HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 44

Author Topic: [HL2] SMOD Remastered  (Read 160270 times)

Onemanshow47

• SMOD: Redux Creator
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: [HL2] SMOD Remastered
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2006, 02:02:19 AM »

uhh, i have a problem, my third person show no model, just a floating gun..... anyone know what may be the problem?
That happened to me only when i had my model detail set on medium, So try turning your model detail to high.

leonskey

• but, im a huggable combine.... Love me!!!!
  • Vortigaunt
  • .."Can you show me the nookie?" *Slap*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2006, 02:19:31 AM »

...my model detail is usualy mediem, so ill try.

Sufferin-Rebel

• Universal Sneaker :)
  • Houndeye
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2006, 02:42:12 AM »

youreviltwin, I would love to know if you put any new commands we can use to make our SMOD experience even funer :0

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • Gonarch
  • GE:S and Ballistic Weapons tester.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2006, 02:52:42 AM »

Hooray! I got back from my Memorial Day vacation just in time! :)
Has the noclip bug been fixed? Or does third-person view still disable it?
I love the new music and weapons.

Though do you know the mp5 has incorrect ironsights?

Edit: Has anybody else had trouble getting the first level to work? Mine works in regular HL2 but not in Smod.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 05:50:53 AM by Sergeant Kelly »

chubby

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2006, 03:01:56 AM »

If you use third person your model detail needs to be on high.

BGE

• Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2006, 03:19:00 AM »

Great mod!

Although I notice that some weapons don't appear in third person mode, and some like to dissapear randomly then reappear later.

BigBoss7556

• Alien Grunt
  • JC Denton - Supersoldier/Rogue Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2006, 03:22:13 AM »

Weapons like the Tau Cannon and Gravity Gun don't appear right in 3rd person mode. It doesn't matter to me much since I play in first person mode.

BTW: I really like the new slo-mo effects.

leonskey

• but, im a huggable combine.... Love me!!!!
  • Vortigaunt
  • .."Can you show me the nookie?" *Slap*
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2006, 03:53:38 AM »

yeah, the high model thing fixed it.

i also dont like the gordon model.
im not a huge fan of gordon. :-\ always liked barney and adrian better, i aws wondering if there were a chance for optional different playermodels in the future?

in the meantime..... ill ask in the requests forum if someone could convert a css Sas to it for me. (i found a skin to make him look like adrian shepard)
 ;)

TheInternetS

• *Insert witty comment here*
  • Alien Grunt
  • Adrian Shepard fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2006, 04:02:45 AM »

Adrian would rock! :o I second this request.

PS: Anyone else get a wierd bug were you can use noclip at all?

Onemanshow47

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2006, 04:15:31 AM »

Here's the current changelog of my mod of this mod that i call SMOD Remastered:Onemanshow47 editon (Can't think of a better name)

Gameplay Tweaks
-Player bullets near instant-hit speeds in bullet time now, No more NPCs dodging your bullets.
-More realistic damage.
-Bullet Time a bit slower.
-Other minor things.

Weapon Tweaks\Fixes
-Weapons given more proper names.
-Magazine sizes, firing rates and power now close to real life counterparts
-weapon_custom1 (Glock 18) W model now works with NPCs and has been given to some Citizens and CPs
-weapon_custom3 (HK HMG3) Has a V and W model and some Combine soldiers later in the game have it. (Note the W model is a placeholder due to no true w model for it)
-Grease Gun is now the UMP-45 from Counterstrike: Source.
-Fixed some weapons ironsights, And gave ironsights to some weapons that didn't have them.
-Fixed MP5 W model by wonrz.
-Fixed the W models on the Tau Cannon and Gravity Gun.
-Alternate player models: Adrian Shepard (Using the Combine_f_soldier model in the mod) And Barney

Note that some of these things are not done yet but there getting there.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 05:19:50 AM by Onemanshow47 »

TheInternetS

• *Insert witty comment here*
  • Alien Grunt
  • Adrian Shepard fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2006, 04:20:31 AM »

Wewt :D

Changes look good so far.

gtaiiilc

• web comic addict
  • Retard
  • Alien Grunt
  • th3r3 is no such thing as e th3r3s only 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2006, 06:04:13 AM »

how can I turn off the zoom and blur it crashes my game. :'(
ps can some one reskin weapon_custom1 so it looks more like the hl1 one(like the green dots)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 06:06:24 AM by gtaiiilc »

your evil twin

• The Official Half-Life Guru
  • Gonarch
  • I eat Xen Crystals for breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Planet Half-Life
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2006, 09:44:28 AM »

If your computer is not good enough for motionblur or lens zoom effects, then find the config file named "autoexec" in your SMOD/config folder, open it in a text editor (notepad, wordpad, whatever), and on the last line add the line:

exec screeneffect_off.cfg

Then see how your game works. If the game is still crashing, you can also try adding the line:

exec performance_recomm

and if you are STILL having problems, then your computer isn't good enough to handle Half-Life 2 with any improved special effects at all, in which case you'll have to use:

exec performance_highperf

which disables all the special effects. But if your computer is that low powered there's a chance of the game crashing due to the sheer number of enemies and stuff going on anyway.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Onemanshow47, once you've release your addon, may I incorporate half of those features into version 1.01 of SMOD: Remastered? :D In the readme file it would say "Version 1.0 by your evil twin, version 1.01 updates by Onemanshow47". I'll certainly want to include the fixes to the world models, the additional player models, the ironsights; I'd give the glock to resistance members, but not the Civil Protection forces. Also I did plan on giving the HK HMG3 to Combine soldiers late in the game but didn't precisely because I had no world model for it. I also might include that Grease Gun replacement (I didn't bother since I made the Grease Gun a cheat-only weapon, and there is nothing weird about a WW2 weapon in the game if it is a cheat weapon). Also might incoporate the changes to magazine sizes and fire-rates (but there is no way to change the firerates of some of the weapons, and I suspect that changing the firerate of the standard submachine gun will inadvertantly change the firerates of a number of the SMOD weapons).

I probably will not want to include the gameplay tweaks, since I LIKE enemies being able to dodge the player's bullets! It means that even though bullet-time gives you an advantage, you have to be skillful to kill enemies in bullet-time, since you have to lead your fire, shooting ahead of an enemy's path. Also, I purposely didn't use proper weapon names, since the various gun companies no longer exist in the Combine-controlled world: stuff like the Heckler and Koch MP5 is now mass-produced in a Combine factory, so no-one would be calling it a Heckler and Koch weapon anymore, and perhaps even the MP5 name would be dropped, it would be, I dunno, "Civil Protection Standard Sub-Machine Gun" or something (I decided to just call it 9mm Submachine Gun). Notice that I called the new MP7 "PDW (Personal Defense Weapon)", to differentiate it from the submachine gun - describing what the gun is, rather than giving a real-life name.

The exceptions were the OICW - since I can't think of any way to describe an OICW except as an Objective Individual Combat Weapon, though now I think I should have called it Overwatch Individual Combat Weapon! - and the AK-47, since it is a resistance only weapon and the resistance members might still call it by its old name. Also, it is the most recognisable gun in the world and calling it a "Soviet Assault Rifle" in a game set long after the cold war would be a bit weird. Hmm, what would be the modern-day term for "Soviet"? I suppose I could have called it Russian Assault Rifle. Or since only the resistance uses it, the Resistance Assault Rifle.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 09:54:22 AM by your evil twin »

Onemanshow47

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2006, 10:57:46 AM »

Onemanshow47, once you've release your addon, may I incorporate half of those features into version 1.01 of SMOD: Remastered?

Yes, I don't mind at all and i would like that.

I probably will not want to include the gameplay tweaks, since I LIKE enemies being able to dodge the player's bullets! It means that even though bullet-time gives you an advantage, you have to be skillful to kill enemies in bullet-time, since you have to lead your fire, shooting ahead of an enemy's path. Also, I purposely didn't use proper weapon names, since the various gun companies no longer exist in the Combine-controlled world: stuff like the Heckler and Koch MP5 is now mass-produced in a Combine factory, so no-one would be calling it a Heckler and Koch weapon anymore, and perhaps even the MP5 name would be dropped, it would be, I dunno, "Civil Protection Standard Sub-Machine Gun" or something (I decided to just call it 9mm Submachine Gun). Notice that I called the new MP7 "PDW (Personal Defense Weapon)", to differentiate it from the submachine gun - describing what the gun is, rather than giving a real-life name.

Perhaps you can put the real weapon names and gameplay tweaks in a folder named "Addons" so people can have them if they want without needing to download 2 mods?

The exceptions were the OICW - since I can't think of any way to describe an OICW except as an Objective Individual Combat Weapon, though now I think I should have called it Overwatch Individual Combat Weapon! - and the AK-47, since it is a resistance only weapon and the resistance members might still call it by its old name. Also, it is the most recognisable gun in the world and calling it a "Soviet Assault Rifle" in a game set long after the cold war would be a bit weird. Hmm, what would be the modern-day term for "Soviet"? I suppose I could have called it Russian Assault Rifle. Or since only the resistance uses it, the Resistance Assault Rifle.

Funny, I have the OICW named "Overwatch Individual Combat Weapon" as it sounded more like what the combine would have named it, I also have the HMG3 named "Overwatch Support Weapon" as well, However i disagree about renaming the AK-47 as, Well as you said It's the most recognisable gun in the world and i doubt that the resistance or even the combine would call it by any other name then AK-47.

EDIT:I say give weapons that would now be produced by the combine(OICW, MP7, Pistol, and so on) the more combine style names, And the older weapons that would not be produced by the combine(AK-47, Kar98, Glock 18?, and so on) the real weapon names.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 11:17:27 AM by Onemanshow47 »

jack-wonrz

• Stomped by a Noble Prancing
  • Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2006, 11:40:40 AM »

If you haven't started working on that SAS model Onemanshow47, I can upload it to save you some work. It works in Smod and has vertex weights preserved.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 44