Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
October 20, 2018, 04:44:57 PM

:    
HIT Forums  |  Community Projects  |  Resident Evil: Cold Blood  |  Suggestions (Moderators: Ackart, James)  |  Topic: better AI zombies 0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: better AI zombies  ( 5006 )
imkongkong
Snark

: 10

« : April 04, 2006, 07:53:02 PM »

they just stand there =o why not let them walk around the map and if a player comes into their sights they come at them instead of standing still and shooting their head off from far away? nothing scary about that =o

and some of the zombies are too slow and easily killed.  i think you should make a variation of zombies, have some slow and some fast ones that run at you.  i think it would be much fun instead of seeing the zombie far away to let them suddenly jump out in your face, that would be much scarier than OH 50 feet away! i'll kill em
Ruski
Sneaky Russian
Houndeye

: 60

Sleep, now, please?!

« #1 : April 04, 2006, 08:16:55 PM »

I understand your point, but what i think was intended is that, there are a few players in the map and few weapons/resources, therefore usually resorting to melee combat, people usually run out of ammo or spent to much time wasting it on creatures that are easily killed with a knife
Maybe more zombies and the baility for them to "mob" you
 :)
James
Throw THIS at THAT!
Global Moderator
Gonarch

: 3663

<3

« #2 : April 04, 2006, 08:35:59 PM »

What, you think we did that shit intentionally?
Ruski
Sneaky Russian
Houndeye

Sleep, now, please?!

« #3 : April 04, 2006, 08:47:44 PM »

Well, thats what i thought was intended, clearly not then.
iNDIANA
RECB Team
Snark

: 21

Graphic Design

« #4 : April 04, 2006, 08:57:38 PM »

Yeah. The HL Ai isn't very forgiving. The things you describe are a lot harder than it seems. Trust me.

James
Throw THIS at THAT!
Global Moderator
Gonarch

: 3663

<3

« #5 : April 04, 2006, 09:09:43 PM »

Well, thats what i thought was intended, clearly not then.

My message was directed at imkongkong, not you D=
Ruski
Sneaky Russian
Houndeye

Sleep, now, please?!

« #6 : April 04, 2006, 09:11:53 PM »

forget what i said then  ;)
-l0d1z-
Das √úberstein
Vortigaunt

: 104

:.:::.:::.:::.::.::..::

« #7 : April 04, 2006, 09:42:09 PM »

an odd thing I've found out when messing around with models is that depending on what models you use and what type off animations or somesuch, the AI could get worse or better, an example, I was messing around with Heart Of Evil and I switched the original Kophyeager model with an hunter model from sven coop and then suddenly, the AI was improved ( well not really ), and it now moved faster jumped higher and was more leathal, it even reacted faster, same thing happend when I messed around with ruMel's zombie models from his mod Afrain of Monsters, becuse without messing with the code they now runned much faster.... well the point is it's not always the AI's fault, it can be the model ( or animation, or maybe it's the animation setting in the .qc file ).... well well, hope it helps or something, can't wait for a new update :D

=============
=============---I am a ninja !!
      ()           ()
=============
=============
--===========--
CZERW
Houndeye

: 66

« #8 : April 04, 2006, 10:23:55 PM »

mhm, for eg walking speed for a monster is determined by the framerate of the model's animation which can be set in .qc

and yes, zombies are too easy. In re3, when zombie comes really near you, he becomes faster for a while, adding this would make them more dangerous.Or it can be done by.. decreasing player speed, this should also solve the half lifelike melee zombie fighting problem (you know, atack, step back, wait, atack...) which is good because in re, killing zombies with knife wasnt so easy.
« : April 04, 2006, 10:30:02 PM CZERW »

Sorry for my english.
Ruski
Sneaky Russian
Houndeye

Sleep, now, please?!

« #9 : April 04, 2006, 11:01:13 PM »

i like the idea for the faster moving near the player like in Re3 nemesis. but the problem still lies for the melee combat.
maybe if you crouch and attack the legs they go down quicker like in the RE series
Anton
-
Gonarch

: 2031

-

« #10 : April 04, 2006, 11:15:26 PM »

Let the bastards roam nodes. that isnt impossible!

Shoot_me
RECB -MAPPER-
RECB Team
Houndeye

: 81

Mapping some more

« #11 : April 06, 2006, 06:10:38 AM »

I just want zombies that DON'T stay down.  Sure, you can headshoot them,  but from any other injury, I wish they'd just get back up and run that much faster.  :P
Aydin
The full metal alchemist
DoC Development Team
Gonarch

: 3082

« #12 : April 09, 2006, 02:46:14 PM »

I think the zombie a.i. is fine, the hunters need to be improved more so, I do the same thing i do in re with the zombies and avoid them only fighting if i have to, to conserve ammo, I was also thinking the hunters could do that one hit kill move they do and slice off the players head if you get too close for too long.
« : April 09, 2006, 02:47:56 PM Aydin »
: [1]  
HIT Forums  |  Community Projects  |  Resident Evil: Cold Blood  |  Suggestions (Moderators: Ackart, James)  |  Topic: better AI zombies « previous next »
: