HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Female NPCs? What's the verdict?  (Read 11109 times)

BiscuitDude

• Biscuit Fanatic
  • Vortigaunt
  • A victory isn't complete without biscuits.
    • View Profile
Female NPCs? What's the verdict?
« on: June 18, 2006, 11:29:06 PM »

Now, before you have a go at me for putting in this thread, it is because all the threads I found in search related to my query were over 6 Months old, I preferred to make this topic instead of making a new post on those threads, then get buggered by someone saying not to bump it. Now, onto business.

Although I doubt the mod team will actually say: Is there any confirmation on Female NPCs to be included in HL:E? If so, does this also mean Female Zombies?

ACE

• The Gun Nut
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: Female NPCs? What's the verdict?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 12:28:36 AM »

.....no....just...no....

Matt

• Administrator
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
    • HL-Improvement
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 12:36:08 AM »

.....no....just...no....
Why exactly?

Can't confirm this. Problem is getting the voices recorded

chubby

• Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 01:57:08 AM »

Modeling them would be no problem, but anybody who is smart enough to work with modding HL(like me and most of HIT) do not know anybody of "The Female Species". Not to mention that women with enough patience for a very extensive voice recording session are few and far between. It is also impossible for a Man to capture the details of a womens body language and how they would react to somthing like the resonance cascade senario.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 02:00:03 AM by chubby »

User with the dancing badger

• HIT's Resident Programmer.
  • Gonarch
  • ~= Master Of Mess =~
    • View Profile
    • HostileZone
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 08:55:09 AM »

It is also impossible for a Man to capture the details of a womens body language and how they would react to somthing like the resonance cascade senario.
That one's easy, they would slap the man involved. :c

gtaiiilc

• web comic addict
  • Retard
  • Alien Grunt
  • th3r3 is no such thing as e th3r3s only 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 10:03:42 AM »

That one's easy, they would slap the man involved. :c
and nag!

Blood Surfer

• Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 10:44:07 AM »

I know some woman who could but they are french :/ 

BiscuitDude

• Biscuit Fanatic
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 08:58:03 PM »

Dunno if accents and Nationalities matter do they (they speak English before you ask, but British compared to American)? 'cos some friends of mine are interested in acting. So I could get them to do voices for you? They'd be willing to do so, I'd just have arrange a recording session some time this week.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 09:20:47 PM by BiscuitDude »

James

• Throw THIS at THAT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gonarch
  • <3
    • View Profile
    • Resident Evil : Cold Blood
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 09:22:32 PM »

Modeling them would be no problem, but anybody who is smart enough to work with modding HL(like me and most of HIT) do not know anybody of "The Female Species". Not to mention that women with enough patience for a very extensive voice recording session are few and far between. It is also impossible for a Man to capture the details of a womens body language and how they would react to somthing like the resonance cascade senario.

It's not a question of knowing them, it's a question of telling them that you mess with Half-Life and stuff. Nobody I know offline actually knows that I waste my life in front of the computer every day or mod Half-Life, so I guess getting them to do voice acting for it would be, uh...awkward to say the least. I can't even imagine how I'd approach them about it...

BiscuitDude

• Biscuit Fanatic
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 09:59:31 PM »

It's not a question of knowing them, it's a question of telling them that you mess with Half-Life and stuff. Nobody I know offline actually knows that I waste my life in front of the computer every day or mod Half-Life, so I guess getting them to do voice acting for it would be, uh...awkward to say the least. I can't even imagine how I'd approach them about it...
Well, I've already got that sorted out, one of the girls I asked is interested. She thinks it would be quite an interesting project to work on. Just need to see if any of the others are interested.

RawR

• Anti Communist Cunt
  • Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 10:06:42 PM »

In middle school I made the mistake of telling "cool" people I played Operation Flashpoint. From then on I became known as the Operation Flashpoint Soldier. It went on for months and months.  :'(
PC games + real life = misery.
Not one single girl I know plays pc games on a regular basis.

ACE

• The Gun Nut
  • Alien Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 10:08:02 PM »

The gamers life is hard....

BiscuitDude

• Biscuit Fanatic
  • Vortigaunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 10:11:17 PM »

In middle school I made the mistake of telling "cool" people I played Operation Flashpoint. From then on I became known as the Operation Flashpoint Soldier. It went on for months and months.  :'(
Oh dear, I never get that, though a friend on mine picked up a "Russian" accent from a game. He got laughed at so much, and people said "You're a Russian aren't you Russian boy?". The funny thing is my friend was so pissed off he brought in his passport to show he really wasn't a Russian. Even after that, they still called him a Russian, and on top of that, he almost lost his passport.

Oh, and I don't think I mentioned this, but he did the WORST Russian accent I have EVER heard!

/off topic

RawR

• Anti Communist Cunt
  • Gargantua
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 10:18:56 PM »

:D

Thing is though it used to bother me so much. Now I dont give two shits about admitting I play pc games and sit on my pc for hours on end. If people cant accept you for who you are then there isnt much point in bothering with them.
On the subject of different accents it would be quite cool if NPC's could have different voices rather than generic scientist ones and generic barneys. I imagine quite a few Japanese, Russian and English scientists would be working at Black Mesa.

toadie

• Tango Two Kilo
  • Vice Champeen
  • Gonarch
  • I died a little inside...
    • View Profile
    • Toadie's Ranthole on the Interblag
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 01:20:46 AM »

Geez, what females are you guys hanging around? I know PLENTY of female gamers on and offline, and several who would love to lend their voices to any project I'm on. Unfortunately, they all have Australian accents, and thus are useless.
Pages: [1] 2 3