Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 15, 2018, 02:39:49 PM

:    
HIT Forums  |  Community Projects  |  Resident Evil: Cold Blood  |  Suggestions (Moderators: Ackart, James)  |  Topic: Inventory Limits 0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Inventory Limits  ( 7660 )
redhood
You suck at the internet
Administrator
Alien Grunt

: 310

« #15 : March 24, 2006, 08:37:28 PM »

The variety of melee weapons is a must considering Coldblood sorta themes itself around average citizens, during an outbreak, that use impromptu weapons to defend themselves. The melee weapons could use more tuning although. Making each one have more distinguished strengths and weaknesses over one another. For instance, the golf club would deal the least amont of damage but has a further reach, the pipe has a medium distance with a strong blow (possible a secondary attack that knocks the zombies down) and the knife having the smallest distance with medium damage.

I don't know what the damage differences are now but it seems the amount of hits to kill a zombie are always about the same. If you're going to have multiple melee weapons then there needs to be more tuning with the distance and strength of attacks. If there isn't any significant difference then multiple weapons aren't really needed because it's just unfunctional variety and seems like they are just there to avoid the weapon selection becoming dull (but they do set the theme).
« : March 24, 2006, 08:42:43 PM redhood »

James
Throw THIS at THAT!
Global Moderator
Gonarch

: 3663

<3

« #16 : March 24, 2006, 08:53:55 PM »

The slower the melee weapon swings, the more damage it does.
redhood
You suck at the internet
Administrator
Alien Grunt

: 310

« #17 : March 24, 2006, 09:10:17 PM »

Brainfart. I forgot all about the speed versus damage.

Anaxis
ShitSlinger
Houndeye

: 61

Dear God

« #18 : March 25, 2006, 10:49:46 PM »

Also, Can you create a way to drop ammo you pick up for guns you don't have? It's just annoying when you or somebody else accidentally picks up shotgun shells and the guy behind you has the empty shotgun.

Wouldn't it be a better idea to make it so players can't pickup ammo for weapons they don't have (as suggested by Lurid) rather than adding in a drop ammo command? Chances are players are going to be greedy and not drop the ammo, in hopes of finding the weapon they just found the ammo for, later on.

Er, hope that makes some crazy sense.

Waff
Aydin
The full metal alchemist
DoC Development Team
Gonarch

: 3082

« #19 : March 25, 2006, 11:08:14 PM »

limiting it to one melee weapon is a great idea because i have a tendency to accidently walk over hammers and melee weapons and ruin it for others, maybe yous could add ammo caches or lockers, where its possible for each player to take one gun and half or quarter of the total ammo count
CZERW
Houndeye

: 66

« #20 : March 26, 2006, 12:03:41 AM »

Wouldn't it be a better idea to make it so players can't pickup ammo for weapons they don't have (as suggested by Lurid) rather than adding in a drop ammo command? Chances are players are going to be greedy and not drop the ammo, in hopes of finding the weapon they just found the ammo for, later on.

Er, hope that makes some crazy sense.

This is rather unrealistic, somtimes you dont know what ammo will be needed later, and without option that allow you to exchange ammunition game colud be really annoying in some situations. In original outbreak you can exchange ammo, besides this is coop game, so players should actually cooperate... if no, they will die, just like in reality.

Sorry for my english.
Anaxis
ShitSlinger
Houndeye

: 61

Dear God

« #21 : March 26, 2006, 12:31:19 AM »

You also have to consider that in Outbreak you were able to loot a players corpse if they decided to be selfish and not work with the team...and therefore go off and die. Now, if there was a loot corpse feature implemented into RECB then I'd say, yes make it to where you can drop ammo. The thing is, the ability to loot corpses hasn't been decided yet and the idea of a weight system seems more feasible. I'd rather you can't pickup ammo for weapons you don't have to prevent ammo whores, so it makes the game less frustrating and more fun to play whether it be realistic or not. It'd still require some amount of teamwork to tell or show your teammate where the ammo is, the ability to chat isn't just for spamming "lol stol yer mentos" ya know.

Once again, I hope that makes sense.

Waff
Gattles
Sphincter says what?
Gargantua

: 657

Deadpool!

« #22 : March 30, 2006, 06:30:43 PM »

Pressing the use key would help as well, so for instance you and another player are looking for some ammo, and you come across 2 clips, and, so you can share it, pressing use once would pick up one, so you don't pick both up when you walk over them.
It also slows down stupid ammo hoarders ;)

James
Throw THIS at THAT!
Global Moderator
Gonarch

: 3663

<3

« #23 : March 30, 2006, 07:29:07 PM »

Nice idea, Gattles =]
: 1 [2]  
HIT Forums  |  Community Projects  |  Resident Evil: Cold Blood  |  Suggestions (Moderators: Ackart, James)  |  Topic: Inventory Limits « previous next »
: