Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
August 16, 2018, 06:54:03 AM

:    
HIT Forums  |  Community Projects  |  Resident Evil: Cold Blood  |  Custom Content (Moderators: Ackart, James)  |  Topic: [Weapon] M66 Rocket Launcher 0 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
: [1]
: [Weapon] M66 Rocket Launcher  ( 9445 )
ChrisK
Snark

: 5

« : August 22, 2006, 11:53:35 PM »

Hey First Post,
This is the M66 from RE1,2, and 3. It dosnt replace anything...

In the game this weapon was always found near a boss (besides in re1 where you could get it from a locker) and is known to be the most powerful weapon in the game. It shoots four rockets at once and has unlimited ammo (in the game).

The model is like 900 polys and I made it in milkshape.
The texture is temporary, I just threw it on for kicks and giggles.

[File not found]
Werewolf
Alien Grunt

: 490

« #1 : August 23, 2006, 11:10:46 AM »

Hmmm...

It's a good first try, although since it doesn't work in game and is unfinished I can't really say any more.

The cylinder areas look way too low poly, try adding more sides.  Also you seem to have a lot of smoothing errors.

For a first model though, this is a good effort.  Keep trying, but maybe post in the WIP forum rather than in here.

ChrisK
Snark

« #2 : August 23, 2006, 04:31:37 PM »

Its not my first model...
ChrisK
Snark

« #3 : August 23, 2006, 04:57:52 PM »

(how do you edit your post?)
Anyway I fixed the smoothing, I hadn't fixed any smoothing before and this is more of a WIP thread.
Werewolf
Alien Grunt

« #4 : August 23, 2006, 05:29:47 PM »

Sorry, I just hadn't seen any of your stuff before.  It's good that you fixed the smoothing, I think that it will improve the model a lot.
You really need a texture though, since it is slightly hard to see some parts of your model with the chrome skin.

Press modify at the top of your posts to edit them.  Also, there is a WIP forum at the bottom of the main board, or you can use the main forum of the RECB forum.  This sub-forum is more for released work.

ChrisK
Snark

« #5 : August 23, 2006, 07:57:40 PM »

Heres an update to it. It only has default abimations and I am going to make some new ones, and there is still a small amount of smoothing errors but they arent seen.

[File not found]
Werewolf
Alien Grunt

« #6 : August 23, 2006, 09:34:31 PM »

Hmmm... I took a look, origins are way off.  I could understand if you were making the sights line up with the center of the screen, but the origins just block half of the screen out. 

It's good to see that you put a skin on it.  What did you use to make it?  It looks like MS paint, which isn't the best tool to use.  If you want a better free graphics program try the gimp, its about as good as you can get for free legally, unless your computer ships with something like PS elements.

With better origins, anims done by you to suit your model better and a good skin this could be a good first release over here at HIT.

Keep plugging away, it gets easier.  I can't really help you with modelling from scratch since I mainly skin and do a few hacks.  Just ask if you have a question though, I might be able to help a little.

ChrisK
Snark

« #7 : August 23, 2006, 10:01:11 PM »

I used photoshop, YO umay want to take a look at the texture not just wrapped on the model. Ive been modeling for three years but just started texturing my own models, also I said that the default animations arent really good with that, its the same way the default one is.
Werewolf
Alien Grunt

« #8 : August 23, 2006, 10:46:07 PM »

Right.

I never said that it was your fault about the anims, I said that I agreed with you that it would look good with it's own anims.

The origins ARE unusual and DO obstruct the view.

Try sourceblog.org for skinning tips.

I'm just trying to help, crits are part of a WIP thread.

Renard
lazy ass NÂș1
Gonarch

: 1064

This shit is mining my self steem...

« #9 : August 26, 2006, 10:41:33 AM »

Ok...

the model is too blocky.
the origins block the view. Try putting 5 3 0.
A huge Rocket launcher like that should be gripped with both hands. Try using the anims that I used for mi AT202A2.
The scope... I seems that It has been made of toothpicks.
About the strap detail. Good idea.
The textures are much better than mine. I'll change mine.

Just this for now
« : August 26, 2006, 10:46:59 AM Renard »

Werewolf
Alien Grunt

« #10 : August 26, 2006, 02:45:45 PM »

Ok...

the model is too blocky.
the origins block the view. Try putting 5 3 0.
A huge Rocket launcher like that should be gripped with both hands. Try using the anims that I used for mi AT202A2.
The scope... I seems that It has been made of toothpicks.
About the strap detail. Good idea.
The textures are much better than mine. I'll change mine.

Just this for now

Yep, everything I was thinking but not saying to avoid upset.

End Of Days
3D Modeller
Gonarch

: 2987

« #11 : August 26, 2006, 05:10:50 PM »

Model sucks.

Reasons:
Refs?
That a scope? Maybe if you got supervision you could aim at something.
Handle/grip that is? Maybe if you're a miget.
Rockets those are? I don't know what kind of rockets the M66 launchs but M203s?
Smoothing errors and possibly overlaping faces in the render make for a not so much presentation. At last give a shot of the model flatshaded.
Also, more sides could be used on the barrels and more edges everywhere else.

Julia Stone
Snark

: 16

« #12 : August 27, 2006, 11:44:58 PM »

Model sucks.

Reasons:
Refs?
That a scope? Maybe if you got supervision you could aim at something.
Handle/grip that is? Maybe if you're a miget.
Rockets those are? I don't know what kind of rockets the M66 launchs but M203s?
Smoothing errors and possibly overlaping faces in the render make for a not so much presentation. At last give a shot of the model flatshaded.
Also, more sides could be used on the barrels and more edges everywhere else.
Aahahahhaahhahahah! Dont you mean 40mm nades?

Welcome, brother! Ignore EoD, he turned the sorrow of having a small penis into rudness.

::) It sure does.
« : August 28, 2006, 01:21:41 AM Julia Stone »
End Of Days
3D Modeller
Gonarch

: 2987

« #13 : August 27, 2006, 11:55:46 PM »

Welcome, brother! Ignore EoD, he turned the sorrow of having a small penis into rudness.

The truth hurts don't it? :D

Werewolf
Alien Grunt

« #14 : August 28, 2006, 12:56:02 PM »

::) It sure does.

Huh? What?

: [1]  
HIT Forums  |  Community Projects  |  Resident Evil: Cold Blood  |  Custom Content (Moderators: Ackart, James)  |  Topic: [Weapon] M66 Rocket Launcher « previous next »
: