HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: [HL2] S-Mod  (Read 46894 times)

your evil twin

• The Official Half-Life Guru
  • Gonarch
  • I eat Xen Crystals for breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Planet Half-Life
Re: [HL2] S-Mod
« Reply #255 on: February 24, 2006, 09:39:34 PM »

Yeah, I changed the G-Man with an SMG into a stalker too!  :o  Did you read me mentioning that somewhere and copy the idea, or do great minds think alike? :)

I love SMOD but I have so little time, don't have time to try out all these updates. :(

Tsukai

• Kupo! (another furry ^_^)
  • Headcrab
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 24, 2006, 11:07:36 PM »

oh theres a new weapon O_o rice....i killed a few combines with it, the animations are hilarious but simple.

and how do i change g-man into a stalker? i know i have to use notepad but on which file?

jman94

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 27, 2006, 03:55:54 AM »

Can anyone tell me how to get those sexy bullet-trails I've seen in some screenshots?  I have a 7800 GT OC....I did exec performance_highspec...

Aydin

• The full metal alchemist
  • DoC Development Team
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 27, 2006, 05:06:45 AM »

It truly should be, maybe missing info could add them to the beta of nova prospekt

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • Gonarch
  • GE:S and Ballistic Weapons tester.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 27, 2006, 09:45:02 PM »

I think the commands are r_bullettimeeffects 1 and r_grenadeeffects 1, or 3, 3 makes all the grenades pretty.

Grunt002

• AKA OverwatchTM
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 12, 2006, 08:28:15 PM »

Yay! New update!
Also added a link to a smod guide by Vergeh.

Anton

• -
  • Gonarch
  • -
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #261 on: March 12, 2006, 08:29:12 PM »

Changelog? I want something to stare at ..

AishaCatgirl

• Gargantua
  • This is me I am a Dragoness
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 08, 2006, 11:23:59 AM »

I am so stuck on this mod. I finaly got it working after the latest version I downloaded but I am so stuck on the mini episode "Were is my boat" I am so fucking lost plz help.

Also bullet time stoped working for me and I fixed it by reinstalling and it worked fine then stoped. any ideas why? or an easyer way to fix it mabye?

Lurid

• I wonder where...my fish has gone?
  • Cookie Mastah!
  • Gonarch
  • oh?
    • View Profile
    • With Friends Like These
« Reply #263 on: April 08, 2006, 01:07:31 PM »

1. Just walk a bit on the map and you'll find a buggy, so you can quicker get around.
The boat is "hidden" up on some wood stuff, right after the buggy gets useless because of the water depth.

2. Make sure you have "sv_cheats 1" on

AishaCatgirl

• Gargantua
  • This is me I am a Dragoness
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 08, 2006, 02:20:30 PM »

lol also remeber that you have to shoot those explodive barrals to make the I beams fall and kick the gate open ^_^

I went back and hit them just to see them go boom and was like "YAY!! barrels go boom....... hey theye opend the gate...... >.<"

:P

your evil twin

• The Official Half-Life Guru
  • Gonarch
  • I eat Xen Crystals for breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Planet Half-Life
« Reply #265 on: April 10, 2006, 01:52:36 PM »

There has been another update: 36b. http://www.geocities.jp/faster_down/smod_bak/file/smod36b_diff.zip

It adds a new weapon, the Singularity Generator (gravity bomb). It is a grenade that will stick to NPCs, and then create a distortion field that sucks all nearby physics objects towards, causing the NPCs to be killed by flying furniture and ragdoll bodies. If they aren't killed by flying objects, after a few seconds the grenade explodes in a small shockwave that sends objects flying, and it sometimes causes the NPC to be destroyed with an energy dissolve effect.

Another new feature is player pain sounds - to use it you have to enable the console command hl2_player_painfulvoice 1 and stick some correctly named pain sounds into a certain sound folder. On the SMOD forums you'll find people have released a Max Payne pain pack and a Blade (from SiN) pain pack. I'm using the Blade one myself, it is great.

You can also adjust the strength of soldier's energy shields with the commands csdurability_max and csdurability_min. And you can make it so that enemies that are dissolving after an energy blast will become weightless (like how they normally are in HL2) rather than normal ragdolls that drop to the ground. The command is ragdoll_dissolvephys 1. It doesn't quite work as well as in HL2 though, often you can't tell they are weightless because there is no force pushing them up like there is in regular HL2, but occasionally you will see them drift about a bit before exploding.

There is also the command npc_keepweapon 1, not sure what it does but I think it makes your friendly NPCs not pick up guns they find lying on the ground. I guess this could be useful since the NPCs don't really know which of the SMOD guns are "better" and you'll see them swap powerful sniper rifles for a grease gun or something. But it also means that if they find a powerful sniper rifle or laser gun they won't pick it up... so it is up to you whether you want to use it. But it is nice that the option is there. :)

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 11, 2006, 12:59:52 AM »

How do you make the decals stay in Smod? Did the new patch disable it? It is kind of annoying when you kick a body and the blood trails "run" away from you.

LEDHED

• Very Lazy
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 12, 2006, 01:48:06 PM »

never happened to me, probably not an smod problem.

Anton

• -
  • Gonarch
  • -
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #268 on: April 12, 2006, 02:40:18 PM »

Isn't it just the good old max decals limit?

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 15, 2006, 07:42:48 PM »

Err.. Does anybody know how to download off of the site? The model hacks and sounds, not the actual S-MOD files. I always come up with a page that gives me two choices, one of which closes my browser.
Edit: I got frustrated and clicked all the translator buttons and it started downloading... :P
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 07:49:07 PM by Sergeant Kelly »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]