HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HD Player Models  (Read 6550 times)

Broadus

• Don't throw a baby at anything!
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
HD Player Models
« on: March 21, 2006, 08:28:37 AM »

Y'know, several months ago, I'd requested a whole mess of high-definition models for Half-Life 1 and Opposing Force multiplayer. When the whole thing was about finished, a fellow with a Kermit the Frog avatar (Frraksurred, I'm pretty sure) had said that these could be used for the HL:S HD pack or whatever.
In fact, he had said:
"When HLDM:S is released, I may be interested in converting several of these to Source for use in the HLDM:S:HD pack we will eventually want to put together. How would you feel about that Marphy?"

So, here's the link for the HD models: http://www.hl-improvement.com/forums/index.php?topic=4532.0 Tada. Hooray.
Though the majority of those models weren't converted by Marphy, so I'm not sure what you guys will do on permission. ... I didn't get permission from a whole bunch of people. I mean, besides the credits I gave to everyone that converted models, submitted models or just made models that were later converted and submitted, I pretty much broke like two or three copyright laws or something, I'm sure.
Anyway, there they are. MONTHS after they were finished. I'm not sure if Frraksurred even wants them anymore, but if he does, he's in luck! Otherwise, there's no luck for anyone and everyone will have to choke on their dirty lies! Or so I'd imagine.

I don't own Half-Life: Source, but I've checked out a whole lot of the screenshots of the models included in HL:S:HD, and I've never even seen a lot of those models in HD for HL1. There was an HD version of that one futuristic gun with the backpack that blows everything away and eats ammo like it's free. It would probably be too much trouble, but you guys should do something like make a HL1:HD pack or something. It'd be nice to get the best of the best all in one pack, rather than having to scope everything out.

Frraksurred

• Team HL:S:HD
  • Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
Re: HD Player Models
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 02:51:54 PM »

Thanks for the link, quite helpful.

I always seek permission before I convert a model, even though the model  may never make the final cut.  We go through a few different "evaluation" processes around here and look at a multitude of candidates for potential inclusion in the pack.  It's just smarter for use to know we will have permission to use something before we go to all the work of converting it.

Anyway, I appreciate the contribution.

Broadus

• Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 08:27:55 PM »

... Okey dokey.
You have good morals! And a keen awareness of the law, to boot!
I arrogantly just got some models and asked anyone that would to convert them to player models for me. I know I probably should've asked the original creators of the converted monster models if their models could be converted, but... all those e-mails and all the waiting time... Horrors abound!
The only defense I have is that I included the credits of the original creators (if I knew they were the original creators). Luckily, the majority of those models were already converted when they were given to me, but some others were done by Marphy Black. That guy kicks ass, by the way.

Freejam

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 10:41:23 PM »

Frraksurred

• Team HL:S:HD
  • Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 03:11:58 PM »

It's probably dead because it's 3.5 years old.  You might try contacting Broadus directly.  Since it is not a HL:S: HD release we have no control over it.

Freejam

• Snark
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 11:49:53 PM »

Broadus not have this pak now.Possibly for whom that remained.Therefore wrote here.