open to all of us?

Besides, the way I see it, if they want me to beta test, they'll ask me.

Sgt Wilko

• Alien Grunt
  • HL:S:HD Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2005, 08:26:51 PM »

So, you don't want to beta-test, but you want the beta models.....I lost my faith in humanity a long time ago. I think you'll find that threatening me does not work. Neither do smart-ass remarks.
So choose your comments wisely if you want to test it Cpl_Death.

Sephiroth

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2005, 08:28:07 PM »

Perhaps they can try leaving fag noobs out of the beta testing and get some people who know what they're doing.........

Hircine

• Der Werwolf
  • Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2005, 09:07:08 PM »

Beta testing will be open to people who frequent the forums and ask nicely..well it said that on another thread.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 40