HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: PS2 additives  (Read 14119 times)

flynia

• HLS-HD Team Member
  • Gonarch
  • EliTe HeAdCrAb!!!
    • View Profile
Re: PS2 additives
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2005, 01:36:02 AM »

It's going to be a tad annoying if people have to ask permission before doing anything...

Maybe we should have a area simular to to "Donations" at the "God Damn Undead" where people submit models and ideas and then the team approves of them. This way at least the members of the community assisting us can feel wanted and respected :)

http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?board=23.0

This may make life easier as we wont have to "hand hold" people. It will also give the community a greater deal of involvement and satisfaction.

Whatcha think?? Worth doing??

Cheers flynia

Frostbite

• Today I've molested a...
  • Gonarch
  • Can't shake this feeling.
    • View Profile
    • Frostbite
sv_goodidea 1
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2005, 02:01:31 AM »

heh...=p maybe it is a good idea so sgt there wont get mad =p

though if i have time ill add some reflective to floors (kinda like the screenshot i posted be4 but less shiney)

Frraksurred

• Team HL:S:HD
  • Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
Re: PS2 additives
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2005, 02:11:17 AM »

I think that would be a constructive idea.  Our pack is built on community made models, so why wouldn't we want to consider community material?

I think it would also be "constructive" to keep in mind that we (the Team) are not the only ones getting the end result, so judgng something purely on personal taste is a skewed method of nomination.  "I don't like it so we're not using it!" is not a valid qualification.  We are not the sole audience, not even a fraction of a percent of the audience.  If it is quality made, free of bugs and improves HL:S in some way, then it fits our pack and should be considered.  Not a one of us can effectively determine what the fans of HL:S are going to like so let them make the decision what they want to keep, rather then limit the end result based on our own preferences.

While I'm on a rant anyway, I'd like to add: I'm going to allow any constructive and realistically productive effort to add to this pack by willing members of the community... because I see no harm in doing so.  We are not the only ones with talent.  Then, we as a team can determine if the submission is of the standards we look for in HL:S:HD material.  In other words, don't get offended if I don't PM the whole team every other day saying "may I this?" and "may I that?"  We can discuss it in our forums when there is actually something ready for evaluation to discuss.  Does that sound reasonable?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 02:37:02 AM by Frraksurred »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]