Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
May 27, 2018, 02:30:52 AM

:    
HIT Forums  |  Community Projects  |  Resident Evil: Cold Blood  |  Suggestions (Moderators: Ackart, James)  |  Topic: Tweak the respawn system 0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Tweak the respawn system  ( 3520 )
chubby
Alien Grunt

: 283

« : May 05, 2006, 09:39:18 PM »

I know this thread will dissapear very fast, but hear me out please.

*clears throat*
I like many do not like this respawn system AKA no respawning, BUT the concept is very well thought out: keeping players together so they don't die. I admire your idea, but you should allow respawning with a twist: a 30 second penalty before respawning. Now before you think this is another "zomg no respawn change it" thread, think about it. In a game 30 seconds is a very long time it will keep players working together but loose enough to not to reconnect. The no respawn system is turning this mod off to the common Half-life player. With your no respawn system people will just reconnnect and think it is a hassle. Thus turning people away from your very well executed mod. I know this because it is exactly what I did when I played this mod. If you really want to keep your no respawn "feature" you should make it a server variable. I am writing this because I love this mod, and I want it to be the first successful Resident Evil Mod, but the system really ruins the experiance. I get sucked into the atmosphere and all of a sudden I have to reconnect. It is a pain.

But remember this ony a suggestion, but it is a suggestion from a very dedicated fan of this mod.
« : May 05, 2006, 09:41:00 PM chubby »

Minuit talking about RE:CB

Yes, we've spent an entire year adding nothing new.
User with the dancing badger
HIT's Resident Programmer.
Gonarch

: 1267

~= Master Of Mess =~

« #1 : May 05, 2006, 10:06:53 PM »

I'll take your suggestion, and raise you by 10 seconds. I agree with you, but I think the time should be a little longer.
« : May 05, 2006, 10:09:08 PM yngndrw »

http://yngndrw.hostilezone.net/images/sig/
 [ Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2x 3.5GHz (Water Cooled) | Corsair XMS 2x 1GB PC2-8500 | EVGA 9800GX2 1024MB ]
 [ Intel Core Duo @ 2x 2.0GHz | Corsair 2x 1GB PC2-5300 | 7600GT 256MB ]
Volgin
Thunderbolt
Gargantua

: 640

The Gay Colonel

« #2 : May 05, 2006, 10:11:11 PM »

*cough* Ink Ribbon *cough*

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6558/sig2nh8.jpg
Some stories can't be told by words, some legends are meant to die, some bloodlines must come an end.
chubby
Alien Grunt

« #3 : May 05, 2006, 11:13:33 PM »

Yeah, but the ink ribbon can be exploited by reconnecting. They would be put to better use as a server variable. The respawn system is the only thing keeping this from bieng a very popular mod.

Volgin
Thunderbolt
Gargantua

: 640

The Gay Colonel

« #4 : May 05, 2006, 11:27:21 PM »

Okay, let me say this: How about the "Retry? Yes- No-, continue from checkpoint-" If you just choose yes or no, you will begin the whole game again (no items, no nothing), if you choose continue from the checkpoint that will require a Ink Rinbbon.

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/6558/sig2nh8.jpg
Some stories can't be told by words, some legends are meant to die, some bloodlines must come an end.
James
Throw THIS at THAT!
Global Moderator
Gonarch

: 3663

<3

« #5 : May 06, 2006, 06:38:33 AM »

Well, if the time likes this idea, we could set it so that players either stay dead, have to use an Ink Ribbon, or have to wait a certain amount of time to respawn, depending on what the server admin wants to use?
Shoot_me
RECB -MAPPER-
RECB Team
Houndeye

: 81

Mapping some more

« #6 : May 06, 2006, 06:50:18 AM »

What about different server modes to do that?

An Action mode where you respawn after a set amount of time, certain weapons either respawn or can be picked up again (BB style) once you respawn.

RE style where you can only respawn if you have either collected an ink ribbon or still have the first one you get when you start the game while everything else (weapons/items/ammo) are unchanged.

Horror style where you get one try and that's it. 

As far as respawning goes, I'm thinking about trying something that will prevent people from reconnecting to the server to "cheat" the current and future spawning systems.  Basically, once everyone hits the halfway mark I'll have all the spawning points moved (or manip the room they're in) to prevent people from reconnecting to continue playing.  But, that's only an idea.
chubby
Alien Grunt

« #7 : May 06, 2006, 06:20:06 PM »

Well, if the time likes this idea, we could set it so that players either stay dead, have to use an Ink Ribbon, or have to wait a certain amount of time to respawn, depending on what the server admin wants to use?
Exactly! That is exactly what I was thinking! If you did that this mod would become insanely popular.(Everybody loves resident evil and coop).

: [1]  
HIT Forums  |  Community Projects  |  Resident Evil: Cold Blood  |  Suggestions (Moderators: Ackart, James)  |  Topic: Tweak the respawn system « previous next »
: