HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: "Realistic" skill.cfg for Sven Co-op  (Read 5178 times)

James

• Throw THIS at THAT!
  • Global Moderator
  • Gonarch
  • <3
    • View Profile
    • Resident Evil : Cold Blood
Re: "Realistic" skill.cfg for Sven Co-op
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2005, 05:38:32 AM »

I'm willing to bet £100 that he doesn't even write his own songs anyway. Or record his own samples. Or design the backing track etc etc

Aydin

• The full metal alchemist
  • DoC Development Team
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2005, 10:01:21 AM »

<cheesy gman quote>

makes all the difference in the world, mr. freeman

Shiroi Len

• Headcrab
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2005, 05:36:20 AM »

Here's mine.

I've been balancing it for a long long time. [3+ years, only recently added in svencoop stuff]

If you want to use it for non-svencoop then delete the part that's svencoop specific.

It also includes the original skill file in case those of you want to go back to normal and forgot to back it up.

[File not found]

knox

• mr tfc
  • Gonarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2005, 10:36:42 AM »

Wasn't this this simlar to the old Deus Ex-like cfg on one of the older forums? If so, this stuff has never worked for me, even after exe'ing the cfgs D:

Shiroi Len

• Headcrab
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2005, 01:03:06 AM »

I built my skill around the fact that the player has a HEV suit, and it's strong but it shouldn't be able to survive like 2000 shots to the head.  Weapons are built to kill; You can't die easily either, from being shot in the arm a bunch of times, so there's a damage divider on limbs that reduces damage by 25% to limbs.  Torso wounds can be severe, even deadly if vital organs are hit, so I added a 15% damage bonus for being hit in the head.  Stomach wounds are always deadly, as they poison you from the inside slowly so I set that to have a 25% damage bonus.  Headshots, depending on skill (Easy/medium gives you a 250% damage bonus, hard gives you 500%), can make for deadly and quick damage, but monsters can do the same to you.  If you are shot in the head, chances are that you're dead.  [Assuming your HEV suit isn't charged.]

But in a few rare occasions, you may be able to survive with very very low life, and that can give you enough time to escape and save your life.

9mm weapons are not pea shooters; I upped the damage on those to account for this fact.  Well-placed shots, even to kevlar or armor, can be deadly, so usually, a maximum of 6 hits is needed to take down a human grunt.  Alien grunts are tough, and to account for this, I increased their health to the 300s.  They can be taken down with one mp5 clip, provided most of your shots hit.  The crowbar damage is increased, due to blunt force being able to knock enemies unconscious.  RPGs, in reality, can be very lethal if the target is less than 8m away, so I increased the damage on it to simulate shrapanel damage/concussion from range, and ranged RPG use is definitely reccomended if you don't wish to die in the process.

The crossbow is a tranquilizer gun, so it deals fairly high damage (Maybe 2 shots can take down an alien grunt).

The .357 magnum, I increased the damage because it can punch through a lot, but it's not as powerful as a shotgun or a .44.

The shotgun is deadly in close to mid range in reality, so I increased the damage of each pellet.  Provided all of the pellets hit, you can usually take down a zombie with a single direct headshot, or around two body shots, and a double can take down a human grunt, but not always if he's lucky.

The handgrenade damage system can't be modified for some reason, the explosion size always stays the same, but the damage can be concentrated.  Increased damage on grenades due to the fact that they are deadly.

I'll add to this more later when I feel like it.

Edit: Okay, more stuff to add.

The UZI is essentially, now, like an automatic pistol - it does the same amount of damage as the normal pistol does, so it's very effective in mowing down humans.  The pipewrench does heavy damage now, simply due to blunt force.  The Satchels and Tripmines damage is increased, simple because these are trap weapons, and the victim is usually suprised, and, not being prepared, takes more damage.  Sniper rifle deals high damage, due to the same element of suprise, and high caliber.

More will be added later.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005, 04:13:54 AM by Shiroi Len »
Pages: 1 [2]