HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Suggestion for the [357]  (Read 7274 times)

HoHSilent

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion for the [357]
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2005, 10:19:03 PM »

psh I will spell everything correct if you guys really take it that serious...I mean jeez c'mon does it really matter? Guess so. Kind of a strange thing to care about I mean its the internet im not typing a speech im trying to get my idea across without caring if I get my fucking A from the HIT Forum Grammer and Spelling School

Frraksurred

• Team HL:S:HD
  • Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2005, 10:57:41 PM »

psh I will spell everything correct if you guys really take it that serious...I mean jeez c'mon does it really matter? Guess so. Kind of a strange thing to care about I mean its the internet im not typing a speech im trying to get my idea across without caring if I get my fucking A from the HIT Forum Grammer and Spelling School

Easy for you means difficult for those of us who have to read it.  Nobody is grading you, they'd just like a little respect.  Having to stumble through somebody's lazy grammar makes most people feel like you don't think they are worth your time and effort.  A little effort can go a long way.

Anakite

• Alien Grunt
  • World-Class Hobo
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2005, 02:04:09 AM »

Yes, I find it very tedious to read through people's typings sometimes. It can get quite annoying.

Grunt002

• AKA OverwatchTM
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2005, 02:53:10 AM »

His spelling and grammar isn't that bad :P
I can hardly understand "wow roffl i went thiz mdl plz add it 2 da pak kthxbi"

OnTopic: That Desert Eagle.. er.. whatever thing, it doesn't give original feelings but could be a bonus model.

flynia

• HLS-HD Team Member
  • Gonarch
  • EliTe HeAdCrAb!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2005, 02:58:40 AM »

If half the animations dont work properly as stated whats the point :(

If someone can provide me with the necessary links ill convert it over for them personally... this will be outside the pack though unless the team decides otherwise.

To clarify more... i dont mind doing it when i get time ok :)

Cheers flynia

HoHSilent

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2005, 03:03:20 AM »

to frakk ....

i meant no disrespect but when people act as if im retarted cause i dont take the time to spell damn and just right....i mean every other thing was spelled correctly... waaaaa being like  :'( so people were just starting something, what i was saying is clear enough Grunt002 is right its not like I was saying

soes he reis teh gone dat ua sould se 4 he mod k? i realzly tinnk tat it is the godest replacmynt ot dere....

flynia

• HLS-HD Team Member
  • Gonarch
  • EliTe HeAdCrAb!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2005, 03:18:32 AM »

It also makes you look like a child too... no offense man... heck we all make typo's at some point. May i reccomend reading through your post before you click the Post button.

Ok well this is getting way of topic so lets bring this puppy back into line... sorry to backdoor moderate :(

Cheers flynia

HoHSilent

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2005, 08:00:06 PM »

Yeah back on topic/// 357...I don't know why u couldnt use the hl2 357 on the skin i suggested, by vert I think. That would be really cool and brings out the near-photorealism power of source

(off topic...the whole spelling thing...i dont know where it came from. read the post. i made like two spelling errors (Shite was spelled how i wanted it. Some forums like bitch for some reason if u say shit) Some person just started off "How the FUCK can u make so many spelling errors....I MADE FUCKING FIVE GOD DAMN ERRORS IF U COUNT SHITE BUT I MEANT IF TO BE THAT WAY

James

• Throw THIS at THAT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gonarch
  • <3
    • View Profile
    • Resident Evil : Cold Blood
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2005, 08:11:58 PM »

It's a build up of errors in your posts I was talking about. And Frakk is right, it is disrespectful
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 08:13:57 PM by Minuit »

Drax

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2005, 01:33:13 AM »

Personaly I would actualy prefer a HD pack that consisted of the PS-2 and or Blue-Shift HD pack models.  I like to keep the original "feel" of Half-Life intact as much as possible.  Obviously this isn't happening and I'm still stoked about seeing how all this third party material looks in game, but I would still love to see as much of the original Half-Life asthetics maintained (even though yes, Gearbox took some creative license on this themselves, but to me it still feels like classic Half-Life since it happened so long ago). Changing the weapons to completely different ones I dunno.  There's something classy about whipping out the revolver to dish out one shot kills. 

Sephiroth

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2005, 02:05:03 AM »

Err... it IS going to have the default HD models are the default models, most of what you see thats abstract is just bonus material. Read the rest of this section.

Drax

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2005, 02:39:19 AM »

Uhmm derrr.  You guys are using third party models for bad-guys and props but I forgot your keeping the weapons.   My bad.

Frraksurred

• Team HL:S:HD
  • Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2005, 02:45:24 AM »

Uh, yeah... what Sephiroth said.  ;D

Our pack consists almost entirely of models taken from the PS2 release.  The only exceptions are models that started as PS2 ripped models but were remeshed at higher polygons, and retextured at higher res... but not altered from their original look and feel.  Our whole goal is to maintain that original look and feel, that is why models stepping outside of that would only be offered as bonus material.  To wit, RavenGT's MP5 that Flynia converted is an excellent example of an orignal HL model (before Gearbox's M4 replacement) that many people are looking forward to having the option to use.  It is bonus, but it is very much within the "original look and feel" of the first HL.

Drax

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2005, 03:07:53 AM »

!!!
 :-[

Ack, I thought you guys had strayed from this.  I've been lurking here for a long time but there's this shamefull lapse I like to call the "WoW stage" of my life (I'm better now).  When seeing models like the Assassin you posted in the other thread I didn't realise that the original source for that model started with official content.

*backs away into shadowy corner, and goes back to silently waiting for the release*
Pages: 1 [2]