HIT Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Recoil?  (Read 1783 times)

Stalker

• My Custom Title
  • Snark
  • I own you
    • View Profile
Recoil?
« on: September 01, 2006, 01:43:55 PM »

I always thought that the recoil on certain weapons was a bit unrealistic and... annoying compared to the 1.6 version.  Take the Pistol and the Machinegun/Nade Launcher.  When you fire the Machinegun the gun is allover the place and I know that would be normal but if you go ingame and try to fire at a wall. You will see that the crosshair just moves up and down. As I said I thought it wasnt as good as the old one. I think the recoil in Half-life source is not just annoying and unrealistic.. But slow.
Do you have any intention of improving it?  ;D (if its possible)

Frraksurred

• Team HL:S:HD
  • Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
Re: Recoil?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 02:17:27 PM »

We had no intentions of, no... but then again we never really noticed.  Nonetheless, as stated in our FAQ's we are primarily a content replacement pack (models, textures, sounds, etc).  We have not as of yet ventured into any form of coding and will not for the 2.0 release.  If things change in that area, it would be for a future release.

Stalker

• My Custom Title
  • Snark
  • I own you
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 03:06:25 PM »

Sorry I keep getting carried away and thinking that it is a mod. Slap me. (I did check the FAQs but I was looking for a question about recoil  ;) )
Yea I think im just picky that way about the recoil. I prefer the old recoil but I can live with the source one.

Frraksurred

• Team HL:S:HD
  • Gonarch
  • ~ More Hi-Deffier ~
    • View Profile
    • World Wide Ambassadors
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 01:48:23 AM »

If it is something we can address we will look into it, but it would be after 2.0 completion.  Also, you may want to bring it up in the "Source Discussion" forum, or "Help Desk" for that matter.  I'm sure somebody knows a way to tweak that.