Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
June 20, 2018, 06:25:21 PM

:    
HIT Forums  |  Community Projects  |  Resident Evil: Cold Blood  |  Suggestions (Moderators: Ackart, James)  |  Topic: Some melee suggestions 0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: Some melee suggestions  ( 2177 )
Werewolf
Alien Grunt

: 490

« : June 20, 2006, 02:46:40 PM »

This suggestion is based purely on my own personal views, and half of my reason for posting it is to see who else thinks it is a worth while consideration.  Since the RECB mod revolves around regular citizens, I would personally like to see more in the way of melee combat.

Firstly, I think it would be cool to see a multitude of melee weapons.  Don't get me wrong, I am impressed to see 4 melee weapons in one mod, as I think it is too often overlooked in the mod community.  Additions could include, baseball bats, meat cleavers, broomsticks (as seen in Outbreak games) etc.  I would also love to see a separate weapon made of the fire axe (can't get it out of my head since I reskinned it for the pipe).

I think that it would be important to see different functions on some of these weapons to make them worth using.  Counter-Strike gave us a knife that stabbed, Op4 gave us a pipe-wrench (also a cool thing to add) with a charged attack.  These are all things I think could be implemented to make the game more varied.

Secondly, if melee weapons were to become more important to RECB, I believe that some form of unarmed defence should be given at the start of joining the server.  The player would then search for melee weapons around the map: a fire axe on the wall, broomstick in the janitor's closet, shovel in a graveyard etc.  I also think that perhaps there should be an option not to start with the flashlight but have a few scattered across the map.  This would require team work since light is a valuable asset to hold in a mod such as RECB.

An unarmed attack wouldn't need to be powerful at all.  It could be a weak punch (or kick for dogs), or perhaps more interestingly a shove that does no damage but knocks the enemy back a short distance in order to allow room to escape.  This shove attack could be on a slow recharge to prevent spamming the attack, and wouldn't be effective against larger enemies such as spiders or hunters.

I realize that not all of these ideas are practical or applicable, but I hope that it will help open up areas that may not have been considered before, or better, lead you to think of ideas not mentioned here at all.

Thanks for reading  :).

James
Throw THIS at THAT!
Global Moderator
Gonarch

: 3663

<3

« #1 : June 20, 2006, 02:57:30 PM »

I've got loads of free time today and feel like getting some serious work done on RE:CB. We'll see what we can do. I, for one, would love to see some more melee weapons.
imkongkong
Snark

: 10

« #2 : June 20, 2006, 09:24:48 PM »

I've got loads of free time today and feel like getting some serious work done on RE:CB. We'll see what we can do. I, for one, would love to see some more melee weapons.

awesome.. i personally think a shove should be implemented in the game that could push hordes of enemies back just a little..

i was trapped by 4 zombies all surrounding me.. first two zombies cornered me and i started to get bitten.. 2 more came a long and they all started biting me and i couldnt move and died right on the spot.. there should be some way to get some distance to escape something like that.. would be cool if it was animated the zombies grabbing
: [1]  
HIT Forums  |  Community Projects  |  Resident Evil: Cold Blood  |  Suggestions (Moderators: Ackart, James)  |  Topic: Some melee suggestions « previous next »
: