HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Bug Reports: Official Thread  (Read 36971 times)

Frraksurred

• Team HL:S:HD
  • Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
Bug Reports: Official Thread
« on: September 30, 2005, 03:46:48 AM »

Howdy all, as you may have guessed, this is the "Official" area for posting the bugs you have found.  Most the bugs contained in version 1 have already been addressed, but if you find something not listed below please let us know about it.  While doing so we would appreciate it if you follow a few guidelines to help us keep things in order:

• Check the master list of "Known Bugs" and "Fixed Bugs" at the bottom of this post to see if the problem has already been listed and/or fixed.

• Describe the bug as best you can, including what model, texture, etc it may involve.  If the bug is occurring in a certain map or under certain circumstances, provide those details also.

• Provide a screenshot (thumbnail or link please) or video exhibiting the bug if possible.

• Let's keep this space focused on bug reports and suggested fixes.  General discussion can be done in the main HL:S:HD area.  Constructive and respectful posts are appreciated.  Unconstructive and disrespectful posts will be moderated!  (Bubba and Guido are standing by!  :o )

• If your problem seems like it might be associated with a hardware or software issue, please attach your "dxdiag" report to your post.  To do this, go to "Start" --> "Run" --> type in "dxdiag" (without quotes) and hit "OK"--> after it has completed it's tests (green bar in lower left corner), click the "Save All Information" bottom on the lower right.  Pay attention to where it saves, then attach it to your post.

This will help us keep track of any hardware / software conflicts, plus point out errors that may not have been visible from the surface.  I realize this means a small amount of work for you, but it will help us, and all those who may download this pack in the future.  Thank you again for your support and cooperation.

Note from Flynia: "Despite the Beta Leakage the bugs area (http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?topic=2447.0) is still here to help those with problems relating to the release.  So keep posting those buggies!"  - flynia out :)

~PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING~
[/size]

FIXED BUGS

Ragdoll fixed for all v.1 models
Sgt. Wilko, Barneyinblue

Working Mouths for all NPCs
Sgt. Wilko, Barneyinblue

Crossbow “bow” now correctly rendered - Applies to HLS HD Version1 Pack only
Can be changed for version one users by opening materials/models/v_crossbow/bowchrome.vmt in notepad and replacing "VertexLitGeneric_DX^" with "VertexLitGeneric_DX6"
Thanks Flynia

GMAN correctly rendered
Textures replaced by Marphy Black’s high-resolution group
Model to be replaced in Beta Fix on Monday by http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?topic=2493.0
Thanks Marphy Black, Flynia, Liquidator, Fat_al and Master Joe.

Barney Helmet Texture Incorrect Possibly unrelated to Beta but posted here for those having trouble
Missing " in VMT file for barney_helmet
See http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?topic=2518.0 for details
Thanks to Frraksurred

Scientist Glasses now transparent
Fixed in .qc and created Alpha Channel for glasses texture.
See here http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?topic=2424.0 for details
File here: http://files.filefront.com/scientistrar/;11623694;/fileinfo.html
Thanks Flynia and Frraksurred

Hassassin Reflective Surfaces
See http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?topic=2474.msg39276#msg39276 for a comparisson between the new improved model by Romka/Fury_161 with Reflective Surfaces and original model from HL Source.
Thanks Fury_161 & Romka

Scientist Footsteps volume
Was very loud, adjusted in .qc
See http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?topic=2434.msg38921#msg38921 third edit for details
Thanks Barneyinblue & Flynia

Scientist Scripted Audio Sequence Issues
See http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?topic=2434.msg39395#msg39395 for details and comparrison.
- Scientist at vending machine in "Anomolous Materials" does not make any sounds as he interacts with it.
- Scientist sounds missing during "Blast Pit" scripted sequence.
- Scientist sounds missing from "Office Complex" sequence.
- Scientist hanging from ladder in "Unforseen Consequences" does not ask for help or scream on the way down.
Thanks Flynia

9mmAR Now the Same as Marines
Thanks to VectorW8 for pointing this out.  Romka provided updated v_model.
See http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?topic=2434.msg38921#msg38921 for details.
Thanks Romka & Flynia

Headcrab Weight
Headcrab weight was different ($mass 90.0) compared to original from Source ($mass 30.0) .  Fixed in .qc and recompiled.
See http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?topic=2434.msg38921#msg38921 first edit for details
Thanks Flynia

Item Collecting Issue - Battery Bug
The "HEV Battery" dosen't seem to collect within game.  For the moment it can be fixed by following the instructions here: http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?topic=2555.0
Thanks Sgt Wilko (Pointing out lack of Phymodel for Items) and flynia (for devising a tempory Fix for affected models)

Missing Sound In 357 Magnum Reload
Missing { event 5004 72 "Weapon_357.Reload" } in Magnum QC. Added and recompiled model... Works Correctly ingame.
See http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?topic=2434.msg41352#msg41352 for details
Thanks Nero Angelo for pointing this out and flynia for adding the fix to the model.

Silo Door Tiled Texture - Temporary Fix
Check http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?topic=2434.msg39610#msg39610 for first beta fix
Frrakksured has messaged Besli about getting a newer more permanent texture.
This issue has been fixed in the latest Beta as our new texture has arrived :)
Thanks Besli and Frraksurred

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

KNOWN BUGS[/u]

- Barnacle "Tongue" clipping through victims and floor. - Tongue extending too far and clipping through world and models.

- The coat of the Scientist and Zombie models. It is currently stiff and is clipping into their bodies during ragdoll.  We have devised a fix and should have it working soon.

- Player not sustaining damage from marines or assassin.  This problem seems to be directly related to the player model.  If you experience this bug, go into the "C:\xxx\Steam\Steamapps\<username>\half-life source\hl1\models" and delete the player.* files.
See http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?topic=2834.msg45103#msg45103 for which files to delete or see http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?topic=2899.0 for a more detailed help.

- Osprey Rotating and Marines not repelling.  Once again removing the model for now, until it is fixed, fixes the problem.
See http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?topic=2899.0 for instructionss. Obviously you are after osprey.* in this case.

- Human and Alien Gibs not gibbing correctly.  They stick to the first thing they hit, instead of bouncing and sliding as they should.  We will try recompiling them as phy_props and see if it fixes them.

- Berretta leaving blurred black boxes when moved quickly.  BarneyinBlue is working on a fix.
I've tried re-compiling the model using the beretta from Valves "half-life high definition.gcf" and it gives me the same problem. I have defaulted back to the original model to confirm that this is indeed a bug in our release :(

- Ragdolls not settling.  Kicking up large amounts of dust and not coming to rest.  We are readjusting collision boxes to better fit models.

- Some world items, like battery, clipping outside of map making it impossilbe to pick up.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 10:05:09 PM by Frraksurred »

flynia

• HLS-HD Team Member
  • Gonarch
  • EliTe HeAdCrAb!!!
    • View Profile
Re: HL:S:HD Beta Bugs
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 03:54:25 PM »

Their dosen't appear to be any normal mapped weapons in the /materials/models folder... now this is not critical to the working of the pack but does make a nice extra.

I'm willing to upload them here... but i also think the beta shouldn't be changed... thoughts people?

Hmmm we also have some QC files in the models folder... v_357 and v_9mmar to be precise.

We also have thumbs.db files throughout the pack as well :(... these are just references for thumbnail images though.

Cheers flynia
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 03:59:57 PM by flynia »

darkcloud

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 05:02:50 PM »

I have just started a new game on the episode "Questionable Ethics" and I have noticed that the marines doesn't do me any damage with their weapons .
If I find another bug i'll post it here .

And congratulations for the work : it's amazing

[edit]Same problem with assassins[/edit]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 05:30:32 PM by darkcloud »

flynia

• HLS-HD Team Member
  • Gonarch
  • EliTe HeAdCrAb!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 06:02:19 PM »

That sounds like the player.* bug to me...

go into the "C:\xxx\Steam\Steamapps\<username>\half-life source\hl1\models" and delete the player.* files.

Do the same with the "C:\xxx\Steam\Steamapps\<username>\half-life source\hl1\materials\models\player" directory

Once thats done all should be well.

Cheers flynia

darkcloud

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 07:09:59 PM »

It works well now . I'll continue testing...

Thanks flynia

HoHSilent

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 08:02:01 PM »

whats the news with the normal mapped guns? well anyway im dl-ing beta now, ill work thro it for about an hour, then i gotta go to hotline to by mah new skateboard....then ill be back on it.

HoHSilent

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 09:25:20 PM »

Ok now, ive barely even began, but im going to list bugs ive seen....now these descriptions will be vague, until i can upload a screenshot (i already have them, but they are tga and image shack dont like tga apparently....

1st-

texture glitch in the lab brief place....IT ONLY occurs on the one blast panel, the other is fine, i think its a lighting thing and i dont know if its mod specific or not-

2nd

when u pull out the magnum, it flashes on screen ( i think playing the cock anim<) then it reappears in normal....

3rd

zombie ragdolls are fucked....u really need to add a bone and REALLy light weight to the coattail, as it currently makes them sit up, im not talking about the clipping, im saying it acts as a stiff limb, such as a spine.....

also, the zombie fingers are really strong, so like they will hold the ragdoll up on the fingertips, im guessing that means u need to fix weighting///

barney rag is a little queer too, loook into it...

4th

the headcrab WILL NOT fall on its back. the rag is messed, so it will either flip or sit up, so once again fix weighting....

5th

the vort rag is a little screwy, about like the barney...

6th

zombies legs clip floor when climbing out of that water pipe, y'know the part where the first vort breaks door and the guy is in dumpster...

7th

not really a bug, but why the fuck are the tongues red on the sucky guys...the little roofhanger bitches....just forgot name....

8th

headcrab legs clip body, goes along with not sitting on backside...

9th

the gibs from the laser cut barney are ghetto, and just sit in an upright pile....

10th

zombies will sometime get their feet stuck in ground, ending in a death ragdoll that has them knealing....(weird, you'll see once i get screenies up)

11th

in that part where u hafta turn off power to get past the wire that zaps anything, y'know how the headcrabs come at you, but all get zapped? well they get zapped, but no laser, they just like blast away...

12th

same deal with tongues to long, they go thro the roof in the part mentioned above, i know u know about the prob, just pointing out an extremly obviouse error...

13th

the cockroaches....i hafta say they are the most reaccuring bug thro the whole game

(haha)

Grunt002

• AKA OverwatchTM
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 09:37:04 PM »

I've discovered some minor (and major) bugs.

Ragdoll bug: After you killed something, but only when it's not stable (not moving), just before you turn around and it moves out of your screen, it becomes non-visible.

Texture bug: C1A3 Silo door.

After all this is only a beta.

Barnz

• French Fries
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 09:40:52 PM »

1-I don't care about the texture pack, It wasn't my plan.

2-Yea, I'll try to fix it later. The pack is including the old converted HD models. I am trying to create new v_models these days.

3,4,5,6-We already know that problem.

7-Frrak changed the textures, ask him.

8-Hmm...

9-Really?

10- ::)

11-Hmm weird...

I don't want to write answer for last 2 questions.

P.S: Include few s.s.'s in your post next time.

Sgt Wilko

• Alien Grunt
  • HL:S:HD Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2005, 09:43:05 PM »

3rd

zombie ragdolls are fucked....u really need to add a bone and REALLy light weight to the coattail, as it currently makes them sit up, im not talking about the clipping, im saying it acts as a stiff limb, such as a spine.....

also, the zombie fingers are really strong, so like they will hold the ragdoll up on the fingertips, im guessing that means u need to fix weighting///

barney rag is a little queer too, loook into it...

I'll see you do better then.

4th

the headcrab WILL NOT fall on its back. the rag is messed, so it will either flip or sit up, so once again fix weighting....

This isn't the matrix - in order for the headcrab to fly back, the person who fired the gun would have to have been thrown back as well. Its called Physics.

11th

in that part where u hafta turn off power to get past the wire that zaps anything, y'know how the headcrabs come at you, but all get zapped? well they get zapped, but no laser, they just like blast away...

Thats nothing to do with us. We haven't messed with the Electrical effects.

Theres no need to post pictures. I've known of these bugs. Frraksurred was in such a rush to get a beta out, he didn't listen.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2005, 09:45:10 PM by Sgt Wilko »

HoHSilent

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2005, 09:56:09 PM »

dont act as if im saying i could do better. damnit im pointing out things i noticed, and trying to be helpfull...dont act as if i pretend to know a shit about coding. dont get all up tight jeez...

"I'll see you do better then."

!?!!?!/1 im POINTING OUT BUGS NOT BITCHING GAHHHH

and what i meant about the headcrab, is as a ragdoll, you cannot make it land on its back. AS IN IT WILL REST SITTING UPRIGHT INSTEAD OF FALLING BACK...so it cant be on its back, only front, bottom, and sides...

Anakite

• Alien Grunt
  • World-Class Hobo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2005, 10:09:09 PM »

Try screwing with it with the crowbar.

Anakite

• Alien Grunt
  • World-Class Hobo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2005, 10:22:16 PM »

Just a little bug I've noticed.

j0nathanbs23

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2005, 10:56:08 PM »

yea the ragdolls do seem a bit "heavy", if u shoot em they barely move, especially the headcrabs

also it can be very hard, if not impossible to pick up medkits/batteries, u walk or run to em/stand on top of em, and they are still there

Barnz

• French Fries
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2005, 10:56:54 PM »

We are NOT converted the weapon models yet... (That tripmine model converted by someone)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10