HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44

Author Topic: [HL2] SMOD Remastered  (Read 160269 times)

Onemanshow47

• SMOD: Redux Creator
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: [HL2] SMOD Remastered
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2006, 11:51:24 AM »

If you haven't started working on that SAS model Onemanshow47, I can upload it to save you some work. It works in Smod and has vertex weights preserved.
I was using the Combine_f_soldier model that was in SMOD: Remastered and got it to work:
But i still would like to use that SAS model so go ahead and upload it.
EDIT: Also wonrz, Is there any way you can make a w model to go along with the v_hmg model? I have to use a placeholder right now due to no proper w model for it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 11:59:19 AM by Onemanshow47 »

jack-wonrz

• Stomped by a Noble Prancing
  • Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2006, 12:01:24 PM »

Okay, here it is; split in two volumes.

Also wonrz, Is there any way you can make a w model to go along with the v_hmg model? I have to use a placeholder right now due to no proper w model for it.

I'm afraid I can't. The V model has missing faces and I'm no modeller :(. Plus the textures for the model don't seem to work for me, it's all checkered.

[File not found]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 12:09:19 PM by wonrz »

BigBoss7556

• Alien Grunt
  • JC Denton - Supersoldier/Rogue Agent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2006, 12:57:05 PM »

Is the SAS model the one from the CS that will replace the HGrunt models?

your evil twin

• The Official Half-Life Guru
  • Gonarch
  • I eat Xen Crystals for breakfast
    • View Profile
    • Planet Half-Life
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2006, 12:59:21 PM »

Plus the textures for the model don't seem to work for me, it's all checkered.

What, do you mean that normally in game the view model is all chequered? Hope I didn't forget to include the materials folder for the gun...

I'll be sure to give that SAS guy a try. :)

Renard

• lazy ass Nº1
  • Gonarch
  • This shit is mining my self steem...
    • View Profile
    • deviantart account
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2006, 01:08:32 PM »

As It's used to be said on my country: Ole tus cojones Alex!!! Awesome job man!
But I have a question, Why do you talk about the hmg9 on the readme files and it doesn't appear ingame?

your evil twin

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
    • Planet Half-Life
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2006, 01:11:40 PM »

You get it by cheating, "give weapon_custom3". I couldn't actually make the weapon usable by enemies since I didn't have a w model for it. I put it in the instructions in the readme:

EXTRA CUSTOM WEAPONS
You can get these cheat weapons using the console command give weapon_custom1, give weapon_custom 2, etc. If you try giving them to NPCs they won’t be able to use them. Note that I haven’t tested them much so they might be unbalanced or overpowered.

Weapon_custom1
A bit of original Half-Life nostalgia, it’s Gordon’s old Glock. The secondary fire mode is burst fire.

Weapon_custom3
An HK HMG3 with a scope as the secondary fire mode.

Weapon_custom4
A shotgun that allows you to zoom in with secondary fire. Just for the hell of it, it looks like Father Grigori’s Annabelle shotgun.

(That "just for the hell of it" comment was beacuse Annabelle doesn't have a scope, so the fact you can zoom in is a little bit odd. ;) I didn't bother mentioning the give weapon_annabelle cheat since that is a normal HL2 cheat, but now it uses your cool Brainbread shotgun.)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 01:15:59 PM by your evil twin »

Renard

• lazy ass Nº1
  • Gonarch
  • This shit is mining my self steem...
    • View Profile
    • deviantart account
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2006, 01:19:53 PM »

I mean even using the cheat, the model doesn't appears. Instead of that appears the mp7.

your evil twin

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
    • Planet Half-Life
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2006, 01:53:05 PM »

Oh. Whoops. Well, that's a bug! I included the wrong weapon_custom3 file. Lol. Something else for version 1.01!

End Of Days

• 3D Modeller
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2006, 02:11:52 PM »

I haven't played the mod much due to crashes every 15 minutes. This never happened with the original S-Mod. I highly doubt it's my rig cause I can run the game at high settings getting a steady FPS.

Maybe I'll wait till my other gig of RAM gets here and then try it out.

fitzroy_doll

• Headcrab
    • View Profile
    • Amphibian Mods
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2006, 02:38:03 PM »

SMOD always had the potential to be an ultra-realism mod, so congratulations on making that happen. 

One of the aspects of SMOD I have enjoyed is being able to limit the number of weapons you can carry for additional realism. I think the minimum to complete the game is 5 (1. crowbar then gravgun 2. RPG launcher 3. Grenades 4. One pistol or pheropod or sniper rifle 5. One rifle, shotgun or smg). You can try it with 4 but once you have to start carrying the pheropod you won't have any direct fire weapons (though of course you can drop it after Nova Prospekt). It would be nice to be able to limit the number of weapons per bucket (One available slot for 1, 2, 3, 4, and 6, two slots for 5). This would give you 6 weapons (7 including the pheropod), so not as difficult as limiting to 5 overall, but would eliminate the weapon juggling required to keep the number of weapons down. It's beyond me to implement as it would require changes in the original SMOD dll's.

I'll wait until OneManShow's changes get integrated into the next release before trying out Remastered in depth, as I like the sound of those additions, but top marks for what I've seen so far.

your evil twin

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
    • Planet Half-Life
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2006, 03:53:53 PM »

I considered doing weapon limiting, but decided against it because a number of the weapons can only be found in one location, such as the singularity generator (gravity bomb), the tau cannon, Alyx's gun, the airboat gun (and actually I think the normal magnum gun is only available in one place)... throwing away one of those would be a tough choice because you'd never get it again, but if you kept them then you'd be restricted from using regular weapons like assault rifles, shotguns, whatever.

If I did limit the number of weapons carried, the limit would be around 12 or something - that way you'd hit the limit in the middle of the game and then have to decide whether you really needed two pistols, two shotguns, two assault rifles, etc.

fitzroy_doll

• Headcrab
    • View Profile
    • Amphibian Mods
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2006, 04:20:21 PM »

I considered doing weapon limiting, but decided against it because a number of the weapons can only be found in one location, such as the singularity generator (gravity bomb), the tau cannon, Alyx's gun, the airboat gun (and actually I think the normal magnum gun is only available in one place)... throwing away one of those would be a tough choice because you'd never get it again, but if you kept them then you'd be restricted from using regular weapons like assault rifles, shotguns, whatever.

If I did limit the number of weapons carried, the limit would be around 12 or something - that way you'd hit the limit in the middle of the game and then have to decide whether you really needed two pistols, two shotguns, two assault rifles, etc.

To make it really work the weapons would have to be made available in multiple locations, as you say. I did do all of HL2 with just 5, ended up trading back and forth between the AK47 and the MP5, which I would occassionally drop in exchange for a sniper rifle. Yes, throwing away the Alyx gun was tough, but that's part of the "fun."

VectorW8

• Local Fuckface
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2006, 04:25:59 PM »

In my personal opinion, weapon limiting not only sucks, it's a pain in the ass.

fitzroy_doll

• Headcrab
    • View Profile
    • Amphibian Mods
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2006, 05:01:58 PM »

In my personal opinion, weapon limiting not only sucks, it's a pain in the ass.

Well, that's the great thing about SMOD, if you don't like a feature you can cfg it out!

iceman

• Major Iceman
  • Alien Grunt
  • Cold as ice
    • View Profile
    • Opposing Forces
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2006, 05:10:07 PM »

i was wondering,what are the weapon names in the console?,i want to spawn a couple grunts with jackhammers and such :D

Great Mod By The Way  :)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 05:12:03 PM by iceman »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44