HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [HL2 Prefab] Half-Life Detailed Door  (Read 4001 times)

us3rnam3

• Why look, anoth3r
  • Vortigaunt
  • Too many 3s in m3h s3nt3nc3s
    • View Profile
    • "Tak3 a look at this, gordon!"
[HL2 Prefab] Half-Life Detailed Door
« on: July 25, 2006, 09:58:39 AM »

First off, I know, you should not use prefabs, but it's not often you get someone remaking HL. (Can't wait for Black Mesa!)
Second, no, this is not HL:Source related (Well, sorta).
Third, to clarify, I did not use the carve tool (sorry to sound mad, but people say this alot)

Quote from: the readme
* * * Half-Life Door  V2* * *

Info: I don't really like all the textures of HL2. Since some of the textures were from
Half-Life (most people don't like the HL textures in HL2, and I don't care), I decided to make a more
detailed door. Using the c1a1_dr3 and c1a1_dr3b textures, it turned out to be one heavy
looking door, just really nice looking. In shorter words, the 2D texture was turned into a
3D model look-a-like. The sounds might not be the best, but it turned out better
than I expected. Once again, I really don't care about someone not likeing a HL texture in HL2. If it was already high res, I wouldn't have to do this,
or be a n00b and post 2 solids that move up and down.
Anyway, I detect that my talking is boring you out, so outta this readme
and into the BSP or VMF. Have fun!

Changes:
Shaft added so the door doesn't look like it's going through the floor (Don't say the shaft is ugly, it's not sopposed to be looked at)
The door now goes all the way down, let me know if I should change back.
3 more details added. 2 weird cylender things and 1 pipe, 1 greenish-bluish pipe, I really don't know what it is.
Door is no longer white with rusted and vice versa, its now on one side rusted and on the other white.
Door's speed increased by 10 units
The white thingy at the bottom of the door has been reshaped a little bit. same with the other side.
Some texture fixes for the pipes on the white side of the door.and all other pipes, excluding the weird blue one.
Sounds changed to sound like the HL1 door, both sounds are located in HL2.

Bugs:
None, at the moment at least.

Credits: Valve (or VALVe)

This release was intended to be released at 3:29 PM 29/07/2006, but the host disappeared, and I was chucked out of the edit.
Infact, I can only ever get out a few posts before it just shuts off and turns on like, 2 days later. I don't know why.

Don't really pay attection to that last line in the readme, it just has to be a problem with my browser or something...

Install Instructions:
1. Download, open ZIP file.
2. For the BSP, extract to C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\******\half-life 2\hl2\maps
3. For the VMF, extract to C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\******\sourcesdk_content\hl2\mapsrc
4. If your opening BSP, load up hl2.
5. Enable console, go into options, keyboard, advanced, tick Enable Dev Console if you havn't done so yet
6. Load up console, press ` then type in "map HLDR02"
7. For the VMF, just load up the file in hammer as you would with any other map.

Bugs:
Moved to readme, but theres none at the moment, I hope.

Use and mofify this in your map HOWEVER THE HELL you want! You have full permission to use it even without credit. I just want to see this in a map sometime. (dont worry, I'm making my own.)

New screenshots and download: (I will try to get a screenshot showing the 3D detail soon. I hope.)

Edit: There are developer lines at the top left of both screenshots, my bad. Please ignore them.

[File not found]
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 02:21:46 AM by us3rnam3 »

Razor-47

• Subject 47
  • Gonarch
  • Anomaly Detected...
    • View Profile
Re: [HL2 Prefab] Half-Life Detailed Door
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 12:15:32 PM »

Excellent work. The actual texture of the door could be a little better, but it is extremely more detailed than the default, that's for sure.

Shooter__Andy

• Idea Generator
  • Gargantua
  • ZombieEd. dev.
    • View Profile
    • Shooter__Andy's HomePage (in russian)
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 04:32:51 AM »

The texture is ugly. Sorry, but it is. And why one half is white?

us3rnam3

• Why look, anoth3r
  • Vortigaunt
  • Too many 3s in m3h s3nt3nc3s
    • View Profile
    • "Tak3 a look at this, gordon!"
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 07:12:12 AM »

I know the texture is ugly, its from HL1. I was just thinking that myself, I think I will just make one side white and one side rusted. see updated post.

Version 2 is out!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 08:05:48 AM by us3rnam3 »