HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Blue Shift: Unlocked 1.1 Released! (Don't Bump-report)  (Read 41397 times)

Ambient.Impact

• Administrator
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
    • Ambient.Impact.Design
Re: Blue Shift: Unlocked 1.1 Released!
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2005, 10:02:59 AM »

I see, will there be the fix about that problem (for Steam ver.)?

You would have to let Valve know about that. We don't provide the actual maps and other game content because, in their stock form, they might pose a legal problem. Since Blue Shift: Unlocked simply uses the content that you already have, there's really no way to include the fix. Might look into options for that, but I doubt there's an easy way without Valve actually updating the Steam files with the patch from Gearbox.

This whole thing is absurd, if you ask me, considering that Steam was meant to help deliver patches easily. That doesn't help if Valve isn't even interested to get the patched files out to begin with. :(

NovaRain

• Model Hacker / Compiler
  • Alien Grunt
  • Real Lifeā„¢
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2005, 11:04:45 AM »

You would have to let Valve know about that. We don't provide the actual maps and other game content because, in their stock form, they might pose a legal problem. Since Blue Shift: Unlocked simply uses the content that you already have, there's really no way to include the fix. Might look into options for that, but I doubt there's an easy way without Valve actually updating the Steam files with the patch from Gearbox.
This whole thing is absurd, if you ask me, considering that Steam was meant to help deliver patches easily. That doesn't help if Valve isn't even interested to get the patched files out to begin with. :(
Sorry, today I tried to play it again, now everything is fine. And I reinstall BS:U with Steam GCF files (and with/without HD), it works fine, I think it might be a random bug that seldom happens.
Still thanks for replying, A.I., and GJ again to HIT team. :)

Eruntalon

• Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
    • Eruntalon's LiveJournal
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2005, 01:37:44 PM »

I'm having a problem in the map 'ba_teleport1'.  It's where Dr.Rosenberg tells the other scientist (Simmins) to start up the teleporter for Barney for the first time. The scientist in the other room does nothing when the power leaver is ready to pull, and I presume he's meant to pull it? So basically the teleport doesn't start and I'm up shit creek.

Will someone please look into this for me!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 03:45:14 AM by Eruntalon »

Ambient.Impact

• Administrator
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
    • Ambient.Impact.Design
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2005, 04:12:32 PM »

Sorry, today I tried to play it again, now everything is fine. And I reinstall BS:U with Steam GCF files (and with/without HD), it works fine, I think it might be a random bug that seldom happens.

That's good to hear. Still, I'm going to look into this. If it was important enough for Gearbox to patch, it's probably not that uncommon.

I'm having a problem in the map 'ba_teleport1'. It's where Dr.Rosenberg tells the other scientist (Simmins) to start up the teleporter for Barney for the first time. The scientist in the other room does nothing when the power leaver is ready to pull, and I presume he's meant to pull it? So basically the teleport doesn't start and I'm up shit creek.

I vaguely recall hearing about something similar on the Steam forums, but I can't think of anything that would cause that. It's probably a rare issue with the Blue Shift maps. In either case, try loading a save game before you entered that map. If you've already tried that, you might have to reinstalled Unlocked. Make sure you backup your save games. Hopefully, whatever is causing it isn't tied to the save game files, and this should fix it, otherwise you're out of luck. :(
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 04:14:42 PM by Ambient.Impact »

Eruntalon

• Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
    • Eruntalon's LiveJournal
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2005, 05:59:52 PM »

If you've already tried that, you might have to reinstalled Unlocked.

Done. Worked. Noticed that Dr.Rosenberg was skipping half his sentences and wasn't pressing half of the buttons that activate things for the teleporter. It must have been the custom models I was using, although I did put everything back to default high def after already using custom models to get it working at one stage, which still didn't work. Anyway, thanks.

Frostbite

• Today I've molested a...
  • Gonarch
  • Can't shake this feeling.
    • View Profile
    • Frostbite
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2005, 01:11:04 AM »

Just when i delete my entire steam bshift folder with 30mins worth of dl'ing and 1hours worth of finding bshidt hd models i find this thread
i want my mommy  :'( :'(

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • Gonarch
  • GE:S and Ballistic Weapons tester.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2005, 07:36:21 PM »

I did that recently with UT2004. I re-downloaded like 10 GB worth of stuff yesterday.

Marphy Black

• Alien Grunt
  • De-Headcrabbing Factory
    • View Profile
    • Beta Half-Life
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2005, 09:35:23 AM »

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I don't recall this happening before.

I was low on hp and I talked to Rosenberg so he could heal me, and he did just like normal, but instead of using any of his normal Rosenberg wave sentences, he used the normal scientist sounds. I tried getting him to heal me twice and both times he used the regular scientist sounds. I know Rosenberg does have his own cure and heal waves.

Also, I saw one other thing. The shotguns behind the wrangler at the beginning of the game are sticking out of the wall. This was a problem with the old HIT Blue Shift thing too.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 09:39:08 AM by Marphy Black »

technoblue

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2005, 10:58:32 AM »

I think its just me but I seem to have an issue with the weapon hud sprites, they are still using the old ones :S

Screen shot:

[File not found]

Tsunami

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2005, 01:06:04 PM »

That top one (the MP5) is old but the bottom one (the shotgun) is the HD pack one. How odd, I'm sure they're both in the same file.

technoblue

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2005, 03:23:08 PM »

when i select the mp5 the shotgun changes to the oldskool one  >:(

fred

• Headcrab
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2005, 10:03:41 PM »

Hi im having proplem to download blue-shift unlock.I press the download button and it a blank page with a link to some site can anyone post a other download link or tell me what to do.Tanks and advence

fred

• Headcrab
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2005, 10:08:44 PM »

Alsso the link to the some site is http://liquidfrog.bestdirectbuy.com/.That what y get in the blank page a pinnacle download manager link and y get that web site >:(

James

• Throw THIS at THAT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gonarch
  • <3
    • View Profile
    • Resident Evil : Cold Blood
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2005, 10:10:51 PM »

You've probably got spy or adware that automatically re-directs you. Also, try not to make yourself look like an idiot

Matt

• Administrator
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
    • HL-Improvement
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2005, 10:14:12 PM »

You've probably got spy or adware that automatically re-directs you. Also, try not to make yourself look like an idiot
I dont think so, because thats the link to the site for the download manager
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8