HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Water Phoenix Models - Warning 56K'ers  (Read 11702 times)

Frraksurred

• Team HL:S:HD
  • Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
Re: Water Phoenix Models - Warning 56K'ers
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 01:16:32 AM »

Agreed

HoHSilent

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 01:41:53 AM »

yeah but also i like this model and stuff and when the time has come i think it would make a great addon to the bonus pack.

Frraksurred

• Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2005, 05:37:48 AM »

Potentially, yes

flynia

• HLS-HD Team Member
  • Gonarch
  • EliTe HeAdCrAb!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2005, 05:50:26 AM »

It would have to wait though for Version2 though ;)

It's also pending team approval... as for if they don't meet team approval i may release them individually.

But this is far from decided yet and we all still have a lot to do with Version2.

Cheers flynia

Sgt Wilko

• Alien Grunt
  • HL:S:HD Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2005, 05:46:04 PM »

It's also pending team approval... as for if they don't meet team approval i may release them individually.

No. It waits EVEN if we do not use it. Once the pack has been released, do what you want. Until then, wait.

HoHSilent

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2005, 08:59:01 PM »

Sheesh man calm down. You must understand that i'm sure flynia doesn't spend every minute of his life, excluding 3 hours of sleep and 5 minute food breaks twice a day, working on this project. He himself said he enjoys converting them.  If he does he can, and your and anyone else for that matter is in no position to tell him he can't; it's not like he has hours that he has to work on hls:hd models does he? As long as he doesnt stop meeting the deadlines or doing his work for the team why dont you calm down and stop bothering/controlling everyone!?!?!?!

no offense but god...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 09:01:12 PM by HoHSilent »

James

• Throw THIS at THAT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gonarch
  • <3
    • View Profile
    • Resident Evil : Cold Blood
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2005, 09:04:13 PM »

Uh oh.... *Takes cover*

Sgt Wilko

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2005, 09:06:42 PM »

Sheesh man calm down. You must understand that i'm sure flynia doesn't spend every minute of his life, excluding 3 hours of sleep and 5 minute food breaks twice a day, working on this project. He himself said he enjoys converting them.  If he does he can, and your and anyone else for that matter is in no position to tell him he can't; it's not like he has hours that he has to work on hls:hd models does he? As long as he doesnt stop meeting the deadlines or doing his work for the team why dont you calm down and stop bothering/controlling everyone!?!?!?!

no offense but god...

Actually - I'm not going to keep quiet to you. Why should I?
I kept this mod alive - long before Flynia and Frraksurred came into the scene. If you'd stop worshipping Flynia for a second, you might see that he isn't the god you see him to be. Baracuda was having a melt-down as Barneyinblue was gone for over a month. Baracuda asked me to help him. I accepted, thinking that I'd have fun all the way. All I have faced is shit from people like you. I work for days doing ragdoll and I get people moaning that I'm not doing it fast enough. So I work through them to release a few models. Then what do I get? People moaning that the ragdoll wasn't good enough. Now you're moaning that I'm doing to much. Let me ask you this - what the fuck am I meant to do then? I've had enough of it. I asked Frraksurred to become leader to sort things out. He didn't. Instead he just keeps making things worse for me and Barneyinblue.

If I hadn't stood up to all the crap thrown at me - this mod wouldn't be alive. So I feel that I'm entitled to ask a few fucking requests thankyou very much.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 09:26:05 PM by Sgt Wilko »

flynia

• HLS-HD Team Member
  • Gonarch
  • EliTe HeAdCrAb!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2005, 09:46:51 PM »

Ok thanks guys I think... You both have good points.

Wilko is right he did keep this mod alive and on track. He is responsible for one of the most important aspects of this mod IMO and we need to realise and respect that :) I for one take my hat off to him... the Ragdoll for these models is a complete and utter nightmare :(. He also has a valid point that their are more to this mod than me and Frraksurred. While we are the public face of the team their are a lot of people working behind the scenes... these include Wilko, Romka, Belsi and Barneyinblue to name but a few. We also appreciate the levels the community has gone to help and assist us with this mod.

Hohsilent is right as well... Most of my free time is taken up with this mod... yes I do like converting models :) I won't deny that... I often use it as a pick me up when im feeling down or stuck at a dead end with another bug... in this case it was a mix of the player.mdl bug we have been having and the barnacle that dips his toungue through the roof during the "office complex" level.

Nobody here controls my actions either people ok  :-[ We all have duties and responsibilites to this mod. I'm not going to release these prior to the official launch of Version2 of the pack. So no more PM asking for them ok :P... please!!!!

Now lets bring this back on topic...

*Ducks for cover as he goes :P*

Cheers flynia

Sheesh man calm down. You must understand that i'm sure flynia doesn't spend every minute of his life, excluding 3 hours of sleep and 5 minute food breaks twice a day, working on this project. He himself said he enjoys converting them. If he does he can, and your and anyone else for that matter is in no position to tell him he can't; it's not like he has hours that he has to work on hls:hd models does he? As long as he doesnt stop meeting the deadlines or doing his work for the team why dont you calm down and stop bothering/controlling everyone!?!?!?!

no offense but god...

Actually - I'm not going to keep quiet to you. Why should I?
I kept this mod alive - long before Flynia and Frraksurred came into the scene. If you'd stop worshipping Flynia for a second, you might see that he isn't the god you see him to be. Baracuda was having a melt-down as Barneyinblue was gone for over a month. Baracuda asked me to help him. I accepted, thinking that I'd have fun all the way. All I have faced is shit from people like you. I work for days doing ragdoll and I get people moaning that I'm not doing it fast enough. So I work through them to release a few models. Then what do I get? People moaning that the ragdoll wasn't good enough. Now you're moaning that I'm doing to much. Let me ask you this - what the fuck am I meant to do then? I've had enough of it. I asked Frraksurred to become leader to sort things out. He didn't. Instead he just keeps making things worse for me and Barneyinblue.

If I hadn't stood up to all the crap thrown at me - this mod wouldn't be alive. So I feel that I'm entitled to ask a few fucking requests thankyou very much.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 12:23:56 AM by flynia »

Frostbite

• Today I've molested a...
  • Gonarch
  • Can't shake this feeling.
    • View Profile
    • Frostbite
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2005, 10:07:24 PM »

Ok thanks guys I think... You both have good points.

Wilko is right he did keep this mod alive and on track. He is responsible for one of the most important aspects of this mod IMO and we need to realise and respect that :) I for one take my hat off to him... the Ragdoll for these models is a complete and utter nightmare :(. He also has a valid point that their are more to this mod than me and Frraksurred. While we are the public face of the team their are a lot of people working behind the scenes... these include Wilko, Romka, Belsi and Barneyinblue to name but a few. We also appreciate the levels the community has gone to help and assist us with this mod.

Hohsilent is right as well... Most of my free time is taken up with this mod... yes I do like converting models :) I won't deny that... I often use it as a pick me up when im feeling down or stuck at a dead end with another bug... in this case it was a mix of the player.mdl bug we have been having and the barnacle that dips his toungue through the roof during the "office complex" level.

Nobody here controls my actions either people ok  :-[ We all have duties and responsibilites to this mod. I'm not going to release these prior to the official launch of Version2 of the pack. So no more PM asking for them ok :P... please!!!!

Now lets bring this back on topic...

Cheers flynia

ok...anyways i like the zombie though the grunts look a little weird =\

I sort of like slick and luther but ya...

Frraksurred

• Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2005, 06:39:28 AM »

I'm coming in on this discussion a little late from the looks of it, but before we get back on topic I'd like to say a few things.

Sgt Wilko has developed a little bit of a reputation on this forum for speaking his mind.  While I do not necessarily agree with the way he has handled every situation (as he does not agree with the way I have handled every situation), I have to stand up in his defence on this one.  The reason this man can be so prone to out breaks is that he has invested a great deal of time and energy into this project, yet received very little appreciation for it.  He gets to put up with all the criticism of his work as we, the administration end of this Team, subject him to public beta-testing.  As Flynia has stated, he and I are the face of this team, but Sgt Wilko, Barneyinblue and Romka were the workhorse of this Team long before Flynia and I came along.  With us doing so much of the PR, we seem to be the ones getting all the accolades, while Wilko and the rest of the Team go un-noticed except to critique their work.  How would you like to watch the public giving the marketing department all the credit for your work while you take all the crap?

It's easy to take a glance at a model and pick out it's flaws, but it's another thing to take a deeper look at a model and know the immense investment that has brought it this far.  You have to have some respect for that investment.  Flynia and myself do every thing we can for this project, but it is only because of the respect we have for the work that was done before we became a part of it.  We have done a lot, but our skills are not that of the unsung hero’s of this Team, if not for Wilko, Barneyinblue and Romka, there wouldn’t be much more to this pack then a few converted weapons, some normal maps and a lot of administration!  LOL!  You may not like how Sgt Wilko states his case, but put yourself in his shoes for a little while and see how it feels.

In this specific situation, Sgt Wilko was reminding Flynia of an agreement that was made concerning releases before the 2.0 release from some time ago (that even I needed a reminder of), he was not trying to "control" anyone.  I understand no one outside the Team knew that, but I also know that you need to get all the facts before you go accusing some one of wrong doing.

I have talked to Wilko about how he addresses the public, and he is putting forth an honest effort, even I can see that.  In return, lets try to show the guy a little respect, shall we?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 06:42:52 AM by Frraksurred »

Sgt Wilko

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2005, 06:33:23 PM »

Thankyou, Frraksurred.

halflifedave

• Converter
  • Gonarch
  • Greed
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2005, 01:26:38 AM »

meh it's just a simple reskin when you have the right shit for it as far as converting to HL Source goes (hell even I was able to do it  :o ). to save you all the trouble, I suppose I could just release the damn things (if everybody's fine with it)  ;)

VectorW8

• Local Fuckface
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2005, 01:46:44 AM »

There just need to be more team members for this mod. Shame there's not as many people needed that have the skills.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 01:48:33 AM by VectorW8 »

flynia

• HLS-HD Team Member
  • Gonarch
  • EliTe HeAdCrAb!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2005, 02:56:45 AM »

The models arn't for release yet.

They will possibly be part of the Bonus Pack... as yet though they are undecided.

Cheers flynia
Pages: 1 [2]