HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: jeds model viewer  (Read 8684 times)

Comrade Tiki

• Gonarch
  • Sweeter than success is vindication.
    • View Profile
Re: jeds model viewer
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2005, 06:16:05 PM »

I therefore find that steam helps me, (it allows me to play online)
*ahem* WON sort of helped us play online too...

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • Gonarch
  • GE:S and Ballistic Weapons tester.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2005, 06:23:43 PM »

I could never play online with WON, it kept trying to get me to update wveb though I had all the latest versions.

Comrade Tiki

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2005, 01:40:39 AM »

I could never play online with WON, it kept trying to get me to update wveb though I had all the latest versions.
Erm, apparently not. :-\

So you like Steam because your WON executable was out of date?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
    • HL-Improvement
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2005, 01:48:23 AM »

Whats running HL2 got to do with Steam?

(You have to run Steam to run HL2, so it sucks when it cannot authenticate b/c of internet being out)

And that "if it came with it" argument is faulty. If Half-Life came with steam, you would have to connect over your 56k to play singleplayer. People would complain about that. Additionally, if you were cut on the arm every day since birth, you wouldn't complain about being cut on the arm. However WON never cut people on the arm, whereas Steam helps some and cuts others.
There is an offline mode... ::)

Comrade Tiki

• Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2005, 02:18:16 AM »

Yes, there is. Then again, HL2 can run on most any computer.

What I'm trying to say is that offline mode worked once for me, out of the ten times I've tried to use it.
NOT TO MENTION after installing HL2 from the five CDs or so, it takes an hour online to "decrypt" the files or whatnot.
I specifically installed using the CDs for that reason of not needing to be online.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2005, 02:20:06 AM by Comrade Tiki »

Red Slug

• 12 Gauge
  • Gargantua
  • Short-range firepower
    • View Profile
    • Deviant Art
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2005, 07:49:45 AM »

Yes, there is. Then again, HL2 can run on most any computer.

What I'm trying to say is that offline mode worked once for me, out of the ten times I've tried to use it.
NOT TO MENTION after installing HL2 from the five CDs or so, it takes an hour online to "decrypt" the files or whatnot.
I specifically installed using the CDs for that reason of not needing to be online.

Just one hour? Man, lucky guy!

pipboy

• Bant Forevah From Teh BBQ
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2005, 06:44:51 AM »

I have problems wich steam cause i use 56k moden and steam is 100 times slower than won and like comnrade tiky said in the topic moderator sent to hall of shame: steam is less acessible! U must connect lots of time cause sometimes steam just recuses to work offline.
 And here in brazil we pay for the time we r connected when using 56kmoden ( but in special time like weekend and after midnigth until 6am ) ... thats y i stoped playing in steam ( and another reason is cause a fren registered wich my cd-key before me and forguot password so i can just login wich another frenĀ“s cd-key ).
 About put me on hall of shame: It was wrong to put me there wich no chance of defense... and no one pm me about that!
 I think moderators should pm ppl when put on hall of shame or remove theyr downloads links like when i posted a barney tha were holding a hl2 gun that i didnt know that was from hl2.
 But now that im there no need to get me out... of course u could just change the name to "Hall of Charme" so it ll be more apropriate for my kind.  :D

Zanzura

• Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2005, 07:28:24 AM »

A thread titled Steam - bashing usually ends up in a flame-war between WON and Steam. The flame war is pointless anyway, the people who like Steam and it is convienent to them won't say "You're right, Steam sucks even though it works perfectly fine on my computer." The Steam users either won't give a damn or probably wouldn't know how to fix your problem. Therefore it ended up getting locked and "hosed."

Here's a steam style message.

The thread has been banned.

Reason : Pointless Flame War between Steam Users and WON Users.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2005, 07:30:24 AM by Zanzura »

James

• Throw THIS at THAT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gonarch
  • <3
    • View Profile
    • Resident Evil : Cold Blood
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2005, 07:00:56 PM »

You dont need them if you use Steam (like you should be doing anyway :P)
steam is the wrose invention ever... the only mod i planed to make wich a fren was a mod were u r a hl player that got mad when won server r all shut down so u got to valve buliding looking to some vengeance by killing the guy how invented steam and the ones how make steam possible... it could be a real funny mod... history was something like u go in valve building kill some inocent ppl that u think was him but discovery he is vacancy and go after him. but after the massacre in valve he got warned and u got to hunt him and i have a great final that i dun wanna tell. ^^ but i never though in a name cause i dunno how can help me to do a mod...  :(

That...is the most terrible idea I have ever heard. Plus the majority of Half Life players use Steam. So...you've got a bit of a problem there. Plus if you don't like Valve and their decision to go with Steam, then what are you doing in a Half Life forum?

pipboy

• Bant Forevah From Teh BBQ
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2005, 04:47:12 AM »

a war? steam users VS won users? i never mean that... i was just saying that steam caused me trouble and caused trouble for some of my frens here in brazil... conecting every time i want to play SP is something bad for 56k users... brazil phone is one of the most $$$ in all world and most of we r poor ppl!
* I wasnt talking about steam users... i was talking about Steam "the program"!
Pages: 1 [2]