HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Both Camo Grunts  (Read 1788 times)

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • Gonarch
  • GE:S and Ballistic Weapons tester.
    • View Profile
Both Camo Grunts
« on: June 19, 2005, 04:40:49 PM »

Why not add both types of camo to the grunts in HL:E? For example, put urban camo on the grunts posted inside the base and desert camo on the grunts posted outside the base.

It would work a lot better than having to have loads of desert camo grunts sticking out in the Lambda labs and having urban grunts working outside the base.  It would be easy to do, too, just make a seperate grunt model that has desert camo and replace the outdoor grunts with it. It would solve that problem on which camo to use, and make things a little more orderly.

Seb

• USAF chief of staff, retired
  • Headcrab
  • I AM YOUR FATHER
    • View Profile
Re: Both Camo Grunts
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 08:13:43 PM »

If you want to keep the half-life look, go for urban the whole way. If you want realism, go for desert the whole way. While a mix would look good, it may look silly if there's a mix of urban and desert in one area (eg: Questionable Ethics). I say go for desert, as urban camo is next to useless.

Ancient ninja

• whats wrong with my helmet?
  • Alien Grunt
  • Think footman think!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 05:12:17 PM »

Why not add both types of camo to the grunts in HL:E? For example, put urban camo on the grunts posted inside the base and desert camo on the grunts posted outside the base.

It would work a lot better than having to have loads of desert camo grunts sticking out in the Lambda labs and having urban grunts working outside the base.  It would be easy to do, too, just make a seperate grunt model that has desert camo and replace the outdoor grunts with it. It would solve that problem on which camo to use, and make things a little more orderly.
Hey nice idea! ;)

Mikhail

• U.B.C.S
  • Alien Grunt
  • Peek a boo! YOU'RE dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2005, 12:31:08 AM »

I think desert aswell would be the camo of choice,as for the type of desert camo well lets see have life came out in 1998 so the chocalte chip pattern like the kind used in desert storm.
I think your idea was also cool about both camos,but desert makes more since,oh wait since we cant agree on the two we can go a slight hkaki color,maybe? :D