HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Possible Shotgun and Pistol Problem (Name changed again)  (Read 6338 times)

Dave_5430

• Snark
    • View Profile
Possible Shotgun and Pistol Problem (Name changed again)
« on: January 28, 2006, 12:53:17 PM »

As stated down, I will post all bugs I find!

flynia edit:- Decided to give this one a more meaningfull name... hope thats ok :)
« Last Edit: February 04, 2006, 06:36:32 AM by flynia »

Dave_5430

• Snark
    • View Profile
9 mm placed wrong + shotgun late animation
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2006, 01:08:48 PM »

Also seen: The 9mm model seems a BIT to far to the right and up since the bullet casings come out from the outside -_-

Also shotgun shells come out rather early. I have no idea if this always was there

yet again I am using version 1 I still do not have any idea if this has been fixed!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 01:17:41 PM by Dave_5430 »

Dave_5430

• Snark
    • View Profile
Re: shotgun late pump animation + 9mm placed wrong, non mayor though
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 01:24:06 PM »

Before i forgot off topic, the fall death sound is missing, something like bonebreak.wav or bonecrack.wav`

*edit*
Failed to load sound "physics/flesh/flesh_break1.wav"

Also, in office complex, the sounds of the first zombie smashing everything in the storage room <because he cant get out> are missing!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 01:28:31 PM by Dave_5430 »

flynia

• HLS-HD Team Member
  • Gonarch
  • EliTe HeAdCrAb!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 01:27:57 PM »

Before i forgot off topic, the fall death sound is missing, something like bonebreak.wav or bonecrack.wav`

*edit*
Failed to load sound "physics/flesh/flesh_break1.wav"

This may have to do with the Player.mdl as this would control the sounds for that situation :)... I think ;)

To my knowledge the weapon models have not been touched... well at least none of the animations etc.

I'll have a run through and see if they seem too slow/fast and see what I can come up with.

Lastly... I have removed a few of the messages. Hope you don't mind as I don't wantcha getting in trouble for posting to quickly. Remember that their is a MODIFY POST option as well.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 01:30:23 PM by flynia »

Dave_5430

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 01:30:05 PM »

Thank you, I'm updating while I'm walking through the game so I might as well call this: BUGS I FOUND -_-'

flynia

• HLS-HD Team Member
  • Gonarch
  • EliTe HeAdCrAb!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 01:31:33 PM »

I'd also check here too:

http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?topic=2434.0

This contains a known list of bugs which should save some time for you as well.

Dave_5430

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 01:32:54 PM »

Maybe in office complex with the room full of water you could make the water pooring out of the sink to look a bit more like the water already there...
And as for the guy that mentioned that the lamp's bolts aren't visible, it is *Other topic but still...*

And yes I have seen that and I have read all 9 pages, but I don't really recall any of this, sorry if it IS there.

Dave_5430

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 01:40:28 PM »

Hmm if what I am doing is against any rules just tap me on my back so I pay attention and if I still break any rules after that hit me when im turning around...

Anywayz, I found a small bug with the soda cans, they sometimes aren't pickup able! I think this falls under the section clipping but the can models aren't modified so there has to be something wrong with source...

And I am not saying these bugs are caused by YOUR pack im just dumping alot of bugs I encounter so maybe you can have a look at it! Sorry if also THAT is against the rules.

flynia

• HLS-HD Team Member
  • Gonarch
  • EliTe HeAdCrAb!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2006, 01:44:28 PM »

Maybe in office complex with the room full of water you could make the water pooring out of the sink to look a bit more like the water already there...

The water texture appears fine to mine... thats until i turn the "flashlight" on... I'm not sure that we will be able to fix this one as I'm sure this is the way Valve have done it.

As you can see:

As for the weapon models themselves... to me the shotgun and the beretta appears fine. Although i am using the 2.0 BETA that has been released internally within the team... unfortunatly its no longer avaliable.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 01:48:07 PM by flynia »

Dave_5430

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2006, 01:48:45 PM »

You beat me too it -_-

p.s. where, is the gdn remove button -_-
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 01:51:34 PM by Dave_5430 »

flynia

• HLS-HD Team Member
  • Gonarch
  • EliTe HeAdCrAb!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2006, 01:53:39 PM »

Anywayz, I found a small bug with the soda cans, they sometimes aren't pickup able! I think this falls under the section clipping but the can models aren't modified so there has to be something wrong with source...

The Soda cans should be fine as they were un-touched by the mod... We only added custom ones recently and they are part of the HLSHD Beta 2.

Dave_5430

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2006, 01:56:51 PM »

The water texture appears fine to mine... thats until i turn the "flashlight" on... I'm not sure that we will be able to fix this one as I'm sure this is the way Valve have done it.

It's like that if you have the flashlight on, even if yoru not pointing at it but close enough... so maybe it's just a glitch? O_o

And if you think THAT is weird, check this out! This is a more clearer image of the death stand bug cause the other one you only saw a scientists face so he could have been leaning in the corner, looks like the ragdolss aren't 100 %!

And here is the new catapult for gmod, no jk, it's the ladder, if you climb up and jump on the last moment it launches you sky high, it never happend to me before

*edit* found another bug a bit further in office complex after you got out of the fridge part, when you enter the door and see the glass bridge, turn around and u will see a texture on the wrong place, never seen it

Here is another nice one, some models seem to have the wrong animations so they are off just 2 mm or so, not that you will notice it unless you use noclip or find a way around to get somewhere faster but the standing death animation is a bit lame, jus like this one

« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 03:11:28 PM by Dave_5430 »

HoHSilent

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: bugs I found (topic name changed)
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2006, 10:38:40 PM »

about the water, do you guys remember the scientist glasses that turned opaque when the flashlight was shined on them, it sounds awefully similar to the water issue. what im getting at is...same solution?

Barnz

• French Fries
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2006, 10:40:06 PM »

OMG there are too many bugs in this pack. We better delete everything we've created for this pack...

HoHSilent

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2006, 10:51:15 PM »

uh..?
Pages: [1] 2