HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: [HL2] S-Mod  (Read 49946 times)

Cabbage Man

• Gargantua
  • I feel... happy...
    • View Profile
Re: A Half-Life 2 Mod: S-Mod
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2005, 08:39:56 AM »

Nah, something even better here. ;)

Nice video.

What command did you use to get the ragdolls to slide around so much?

phys_pushscale?

Ontopic:

I just discovered the kick, which wasn't in the previous version, the one I had.

Kicking around bodies = win.

JoshuaC

• Houndeye
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2005, 08:58:14 AM »

I made the video :) For those ragdolls type "exec ragdoll_funny" .

Aydin

• The full metal alchemist
  • DoC Development Team
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2005, 09:09:43 AM »

i am enjoying , playing this, the bonus level in water hazard is a mini episode called wheres my airboat, there is a buggy somewhere and you drive it, until you find the combine who have stolen it. also i got a real kick out of kicking alyx to deth than gibbing her

BGE

• Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2005, 11:44:06 AM »

Anyone else notice that you can eat gibs and raise your maximum health an indefinite amount? I hot to 350 health by kicking everybody I came by and pressing the use key on the gibs. Gordon makes the most of his enviroment, literally.

Tony_Freeman

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2005, 03:15:20 PM »

Best. Mod. Ever. Weapons are absolutely awesome, i laughed my ass off while pwning hordes of ravenholm zombies with Gordon's Magical Stick. :D
Strider cannon ftw though, desintegrates everything, even Striders themselves. ;D

|Rayne|

« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2005, 03:20:54 PM »

My favorite weapon has to be the shovel, just can't beat smacking a Combine SS over the head with a shovel and then kicking him across the room.

BigPalooka

• Used fists to take down a
  • Alien Grunt
  • Widdly Widdly Widdly
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2005, 04:44:39 AM »

Man , this mod owns , too bad multiplayer is buggy  ::).

Lai

• Witty AI Construct #217.
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2005, 12:45:04 AM »

I found this mod and it made me want to return FEAR, seriously. I hope they keep working on this, and I keep hearing about it. I grabbed a barrel, put it in front of me, and kicked it into a zombie in ravenholm, killing it. I also killed a zombie by kicking a headcrab into him. I've even kicked grenades into Combine's faces. It's ridiculously fun, but I haven't seen new enemies, except for stalkers and laser scanners. What jumping elites?

Hugebumm

• Demon of the Fall
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2005, 04:20:50 AM »

I found this mod and it made me want to return FEAR, seriously. I hope they keep working on this, and I keep hearing about it. I grabbed a barrel, put it in front of me, and kicked it into a zombie in ravenholm, killing it. I also killed a zombie by kicking a headcrab into him. I've even kicked grenades into Combine's faces. It's ridiculously fun, but I haven't seen new enemies, except for stalkers and laser scanners. What jumping elites?

the combine ace's, i belive u first encounter them in nova prospekt. Just to warn u.....they're fast

Grunt002

• AKA OverwatchTM
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2005, 05:04:49 AM »

I killed G-Man, and he's like a... combine.
Why? I don't know.

Aydin

• The full metal alchemist
  • DoC Development Team
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2005, 06:01:52 AM »

yeah, near a com station he was shooting me with the smg and on the coast i had encounters with barney and father grigori  ???

Gattles

• Sphincter says what?
  • Gargantua
  • Deadpool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2005, 07:31:30 AM »

I go postal on the trainstation level ;D I use impulse 101 and kill people with the shovel :D
PS: I finally got my Steam working ;D

Ancient ninja

• whats wrong with my helmet?
  • Alien Grunt
  • Think footman think!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2005, 10:19:38 AM »

I killed G-Man, and he's like a... combine.
Why? I don't know.
Pic for those who dont understand
Ha,i killed him too it was funny!  :D

[File not found]

BGE

• Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2005, 04:15:00 PM »

Found out another thing. If you want to play regular Half-Life 2 without the map additions (enemies, ect) but still want the engine enhancements, simply rename the "mapadd" in the Smod folder to something else (don't delete it!). Then play. When you want the map additions back, just rename the folder back to mapadd. Simple, eh?

your evil twin

• The Official Half-Life Guru
  • Gonarch
  • I eat Xen Crystals for breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Planet Half-Life
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2005, 04:21:57 PM »

I've just downloaded this mod. :)

I notice in the readme file there are console commands for randomising any weapons... but since I can't read Japanese, I couldn't really understand the instructions.  I see npc_randomize_enemies_weapon_min, and npc_randomize_enemies_weapon_max...  And there's all kinds of other interesting-sounding options... like enemies_useshield, enemies_weaponskill, bloodpool... I'd love an english guide!

Here's a question - are the new weapons (like the strider cannon, magical rod, laser gun, etc) found naturally lying around the game, or do you have to spawn them using cheats?

Also, I'm downloading the fakefactory cinematic mod (high res skins, new cinematic music, altered damage values)... I wonder if it will be compatiable with S-mod?  Guess I could try sticking some of the fakefacotry cinematic mod files into the s-mod folder and see what happens, hehe.

EDIT:
English installation help can be found here:

http://www.hlfallout.net/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t45971.html
http://forum.facepunchstudios.com/showthread.php?t=70774

Oh, cool tip about the map additions, BGE.  I wish that HL2: Substance had the option to play some maps with added enemies, but everything else remaining the same, so that you could play normal HL2 except with Combine Assassins/Snipers added.  But Substance screwed around with so many aspects of the game that it just didn't seem like HL2 to me anymore.

I love FEAR, and the fact that smod adds FEAR features is brilliant for me.  Plus, unlike in FEAR, I have the option to reduce the amount of blood (FEAR simply has extreme gore or no gore at all, nothing inbetween), which means I can show my girlfriend without totally grossing her out! :)  My girlfriend likes some computer games, but I think she'd think FEAR was too gruesome due to the huge sprays of blood.  smod's ammount of blood and likelyhood of gibbing enemies is adjustable. :)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 05:14:30 PM by your evil twin »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18