HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Bug Reports: Official Thread  (Read 40545 times)

Drax

• Snark
    • View Profile
Re: HL:S:HD Beta Bugs
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 11:30:40 PM »

The scientist that falls to his death when you try to get back to the tram you rode into Black Messa on no longer screams "Stop Gordon... Noooooooo!!!" or whatever it is he says as he slides down the cable to his death.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Drayth/c1a1g0000.jpg

And I'm getting this wierd black trailing effect from the geometry on the map you first encounter the hound eyes on.  It happens if I make a quick turn of the mouse... here are some examples...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Drayth/c1a1b0004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Drayth/c1a1b0002.jpg

In both cases if I erase my Half-Life: Source directory and restart it from scratch everything goes back to working correctly.  I'll try and continue to do this as I go so I can verify the bugs are the pack and not my system.

AMD 3200+
2 Gigs ram
ATI X800 XT PE
Latest Catylist Drivers
Audigy 2zs
Windows XP Proffesional SP2

Barnz

• French Fries
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2005, 11:44:08 PM »

Ah, it's the v_9mmhandgun's clip problem. I'll try to fix the problem later, when I finish converting v_models.

HoHSilent

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2005, 12:41:43 AM »

hey i tried to mess with it with crow, i had all weapons and none (played thro 2 times, at least the parts i did) and i used all diff guns, it will not sit on back...like the ass lumps on its back are to big or like heavy so they wont let it go upside down

Kiwi: Source

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2005, 02:41:49 AM »

As mentioned before the Headcrab ragdoll is pretty much broken.  I shot some with the shotgun at point blank range and instead of flying back they fall on their asses.  When they are in that position another blast for the shotty can make them fall over on their backs but it still seems that they had been anchored or superglued to the ground.  Suggestion to fix both the Headcrab and Zombie ragdolls.  Why not cut and paste the info needed for this from the Half-Life 2 varities?

Edit: At the begining of the game when a Scientist tries to buy a can of soda and the machine fails him he hits it but no impact sound is played.  He wacks the soda machine with his fist but the impact is dead silent.  Need to do some more testing later.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 02:48:11 AM by Kiwi: Source »

.:TWP:. Jazz_man

• The Think Tank
  • Gonarch
  • Song Cue! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • .:TWP:. Homepage(Closed.. Sorry)
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2005, 03:15:04 AM »

I noticed that the coats on the zombies are heavy, and when a zombie falls down it falls down like it's got something proped up on it's back.

*The Secret battery on "UNFORSEEN Conquences" (In the Elevator shaft, go down where it crashs)
Is Sunken into the ground.

** Most of the bugs have already been reported..

Nelo Angelo

• Fallen Angel
  • Gonarch
  • STARS......
    • View Profile
    • Half-Life 2 Site
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2005, 03:28:18 AM »

Pic speaks for its self.Oh and the doc that falls down the ele shaft befor the we got hostiles chap does not screem when he falls.

[File not found]

JoshuaC

• Houndeye
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2005, 04:04:15 AM »

Does anyone have a bug were you head all the scientist foot steps in the section after the tram ride.

.:TWP:. Jazz_man

• The Think Tank
  • Gonarch
  • Song Cue! ^_^
    • View Profile
    • .:TWP:. Homepage(Closed.. Sorry)
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2005, 04:10:38 AM »

Oh yeah thats a bug i forgot, The Scientist shoes are too loud.. it sounds like the strapped mini amps, speakers, and mics to there feet so people know there comeing..

Frraksurred

• Team HL:S:HD
  • Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2005, 04:21:29 AM »

whats the news with the normal mapped guns?

The normal maps did not make it into the beta release as of yet.  We have various maps and are still finalizing our selections.

--

Ragdoll bug: After you killed something, but only when it's not stable (not moving), just before you turn around and it moves out of your screen, it becomes non-visible.

Interesting.  I've noticed a couple models do this, I believe it is a problem that creeps in under certain compiling conditions.  We'll look into it further.

Texture bug: C1A3 Silo door.

I just saw that recently.  I laughed my head off!!!  I also contacted Besli about updates to the texture pack, so we should have this fixed soon.

--

1-I don't care about the texture pack, It wasn't my plan.

Regardless it is in the pack and people are going to be posting bugs related to it.  If it wasn't something you worked on, then leave it for those who did to comment on.

7-Frrak changed the textures, ask him.

I haven't changed the barnacle textures at all.  A.I made them that way originally, so they same as they were since they were converted.

We are NOT converted the weapon models yet... (That tripmine model converted by someone)

Most the weapon models are the same since version 1.0 of the pack.  They were converted by "kimhenning" prior to that.

--

Just a little bug I've noticed. (tripmine clipping)

Thanks for the heads up, we will look into that also.  I'm guessing it needs to be recompiled.

--

I'll see you do better then.

He isn't attacking you, he is pointing out something he noticed.  This IS a bug reporting thread.  If you don't have anything constructive to add, then let some one else address it.

This isn't the matrix - in order for the headcrab to fly back, the person who fired the gun would have to have been thrown back as well. Its called Physics.

Are you trying to be needlessly insulting, or am I just reading it that way?

Thats nothing to do with us. We haven't messed with the Electrical effects.

This is true, but that doesn't mean there may not be another explanation.  It's good info to have either way.

Theres no need to post pictures. I've known of these bugs. Frraksurred was in such a rush to get a beta out, he didn't listen.

I asked them to post pics, so he is only following the guidelines laid out for this thread.  And I'm just getting the job done, a job that would not have gotten done had I not volunteered to do it.

--

The scientist that falls to his death when you try to get back to the tram you rode into Black Messa on no longer screams "Stop Gordon... Noooooooo!!!" or whatever it is he says as he slides down the cable to his death.

Sounds like another case of a bad compile, or a mispelling in the .qc.  We'll look into it.

And I'm getting this wierd black trailing effect from the geometry on the map you first encounter the hound eyes on. It happens if I make a quick turn of the mouse... In both cases if I erase my Half-Life: Source directory and restart it from scratch everything goes back to working correctly. I'll try and continue to do this as I go so I can verify the bugs are the pack and not my system.

Have no explanation for that.  I'll have to wait and see if anyone else reports a similar occurance.

--

Does anyone have a bug were you head all the scientist foot steps in the section after the tram ride.

I have noticed that their foot steps do not always fade when walking away.  They remain loud and annoying.  I experience this most in Anomolous Materials.  Not sure of the cause, but we can do some research.

I think I got everything that had not be addressed already.  My apologies if I missed something.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 04:39:07 AM by Frraksurred »

flynia

• HLS-HD Team Member
  • Gonarch
  • EliTe HeAdCrAb!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2005, 04:45:27 AM »

I'll have a look into the scientist model and recompile him.

See if that might fix some of the errors.

Are any people having critical bugs with the game??? or are they just minor ones such as ragdoll issues???

Bear in mind guys we are doing the best we can.

Cheers flynia

Frraksurred

• Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2005, 05:11:30 AM »

I'll have a look into the scientist model and recompile him.

See if that might fix some of the errors.

Sgt Wilko is supposed to be working on the coat problem, though I know he has been extremely busy with studies lately.  There is no reason to have two .qc variations out there so why don't you let Wilko handle that.

There are several models that seem to be "disappearing" for unexplained reasons.  In the past this was either a faulty line in the .qc pointing to an animation, or a missing animation.  That might be a good place to start.  I'm also a little suspect about our third party compilers.  Let's try to stick with Valve's "studiomdl.exe" and see if that doesn't clear things up. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2005, 05:13:51 AM by Frraksurred »

Drax

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2005, 05:35:22 AM »

Bear in mind guys we are doing the best we can.

No doubt, I'm just happy to see things make it this far. Last year right after HL:S was released I tried doing this myself.  I got pretty far into converting models, but wow was it a pain.  And the only resource I had was a single tutorial on how to convert a CS weapon model into CS:S so it was alot of guess work.

As for the wierd black lines showing up it's something to do with the barretta I think, as mentioned by one of your team members.  He seems to know the fix.

flynia

• HLS-HD Team Member
  • Gonarch
  • EliTe HeAdCrAb!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2005, 05:52:47 AM »

Ok which characters are giving us grief with missing animations ??? As for "studio.mdl" thats the standard one i work with :)... i find DOS batch files more easier to work with and i have one for every model ive compiled... So all i have to do is find the right one in the right folder and all is good.

EDIT:- I've also made the headcrab a little bit lighter in his QC by the looks of things... ive made his $mass 30.0 instead of $mass 90.0 and IMO opinion he "seems" a little more lightweight. The $mass 30.0 seems to be what the original headcrab model in HL Source is rated at as i decompiled the original with Cannonfodders Studio Compiler. Their were also a few other options that didn't match so ive changed those too.

EDIT2:- I've also updated the AR9MM with one that Romka posted for his hgrunts a while back so that it matches the marines ingame... Thanks to Romka for allow me to make this public and thanks also to VectorW8 for pointing this out too me. Here are images of it in game for those interested. As you can see both 9MMAR's now have "the thing with holes in it" at the front of the gun.

EDIT3:- I've also managed to fix up the "scientists footsteps" bug as well thanks to a QC file barneyinblue sent me a few weeks back :) Sorry for overstepping the mark but i figured while i was compiling things i might as well have a look :)

Cheers flynia
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 11:35:28 PM by flynia »

VectorW8

• Local Fuckface
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2005, 08:54:10 AM »

Umm, yeah.  The marines are armed with M16s while you are armed with an M4.  Just wanted you guys to know, as I like to have consistency.

Frraksurred

• Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2005, 08:55:01 AM »

Excelent work Flynia.

Once again you've proven to be a valuable member of the team.  You never stop working, and regardless of what gets said about you or to you, you continue to work well with others.  I respect your professionalism.

I have to give props to Barneyinblue as well for constantly being there for help and support.  What woud we do without our fellow teammates?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10